How was the Can/Am Area 51 Race???

Were you parked between the two Adams, with Jordan. Looks like you were since we are in the background. If not, you had to be the next one over. Looks a cool view from up there. We were the ones yelling pole dancer :) at the guy on the roof.

didnt take pics of anything other than this one, and then one of the bib because they are cool. first one is a full 360 from on top of the camper. doesnt look too crowded but the place was packed with sweet rigs.View attachment 6700View attachment 6701

Area 51 is absolutely our favorite track (right there next to Unadilla). We had an awesome weekend with many wonderful friends. We love our motocross community and are so thankful to be able to do this sport. What made is so good was knowing so many people from Ohio and PA. Some of the best racing and fun we have had in a while. So glad you like my the brownies, I will make sure to have more next time :) I hope they do a 3 day event next year so we can stay longer. A shout out to all our friends, next time Kel and I will have an old lady split gate (heck if they split the big wheels for 3 we can do it for the old ladies). Thanks to Mr. S for souping up our golf cart :)
We will also be headed up the Halloween race they have because its loads of fun. The results are already up and CJ Bonds Photography should have the pictures up soon as well. Thanks Chris, Corey and all the staff at Area 51. But I will say transponders would be a great thing at their track as well.

I just looked at the results, I didn't realize how huge some of those classes were! http://www.tracksideresults.com/wnyracing/class.asp?s=3&c=all&e=27

I know some of the DNS results are the result of qualifiers, they are listing the people that didn't make it to top 42 as DNS. But they did pay and race qualifiers and LCQ.

If you count the people signed up for the grass race and the night-cross, they had over 1000 entries for the weekend!!!!

Were you parked between the two Adams, with Jordan. Looks like you were since we are in the background. If not, you had to be the next one over. Looks a cool view from up there. We were the ones yelling pole dancer :) at the guy on the roof.

yes i was! lol

Almost pooped my drawers watching it, but thankfully the little kid made it. I know hearing those bikes coming really scared the heck out of me. Apart from that it was its usual great time. Can't wait for the Halloween race. Not so good finish wise, but when you are leading a race and get a flat....Oh well. Lots more Eh riders this year, and I think Erik beat the Electrical tape #1 rider at XBOX :) The deep fried wings had to be grilled due to technical difficulties, but still good with some Sweet Baby Rays. Some of the best brownies ever (ate the whole box..sorry Mrs. R) Blue cheese burgers on Saturday, camp fires, no noise after 10, and I got to black flag the entire golf cart field (bunch of cheaters :) Lotts new pups slept a lot, but are cute. Good times. That's what it's all about.

Erik placed well in the 250 C class nice to see him working hard at the sport.

Erik placed well in the 250 C class nice to see him working hard at the sport.

Thanks. His results don't tell the what could have been story. But, should have, would have, could have, is a scenario we are all familiar with at some point. Flat tire, burnt clutch (poor mechanic), a hay bale, 3 downed riders. Felt bad for him that his effort didn't get more. However, his effort was 100%. Scottie would have loved it.

We were yelling take em off because you were parked next to the red light district. I gotta get one of those lights.

Well
Most of what I have to say has been mentioned by Pit. I had a blast, even though Mitchy had some struggles on a freshly watered and groomed track on a 50cc. Good experience, but I would move them a little later in the program. Was nice to get him out on the big track.

Here are some videos I got of my races and practices.

First, the grass track. I won the vintage class on my 83 YZ125K.

Next, practice for the night race on the little track. Raced my 83 YZ125K and ended up 1-1 in the vintage class and 2-3 in the 40+ class. Not bad in that class considering I was on a 29 year old 125cc Yamaha. By night end, I was clearing the double out of the corner I did not do on this lap and the triple, at the end of the video that I do a head banger on and case, on this lap and almost split my frame. Some watching were amazed I could do all the triple and double jumps on that old beast.

Last vid, the start of the +25B. Believe it or not, even with this bad start, I ended up with a 3-2 in the class and at one point was winning the second moto. Did see Crute out there in moto 1 and took a bit to get around him. This video is of lap one, moto one and you can see Pit sneaking past me in a corner and me having to chase him back down and Crute making me chase down that 2 smoker of his. Good stuff. I also ran the 30+B and went 6-2 for 3rd overall. Fell in moto one and was running 2nd. I went 7-6 for 5th overall in the 40+ Masters, but that class was really fast. All in all good times on the big track.

[video=youtube;huGuvzRyZiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=huGuvzRyZiA[/video]

As for the bib deal. I never saw them...I got them, handed them to my wife and daughter, and told my daughter to get our names on them. I did think is worked out well though. Since Mitchy had bad starts and crashes, I put the Canadian one on him so it would help the overall results for the US...hahah Lol...kidding! I have both US and Canada...kind of neat.

See you all there next year.

what a great time on a great track. cierra ate crap on saterday in practice after the infield triple that downhill was nasty. but was ok and raced her first big race . she got 6th . not to bad. congrats to all the ohio gang everyone did pretty well. the kotlar girls are just simply flying.

I remember in that moto Crute flying off the track and passing him. I was like "Ha - Sucka!" But then he railed back around me in the corner before the step-ups. I had trouble in that corner all weekend. I felt like I was riding my best of the season Sunday but in that cam I look like I'm coasting everywhere.

Here's a couple pics, we really didn't take many.

Attachments

• Area51002.jpg
    Area51002.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 190
  • Area51003.jpg
    Area51003.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Area51004.jpg
    Area51004.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Area51005.jpg
    Area51005.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Area51006.jpg
    Area51006.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Area51008.jpg
    Area51008.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 182
And a few pics the wife took. Pit and I on modern and vintage bikes, Mitchy on his KTM65, and a new look #32 J. Hand burning laps on a CR125 dad, Karl, has built for him....that kids hauls the mail on a super mini and now a buck-twenty-five. If my wife only knew more of those down there, she would have filled 2 32 gig SD cards up with pics....she killed a card with just Mitchy, Pit and I.

DSC_0545.jpgDSC_0635.jpgDSC_0657.jpgDSC_0691.jpgDSC_0770.jpgDSC_0782.jpgDSC_0563.jpgDSC_0605.jpgDSC_0618.jpg

Pit looking good on the PIG!!! gonna have to get some seat time on the Dunginator to keep up with you!

Z man nice wheelie on the start! ha ha and nice moto's. (with startsl like that I would'nt have my name on my bib either..ha)

Looks like I may have to hit that one next year too.

Pics

Attachments

• DSCF2233.jpg
    DSCF2233.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF2236.jpg
    DSCF2236.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF2194.jpg
    DSCF2194.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF2239.jpg
    DSCF2239.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF2241.jpg
    DSCF2241.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 176
So what does it look like when you pull off from a race in a field that turned into a dust bowl? Well...sorry Pit. Could not resist. Next time you will stay further back from the Rhino leading the group on the parade lap. Got milk?

DSC_0569.jpg

...and the Rock Star Mitchy celebrating at Pit's new look!

DSC_0447.jpg

Thanks. His results don't tell the what could have been story. But, should have, would have, could have, is a scenario we are all familiar with at some point. Flat tire, burnt clutch (poor mechanic), a hay bale, 3 downed riders. Felt bad for him that his effort didn't get more. However, his effort was 100%. Scottie would have loved it.

We raced a llq there the year before last and he did love the track, crazy fast up hill 1st turn by the time they hit that turn they are flying. We where going to this race but Scottie broke his wrist 3 weeks ago, cast off now but still sore. Eric lives 20 min from area 51.

Back