D11 50+ class up for proposal

HELL NO! WAY too many classes now, and you would only have one or two guys 50+ at a race.

AMS tried a 50+ MX class several years ago. Four of us showed for one race and think that was the largest turnout they had.

I wonder if you had a one-off Ohio VET NATIONAL (think Glen Helen), promoted to draw vet racers from surrounding states if it just might be a Hum Dinger. And maybe add some class's for bomber and Evo era bikes for fun and old school nostalgic sake.

I realize that Mid-Ohio Vintage Days sort of does this, but just seeing how many raced Briarcliff in the regular Vet and Vet-sport class's, you know they still like to get out and mix it up on modern "real" tracks.

Would you guys say there are many 50+, 60+ and older that still have the itch?

And maybe do a 2 day event, first day being a GP or CC.

I've thought about how an OTHG would do here. Don't know if there is enough interest. I know a lot of guys simply don't race as there are a few who, even at 50 or 55 can still fly and the slower ones just say the heck with it. OTHG doesn't want to deal with Ohio as we are too far east, but I feel something like that would work in some way here.

Denny Swartz
Ronald Downen
David Bowman
Randy C. Baumann
Michael Gilleran
Jeff Patel Sr
Gary Behrens
James A. White
Frank Dunn
Tim Boblin
Harold E. Gooch
Steve Medcalf
Brian P. Fernsemer
Steve Henry
Randy Frye
Lynn D. Meyer
Mark Thompson
Jack K. Curtis
John Fedor
Mark Mancini
Jerry Barber
Rick Hopkins
James Quinn
Mark K. Rubenstein
Brad F. Zimmer
Jim B. Binder
Steven W. Yoder
Mike Horne
Nick Lazzaretto
Dave Antolak
Tim S. Graves
Gary Peak
Brian P. Fernsemer
Harold E. Gooch
Lynn D. Meyer
Kurt Schlagheck
Jerry Bumgardner
Dave Antolak
Charles D. Koch
Jerry Barber
Mike Dean
Bart Kellogg
Mark Thompson
Donald R. Hachmeister
Edgar Perriton
Gary Peak
Tim S. Graves
Bob R. Lewis
Skip Ewart
Edgar Perriton
William Stephenson
Tom Ballinger
Robert L. Ackerman
Bart Kellogg
Donald R. Hachmeister
Jim Adent
Wm L. Terry

<tbody>
</tbody>
These 58 guys (all over the age of 50) Raced in the rain at Vet Fest. .....and none of them are getting any younger.
I'm not the list because I was still 49....so I was in +40 and +45....

I raced against 14 50 plus riders at clearfork harescramble this summer.. there are more 50plus riders out there than you think. I would have raced briarcliff if they had 50 plus. but really I had no bussiness racing 40 support with the Jon Agins of the world coming around doing triples when I would not have doing them.. svr has a 50 plus class every race

ver
HELL NO! WAY too many classes now, and you would only have one or two guys 50+ at a race.
BULL SHIX. We had 11 50+ riders at High Fly. They were fast. I went 3 and 3 for a 3rd over all.
10 in 30+B 16 in 40+ and 11 in 50+

These 58 guys (all over the age of 50) Raced in the rain at Vet Fest. .....and none of them are getting any younger.
I'm not the list because I was still 49....so I was in +40 and +45....

Might want to check that list Sharc. Looks like some of those old racers raced more than once.

We've had plenty of 50+ guys show at the GP's so far this year but they have yet to all show at the same race. Sure would be cool if they did...

Back