Des Nations

That track looks like it sucks. Might as well call it a beach race.......What is the facination with Sand in Moto? Did you check out the paddle tires on the bikes in the photos?

Heirlings is a beast in the sand no doubt. As long as he can dominantly win in the sand I have no problem referring to him as the world's greatest sand rider and I could care less if he calls himself that as well. We all knew Cairoli would be a force in the sand as well so no surprise there. I definitely think Barcia was the weak link for the team and Alessi is probably smirking laying in bed tonight. Seeing as how the USA has no tracks (that I'm aware) relatively similar to those racing conditions it's no surprise we had an uphill battle. Let them have their few years of glory (Europe, next year is another sand track) and when racing returns to non-beach conditions the USA will shut up all critics once again.

Heirlings is a beast in the sand no doubt. As long as he can dominantly win in the sand I have no problem referring to him as the world's greatest sand rider and I could care less if he calls himself that as well. We all knew Cairoli would be a force in the sand as well so no surprise there. I definitely think Barcia was the weak link for the team and Alessi is probably smirking laying in bed tonight. Seeing as how the USA has no tracks (that I'm aware) relatively similar to those racing conditions it's no surprise we had an uphill battle. Let them have their few years of glory (Europe, next year is another sand track) and when racing returns to non-beach conditions the USA will shut up all critics once again.

Is there a reason you feel Barcia was the weak link? Even with Barcia's front wheel issue causing him to drop back from 3rd to 14th in his one moto, his results were better than his two team mates. To me, he looked like the only one on our team who was doing some battling with riders towards the front of the pack.

Is there a reason you feel Barcia was the weak link? Even with Barcia's front wheel issue causing him to drop back from 3rd to 14th in his one moto, his results were better than his two team mates. To me, he looked like the only one on our team who was doing some battling with riders towards the front of the pack.

I don't have much material to go off of. I didn't watch the race, only looked at results a few highlight videos. I'm basing it off of his mishap which he got tangled in the signs and eventually DQ'd for the moto and also, albeit not his fault, his front brake lock issue. He's a strong sand rider for sure but in angst I'm not sure he always makes the best decisions (regarding the track reintering).

Barcia was our strongest rider of the event this year and he's known as a good sand rider here. Racing incident caused his crash and subsequent front brake failure later on in the moto when he was running 3rd.

Carioli lives and trains at that very track for the entire MX season, so he's got the place as wired as anyone possibly could. Herlings was also racing a KTM 350 in this event (usually rides the 250F in Europe) but it's interesting to note that ALL 3 motos were won by a KTM 350 where you think you'd want the most power possible in the DEEP DEEP Sand. With the right pilot (a smaller build guy that can't handle a 450 for long moto which I think Baggett might be that type of guy), a KTM 350 is a more than capable machine...... and if the 2012 MX of Nations doesn't prove that to all the naysayers........ nothing will.

Carioli and Herlings were on another completely different level than everyone else there much like James Stewart and Dungey were on another level for the first 5 motos of the Nationals. The sand is another type of riding altogether, and if you have that skill, you have that skill. Those 2 riders have that skill.

Great racing and fun to see, wish we had better results, but luck can't always go your way.

WE GOT BEAT. Pictures later. No excuses. It was a motocross track and it was a brutal one. On this day, Germany and Belgium were better and more consistent. Don,t discount the Euro's accomplishments, Herlings and Cairoli are beasts. How MANY countries would LOVE to be simply on the podium? We sent the right guys. Others were better this day, it happens. I'm in Amsterdam, home Wednesday night, train to London in morn.

I don't have much material to go off of. I didn't watch the race, only looked at results a few highlight videos. I'm basing it off of his mishap which he got tangled in the signs and eventually DQ'd for the moto and also, albeit not his fault, his front brake lock issue. He's a strong sand rider for sure but in angst I'm not sure he always makes the best decisions (regarding the track reintering).
that DQ was for the qualifying moto on saturday. which didnt mean anything really because they can drop a score. if that was an AMA event, he would not have been DQd. they do things quite different in the FIM.

i think we sent the best team possible. no way will i be pointing fingers at any of the riders. they did their best with very little preperation.
Roczen beating Bagget straight up twice shows you what growing up over there on that stuff can do for you. Bring Carolli or Herlings to Millville against Dungey. it would be completely opposite of what happened in lommel.
USA will be back strong and again be the favorites to win next year in Germany.

incase you guys werent aware of why the wheel locked up.
ez6b8.png

We didnt have the best of luck this year but the other countries rode awesome and beat us.. hoping next year to see villopoto and js7 stay healthy and go :)

38224_podium_mxon_2012_ra48175a.jpg

Dungey trying to keep it classy but you can tell the loss is buggin' him. Barcia is just like: "Man what a wash and a terrible season." Baggett: "Hey justin don't let the flag touch the ground man."

Pretty cool to be able to watch it on TV this year. How about Herlings and Cariolli in the sand? Jeez they were hauling.

Back