Transponder Rental ??

if less money was spent on "go pros" jersey lettering and custom graphics .....there would be a few extra bucks for racing.
just get the transponders.
im a cheap ass dude and ill put up 25$..................

What I hate about transponders... more than the cost which is just a cost of racing... is turning them in at the end of the day to get the deposit back. It's a pain, you're ready to go home... there is a long line... And as others have pointed out you can't really buy the thing since techology is changing so fast and you will probably need to get a new unit next year. Transponders suck!

I also think you need people scoring either way... since well, transponders suck...

Jeremy, go with the absolute cheapest option and get some real live people to score (back up) call me next year. I'll score.

Use them at Daytona three years in a row. Not one time has it taken more than a minute to turn in two transponders. They look at the number check it off, and throw it in a box. My Charge Card is then not charged anymore than the $25. NEVER a line, and this is a big race with lots of riders.

What I hate about transponders... more than the cost which is just a cost of racing... is turning them in at the end of the day to get the deposit back. It's a pain, you're ready to go home... there is a long line... And as others have pointed out you can't really buy the thing since techology is changing so fast and you will probably need to get a new unit next year. Transponders suck!

I also think you need people scoring either way... since well, transponders suck...

Jeremy, go with the absolute cheapest option and get some real live people to score (back up) call me next year. I'll score.

Oh BLAH! Kidding.

This is true, you still need a person scoring as a back-up, just in case. More times than not you dont really them from what I have heard, but it is a good idea anyway. If you want to be me by back-up scorer that'd be cool Karen. I need all the help I can get, for sure. I will try to get ahold of you.

It is easy to forget about that transponder, especially after a long day of racing, or a long weekend. We will be making annoucements to remind people. I did once, I kept it for a couple months, an expensive forget.

I have never encountered a long line at any national quad races. 600-700 racers, no line there. Maybe at Loretta's? I think the trackside or escore group do a good job. It might take two minutes to rent one.

It is easy to forget about that transponder, especially after a long day of racing, or a long weekend. We will be making annoucements to remind people.

Uh yeh, about that announcement thing. Your gonna need more speakers. Those way in the back can't hear squat. K?

The only thing that worries me is spending the $$$$$ on one and having them change. I bought one for Mikki and took it to Red Budd and it didn't work...$100 wasted....

There you go!, That's a good idea. I got the shocked all day. lol John250 had to be laughing is a$$ off watching me try to load up. My canopy was zapping the heck out of me.

There you go!, That's a good idea. I got the shocked all day. lol John250 had to be laughing is a$$ off watching me try to load up. My canopy was zapping the heck out of me.

Maybe down the road we can do that, right now those hay fields save us about $3000 in taxes. Now, we are going to make a better access into the other field, so we will have more places to park. Maybe we should hand out rubber gloves for those who park under them?

Maybe down the road we can do that, right now those hay fields save us about $3000 in taxes. Now, we are going to make a better access into the other field, so we will have more places to park. Maybe we should hand out rubber gloves for those who park under them?

Or give out free steel hats for those we dont like......with connecting ear plugs.

Just banner off a path under them for the race.
We almost got blocked in. There was one path out.(from back by the RC track)
and it was a tight squeeze if one more car would have pulled in I would have been trapped.

Anyone that purchased a transponder from EScore or MX Transponders in the past were swapped out for the new MyLaps. No Charge. They just did an even exchange.

the way is see it is jo your the boss you have raised one of the best tracks in ohio. so you must know something. u have a national caliber track and get alot of national riders. so with that said they are used to the transponders.and i think its great that people have a option to rent for 25 dollars. thats not going to break any parent or national kids wallet. its usually 500 to 800 to do these big events. so this is a blesssing. im all for the transponders. me and chris from area 51 had the same talk for about an hour about having transponders next year for the can am.

LOL.....got shocked a few times myself.....I was worried carrying my umbrella....the zapping and electric current sound coming down the umbrella handle of it concerned me a bit!

Back