Des Nations

WOW!

s1600_IMG_2251.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out Pit. I had just looked at the CBS sportsnetwork schedule on the DTV guide this morning and they didn't have anything listed for the race.

I was going off this press release. But heck, I even messed that up as the press release says 6:00pm est...NOT 6:30 as I had posted!

2012 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations to Air same-day in USA and Canada on CBS Sports Network

FUNCHAL (Portugal), 26 September 2012 - Youthstream is extremely pleased to announce that the 2012 MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations will enjoy ‘same-day’ coverage in the United States of America and Canada on CBS Sports Network in HDTV.

The event will be held in Lommel, Belgium, on Sunday, September 30, 2012, and broadcast the same day to millions in a prime sport time programming slot scheduled at 6PM EST/3PST.

CBS Sports Network is the 24-hour destination of CBS Sports, available to 99 million homes nationwide in the USA.
CBS Sports Network’s premiere broadcast of the MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations, will elevate the event to TV center-stage in US and Canada providing an exposure like never before. US and Canadian fans will experience a 90-minute program, exclusively dedicated to showcasing the 66th annual version of the nations-against-nations competition. As always, all eyes will be on Team USA, winner of the last seven FIM Motocross of Nations events.
CBS Sports Network will re-air the MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations - frequently called “the Olympics of Motocross” - multiple times throughout the next year along with a 30-minute Special Report show. These multiple airings will ensure that no North American fans will miss on mainstream television the most prestigious, historical and talent-packed professional motocross race in the world.

Featuring motocross in its most beautiful and brutal form – making it one of the most strenuous sports on Earth - the MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations will commence in the deep, intimidating and high speed sand of the storied Lommel race track in Belgium. The mainstream TV American and Canadian audience will be able to experience the highly anticipated battle between all-time win record holder Team USA, composed of Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey, MONSTER ENERGY/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Blake Baggett and debuting Geico Honda’s Justin Barcia, competing against the very best riders from all the great motocross nations of the world. Also racing in Belgium will be six-time MX1 FIM World Champion Antonio Cairoli, from Italy; 2012 MX2 FIM World Champion Jeffrey Herlings, from Holland; and 2011 FIM World Champion Ken Roczen, from Germany. All three of these riders will race on factory Red Bull KTM motorcycles. Also competing will be 2012 MX1 FIM World Championship runner-up Clement Desalle, from Belgium on a Rockstar Suzuki; 2012 MX2 FIM World Championship runner-up Tommy Searle, from Great Britain on a Floride/MONSTER ENERGY/Pro Circuit Kawasaki; and MONSTER ENERGY’s Gautier Paulin from France, on a Factory Kawasaki.

Since 1981, the MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations has become the global battle for supremacy between the dominant Team USA taking on over 30 nations from around the world. For its 66th edition, the MONSTER ENERGY FIM Motocross of Nations will return to Lommel, where in 1981, a very young and talented American team consisting of Chuck Sun, Johnny O’Mara, Danny LaPorte and Donnie Hansen, stunned the world by winning this phenomenal event for the very first time.

Hmmm...who knows what the frick is happening with the schedule! The show is supposed to be 90 minutes and if you look at the online schedule Pit just posted, the 10:00 airing is only 30 minutes long as it shows bull riding is on at 10:30! WTF?

If you look at the 1:30am airing, that one is 90 minutes long.

Guess I'll play it safe and check out what they actually end up airing at 6pm, 10pm and 1:30am.

I hope herrlings gets caught and beat by bagget in the last lap. That he can shut his fat "I'm so great king of the sand" mouth.

Guess he lapped all the way to third place in some wickedly deep sand track.

Carioli and Herlings the real deal for sure....would love to see them race 1-2 nationals...Carioli smoking everyone on the 350 is amazing...I believe he's the only one I know winning on the 350 consistently...

Back