What ever happened to spring valley???

Lo312gan

PR Member
Sounds like Im not alone, it sure would be sick for SV to open back up even if only for practices, maybe they could hunt six days a week and give us one day of riding lol.

D

DTS

I live a few miles away from Spring Valley and this past summer I was out for a ride on the Harley so I came back by the track so I rode back the lane(the chain was down) and there was no one around.

I'd love to see some photos of it now

TPMX #8

PR Addict
Would be sweet
I need to get up to the Cliff and check it out.
Too many hours at work not much left for riding though

MXracn746

PR Addict
I raced the first year they raced there. It had something to do with Malverne being shutdown for a season or two for land issues or something like that, and they had to go somewhere else. I might be mistaken, but that's what I remember back in '87, I believe it was. I still have a VCR tape of racing there. And yes, I still have a VCR!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
02crvrear.jpg

This is a VCR Oh......wait....maybe not!.....

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
I raced the first year they raced there. It had something to do with Malverne being shutdown for a season or two for land issues or something like that, and they had to go somewhere else. I might be mistaken, but that's what I remember back in '87, I believe it was. I still have a VCR tape of racing there. And yes, I still have a VCR!

You are correct. Malvern used to be called "Motosport Trails" and around the time you stated they closed for a few years and moved to what we know as Spring Valley.

After reading through this forum, it kind sparked my interest about spring valley. I grew up racing there and was always one of my favorite tracks. I ended up finding the over view picture of the land that the track lays on (in the picture). The track is still there but defiantly grown up. All the main roads leading to the track are defiantly being used since they are still worn down to the dirt. Just thought it was kind interesting to see the view from above now.
Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 11.37.18 AM.jpg

jrminiquad

PR Addict
This was our "home" track, we live about 15 minutes away. Used go there a lot when my girls raced quads back in '99 - '01. Loved the fact that they had the pee wee track. We used to have both of their moto's done, trophies picked up, and truck loaded before the first set of moto's at the big track were ever done.

Took my son out there for open practice about this time in '06. I think races had already stopped by then, and they just had open practices once in a while. Would love to have it open again as now my son is occasionally racing.

TPMX #8

PR Addict
I remember when Malvern was motosport trails
I still have one of the round white stickers from back then
I will take a picture of it and post it later