Baja Brawl 735 Entries!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I saw a thing on the trackside software page about the baja brawl, so I checked out their results page. HOLY SMOKES 735 entries! Almost no vets by looking at the classes, is this primarily a kids race? I saw allot of stock and mod classes. Sounds like a crazy weekend. Anyone been there for it?

In no way just a kids race they have all classes and the biggest jump in the AMA I believe they call it kong or something like that. You should make the trip up for the Monster Mash next month and just check it out. The after events are off the hook. I think the #'s are down from last years lol .But I would say MI takes pride in their youth riders and has alot that keeps the kids interested in the sport. Dont see as much here in OH

Baja is kinda like the BC of Michigan racing...very popular with big turnouts! The track has been running races since the beginning of time! It's also ultra sandy and gets way whooped out!

Broc Peterson who won the 2stroke class and got a 3rd in the A class at BC's BFO race last week...won the 250A class at the Baja Bash.

I talked to peterson at malvern after his 1st 250A moto and he said he is nowhere near at the level that mcdade and roman are at hard pack. He can't get through turns at all. But you put him in sand and that's all changed. He's right back up there.

Todd Krieg was second in Pro Am. See Gavin Gracyk's name in the mix in Pro Am, Open A and 25+. Wish I would have went but couldn't miss the Lites class at Steel City

I talked to peterson at malvern after his 1st 250A moto and he said he is nowhere near at the level that mcdade and roman are at hard pack. He can't get through turns at all. But you put him in sand and that's all changed. He's right back up there.

Yep, his track at his house up by Toledo is a sand track.

Wow, really light Vet gates....looks like a good decision going to Area51 for the Can/Am event.

We have been there the past two years Awesome race and tons of stuff going on after racing Golf cart races goon riding contests pond jumping... Its a gotta go to race and just to have fun! We had riders in our classes from as far away as southern georgia. And the owner Pat is one of the coolest promoters you'll ever meet. If you are thinking about going next year GO!

We have been there the past two years Awesome race and tons of stuff going on after racing Golf cart races goon riding contests pond jumping... Its a gotta go to race and just to have fun! We had riders in our classes from as far away as southern georgia. And the owner Pat is one of the coolest promoters you'll ever meet. If you are thinking about going next year GO!

They dont use transponders either lol had to throw that in there. We are getting ready for the Bash.

Baja is very well run and super organizer it ranks up there with the best of them! The monster mash should be good too!

I have been following this event for the last three years, ever since Joe evener pointed it out to me. They have allot of good ideas. It seems like their hard wrok is paying off. Hmmmm, they used transponders. And it seems like they're smart guys too.

I have been following this event for the last three years, ever since Joe evener pointed it out to me. They have allot of good ideas. It seems like their hard wrok is paying off. Hmmmm, they used transponders. And it seems like they're smart guys too.

This was the 1st year ever using transponders they ran this event along time with out them also. You should come up for the Bash its almost as big as the Brawl you could get alot of cool ideas im sure.

I used to have to crank the windows up in my cars by hand too. And get up and walk to the TV to change the channel. Heck, I even used to be able to find a track without putting the coordinates into a GPS or googling the address.

Just because things were done a certain way for a long time doesn't mean there is not a better way with new technology, like transponders. Skip the family dinner at KFC the week of Battle of Ohio next year and there's your transponder rental money.

Back