Bc 9-29 & 9-30

Will be at BC tomorrow with the family. Not possible for me to be out today. Bummer cause its sounds perfect. BC planning on being open tomorrow even with a 30% chance of rain? A little rain never hurt anyone !!

Can"t make today either, this soccer thing is killing me. Planning on tomorrow, hope we get lucky with the weather.

Will be at BC tomorrow with the family. Not possible for me to be out today. Bummer cause its sounds perfect. BC planning on being open tomorrow even with a 30% chance of rain? A little rain never hurt anyone !!

Looking at that all wrong. There's a 70% chance it won't rain...right? ;)

"Any changes to the strider bike track (aka rc track?) The kids want to come down again and sunday at western reserve looks like a rain out. "

Hey Dave I was thinking of coming out to watch and bringing my little one to ride her Strider as well. She had a blast down there last weekend. That would be great if she had someone(s) to ride with!!

Down to a 20% chance from 1pm-3pm. New uphill roller section installed. Today was good, expecting the same tomorrow.

I rode it today. Beautiful place. Really cool dirt. It looked dry at first glance but the ruts were still soft.
The ruts were everywhere and really help you focus on momentum. Cool.
The big track is going to take me several more trips to learn it, so that I can clear everything- its built really well with a good layout but will take more than one ride to learn the jumps as well as the lines, so I do not get landed on while learning & memorizing the track. I see the signs that say "Be courteous to slower riders" and "No passing on the jumps" but I guarantee I was the only one on the big track that even saw that sign or else all of those "A" riders can't read. Great place and no wonder everyone gives it such high praise. I would like to ride there when there are fewer riders on it, so I can get my $hit together out there before the
freeway traffic" falls out of the sky and causes sadness. Did you ever run "class practices" or do we just have to rent the track to learn it without getting in everyone's way? It's sweet and the C track is plenty tame but you can get some good "rut" practice in there too.

"Any changes to the strider bike track (aka rc track?) The kids want to come down again and sunday at western reserve looks like a rain out. "

Hey Dave I was thinking of coming out to watch and bringing my little one to ride her Strider as well. She had a blast down there last weekend. That would be great if she had someone(s) to ride with!!

Sorry no can do..... wish I could but I have other obligations for Sunday. The kids would have loved it!!!!

I rode it today. Beautiful place. Really cool dirt. It looked dry at first glance but the ruts were still soft.
The ruts were everywhere and really help you focus on momentum. Cool.
The big track is going to take me several more trips to learn it, so that I can clear everything- its built really well with a good layout but will take more than one ride to learn the jumps as well as the lines, so I do not get landed on while learning & memorizing the track. I see the signs that say "Be courteous to slower riders" and "No passing on the jumps" but I guarantee I was the only one on the big track that even saw that sign or else all of those "A" riders can't read. Great place and no wonder everyone gives it such high praise. I would like to ride there when there are fewer riders on it, so I can get my $hit together out there before the
freeway traffic" falls out of the sky and causes sadness. Did you ever run "class practices" or do we just have to rent the track to learn it without getting in everyone's way? It's sweet and the C track is plenty tame but you can get some good "rut" practice in there too.

Thanks for stopping out Paul. The sad part is that yesterday was light. Usually we have may more fast guys on the big track. Imagine 20 more on the big track, and then throw in Gibson and Rife. We dont usually do rentals, nobody is willing to pay what the track is worth. The best thing to do is to get there at 11:00, and get on it early. It doesnt really get high traffic till noon.

What a super day! Got a little dry by mid afternoon, but that early session from 11-1pm was freakin awesome. I can barely type this, Im dead tired, first ride since late July. Thanks everyone for supporting the Cliff!

Epic Cliff tomorrow. Thursday rain, Mack is parked, all tracks chiseled, disced, and dozered. Its gonna be one of those days you cant replicate with water trucks, the kind of day that comes around 2-3 times a year. 7 hours in the tractor, 3 on the dozer. I spent all my time getting it zero'd in.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to be the first to cut lines into BC’s freshly prepped and shaped track.

After getting held up a bit in mt Vernon I got there a little after 10 to find maybe 5-8 other guys already there. Typically I’m the mindset to take my time, let the track work in a bit and then head out but time was of the essence so I threw my gear on as fast as I could and headed out.

The next dozen or so laps I made were some of the most enjoyable I’ve had in a long, long time. If you ever get the chance to blitz BC on a fresh track…..TAKE IT.

It was like riding on a ½ inch mattress that had a layer of fly paper on top. The surface was extraordinary with no overly wet spots or giant clumps. The obstacles all shaped perfectly. Being totally smooth and bump free, the bike felt glued down as I was able to carve an inside line one lap and sweep it wide on the next. It was a thrilling rush to grab handfuls of throttle with reckless abandon and tear through the fresh till.
I burned out quickly….but what a thrill ride it was.

Big fun!!! Big thanks for all the hrs. behind the equipment.
Next time you call it’s EPIC ….I’m leaving home extra early.

Not only was there no rain Sun even though it said slightly possible, it was the most perfect day. Some sun. Cool breeze. Good temperature. Good track conditions. Thanks for making it a great day for me and my family BC !!

On Saturday I had the opportunity to be the first to cut lines into BC’s freshly prepped and shaped track.

After getting held up a bit in mt Vernon I got there a little after 10 to find maybe 5-8 other guys already there. Typically I’m the mindset to take my time, let the track work in a bit and then head out but time was of the essence so I threw my gear on as fast as I could and headed out.

The next dozen or so laps I made were some of the most enjoyable I’ve had in a long, long time. If you ever get the chance to blitz BC on a fresh track…..TAKE IT.

It was like riding on a ½ inch mattress that had a layer of fly paper on top. The surface was extraordinary with no overly wet spots or giant clumps. The obstacles all shaped perfectly. Being totally smooth and bump free, the bike felt glued down as I was able to carve an inside line one lap and sweep it wide on the next. It was a thrilling rush to grab handfuls of throttle with reckless abandon and tear through the fresh till.
I burned out quickly….but what a thrill ride it was.

Big fun!!! Big thanks for all the hrs. behind the equipment.
Next time you call it’s EPIC ….I’m leaving home extra early.

This is why i do it......

Nailed it Sharc. I always try to get there early for that exact reason, nothing like it.

Back