Who Wants A Ohio Pit Bike Series?

skooter94

PR Member
We need to get a series here in Ohio. The East Coat has the 2up and Master of Minis. Out West they have the Sho Me Series. Briarcliff's series has been a blast these last 2 years. Ohio has some great tracks that are fun on a pit bike. Pirhana/Wholesale Cycle said if one would come to they would help sponsor it. I don't know how to get the tracks envoled or really anything about getting a series together. Who has ideas? Come on everyone lets get this ball rolling to get something in place for next year.

We need to get a series here in Ohio. The East Coat has the 2up and Master of Minis. Out West they have the Sho Me Series. Briarcliff's series has been a blast these last 2 years. Ohio has some great tracks that are fun on a pit bike. Pirhana/Wholesale Cycle said if one would come to they would help sponsor it. I don't know how to get the tracks envoled or really anything about getting a series together. Who has ideas? Come on everyone lets get this ball rolling to get something in place for next year.

Have Justin H. email me> josborn@briarcliffmx.com We talked briefly about Wholesale Cycle getting involved with us this past year. I may have a trick up my sleeve.

shouldnt be to hard to do you just need to find the tracks to do it and the people to show up. Theres alot of people that ride pitbikes out this way but most are stock bikes that you see at the faircross races. Im sure alot of people would travel from the MoM or 2up down here if they noticed we had something good going. I would also recommend not doing it during winter because of the hassle for people to travel in the snow or what not , it would be awesome to have it at summit indoors b4 and after there main races. Summit has always been the big hit for pitbikes every year.

shouldnt be to hard to do you just need to find the tracks to do it and the people to show up. Theres alot of people that ride pitbikes out this way but most are stock bikes that you see at the faircross races. Im sure alot of people would travel from the MoM or 2up down here if they noticed we had something good going. I would also recommend not doing it during winter because of the hassle for people to travel in the snow or what not , it would be awesome to have it at summit indoors b4 and after there main races. Summit has always been the big hit for pitbikes every year.
Yes I was thinking of a outdoor series next year. It would be great to have as good as series as MoM or 2up. We need to get some tracks on board.

I'll be honest, I have fun racing pit bikes, but I would never do solely that. As a sideshow of a big race, I enjoy it.

I'll be honest, I have fun racing pit bikes, but I would never do solely that. As a sideshow of a big race, I enjoy it.
I know there are alot of riders like that. I only have a pit bike (wife). I wouldn't have a problem having them with a big bike race to get it going. Whatever would get the riders and support.

I'll be honest pitbikes are dead from a racing stand point. Yeah there cool in the backyard or whatever but theres not even a quarter of the turnout there was 10 years ago.

I know there are alot of riders like that. I only have a pit bike (wife). I wouldn't have a problem having them with a big bike race to get it going. Whatever would get the riders and support.

Just buy a big bike. She will get used to it. Told my woman she's gonna have to learn to like this sport.

You guys know I'd be in... haha! Now-- I've been in the scene since 2002. I fondly remember the glory days of 2005-2007. Those days were basically a fad. The days of having 60 riders turn out at 10 events isn't going to happen anymore. I DO think that it WOULD be a possibility to have a local series, but under certain circumstances. I will share a few ideas w/o writing a book. If anybody wants to discuss it further-- I'm available by PM or telly. I went through the TV land, Quaker Lube, and Ram Jam races-- so I have some ideas as to what I think would work, what wouldn't, and why.

IMO-- every local series we've had, has had too many individual events. EG; 10-12 TV Land events, 6 QSL events, a Ram Jam winter series with 6 events, plus Malvern, and the Fair races. I'm a pit-aholic, and I can't afford the travel and race related expenses to race all those events!

The RULES! Part of the past problems had to do with the rules of the classes- and the lack thereof or them being enforced. I personally don't care if I'm racing for first or last place-- I just love ridin'. Problem is that quite a few racers take the racing more seriously I've learned. We have to have some uniform rules for the classes, and enforce them.

With every manufacturer but Suzuki putting out a 110 now, and the hugely popular BIG trail bikes-- there should be truly stock Stock Classes for them. Gotta focus on keeping the bikes equal and the racing cheap in any class but the "Open" or "Full Mod" classes. Run the cheapos that are in the classifieds for $600-$1200. I think the expensive bikes stank up the racing last time around. The BC races are fun b/c they aren't really serious. Make the races half party/half racing.

Instead of having a bunch of races at each venue-- just have say... one round at Malvern, one at TV Land, one at QSL, OIR has a track-- there's a round, we had a ball at the Creekside spot in Ravenna-- there's a round. Make it a six round total series-- with different tracks for each race. I'd have the pit bike races in conjunction with the big bike races as sort of a side show, like what Pit mentioned. I'd rather race six big, fun events than 12 duds.

That's my dollars worth of advice-- I'd love to see it happen, and I KNOW BBR would want to be involved by offering gift certificates as prizes. The smart thing to do would be to get classes and rules set in stone first. Then get off and running from there. --L*64

You guys know I'd be in... haha! Now-- I've been in the scene since 2002. I fondly remember the glory days of 2005-2007. Those days were basically a fad. The days of having 60 riders turn out at 10 events isn't going to happen anymore. I DO think that it WOULD be a possibility to have a local series, but under certain circumstances. I will share a few ideas w/o writing a book. If anybody wants to discuss it further-- I'm available by PM or telly. I went through the TV land, Quaker Lube, and Ram Jam races-- so I have some ideas as to what I think would work, what wouldn't, and why.

IMO-- every local series we've had, has had too many individual events. EG; 10-12 TV Land events, 6 QSL events, a Ram Jam winter series with 6 events, plus Malvern, and the Fair races. I'm a pit-aholic, and I can't afford the travel and race related expenses to race all those events!

The RULES! Part of the past problems had to do with the rules of the classes- and the lack thereof or them being enforced. I personally don't care if I'm racing for first or last place-- I just love ridin'. Problem is that quite a few racers take the racing more seriously I've learned. We have to have some uniform rules for the classes, and enforce them.

With every manufacturer but Suzuki putting out a 110 now, and the hugely popular BIG trail bikes-- there should be truly stock Stock Classes for them. Gotta focus on keeping the bikes equal and the racing cheap in any class but the "Open" or "Full Mod" classes. Run the cheapos that are in the classifieds for $600-$1200. I think the expensive bikes stank up the racing last time around. The BC races are fun b/c they aren't really serious. Make the races half party/half racing.

Instead of having a bunch of races at each venue-- just have say... one round at Malvern, one at TV Land, one at QSL, OIR has a track-- there's a round, we had a ball at the Creekside spot in Ravenna-- there's a round. Make it a six round total series-- with different tracks for each race. I'd have the pit bike races in conjunction with the big bike races as sort of a side show, like what Pit mentioned. I'd rather race six big, fun events than 12 duds.

That's my dollars worth of advice-- I'd love to see it happen, and I KNOW BBR would want to be involved by offering gift certificates as prizes. The smart thing to do would be to get classes and rules set in stone first. Then get off and running from there. --L*64

I agree about the dud comment. I can't afford to drive all over either. There are some great tracks in southern ohio too. The supercross track at Fast Traxx is such a blast to ride. You can easily do half the junps on a pit bike, depending on the size maybe more.

I'll agree with the fad. I was on the 2005-2007 Fad bandwagon. Seemed like everyone was! As time went on there really just was the realization that nothing can replace the big bike......

I'll agree with the fad. I was on the 2005-2007 Fad bandwagon. Seemed like everyone was! As time went on there really just was the realization that nothing can replace the big bike......

For people who own both...it's variety and something else to have fun with.

Back