D11 50+ class up for proposal

I grabbed the results list for Vet Fest 2009.
The turn out was average considering the forecast. That year, even though the weather looked promising, we still got dumped on.
The names on the list are the guys that stuck it out and raced in +50, +55 and +60. If they rode two classes…..so be it.
They were all over the age of 50 already in 2009.

Back results for the Racer-X Senior series can be found here: http://www.mxvets.com

I just grabbed these numbers from Lorretta Lynns.

Vet Race entries: (of course some of these entries may be same rider,different class )

Vet B/C 30+...................42
Vet 35+........................40
Senior 40+.....................38
Senior 45+.....................30
Masters 50+...................21

I wonder how many were A or pro riders at one time? The only ones I recognised were Reynard, Semics and Dubach.

If this were promoted as an Eastern US Vet National of sorts do you think they could draw enough to make it worth while for a track and promoter?

I've not seen that mxvets website before......pretty cool!
So is the RedBud event really considered kind of the east coast Vet national?

Plus you got the vet event at High Point also right?

I just grabbed these numbers from Lorretta Lynns.

Vet Race entries: (of course some of these entries may be same rider,different class )

Vet B/C 30+...................42
Vet 35+........................40
Senior 40+.....................fluffed
Senior 45+.....................30
Masters 50+...................21

I wonder how many were A or pro riders at one time? The only ones I recognised were Reynard, Semics and Dubach.

If this were promoted as an Eastern US Vet National of sorts do you think they could draw enough to make it worth while for a track and promoter?

I've not seen that mxvets website before......pretty cool!
So is the RedBud event really considered kind of the east coast Vet national?

Plus you got the vet event at High Point also right?

Twenty years ago there was The Masters of Motocross Championship. It was an east coast vet event with qualifiers and a final at Muddy Creek. Our local qualifier was at Honda Hills. I got to go in '92 and enjoyed the experience but I believe the series only ran one more year.

Is it just me? Seems the "experts" on racing, that have the most to say, really dont race.

I was bumped to expert for a day in the 50+ class at an AHRMA race this year. And I've signed up in the 50+ class maybe ten times this year so far. Is that good enough? :rolleyes:

Don't think D is talking about this thread.......
See there are some + 50 racers. Tom just did a big race with a good turnout too..

At svr we always run 50+ and actually added a 60+ this year. I'm hoping the turnout improves for the 60+ next year but I believe that alot of the guys racing 50 and 60 plus are the reason we have places to ride today. That deserves your own class in my opinion.

I was bumped to expert for a day in the 50+ class at an AHRMA race this year. And I've signed up in the 50+ class maybe ten times this year so far. Is that good enough? :rolleyes:

No!!!!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH! (expressed with a slight smile on my face)

You skipped vintage Days, with some safe Daughter Birthday excuse or something like that. Mooch had to battle all of those 50+ out of towners by himself.

It's you seasoned Oaks that prestigiously show us pups how it's done, and to greet the visitors with battles and stories to smile all the way home on.

I'm still not over it.:(

Right on Tank, you hit the proverbial nail on the head!
Just bought a bike and I will surely be looking for the tracks who ACK 50+ guys. Thx Tim

At svr we always run 50+ and actually added a 60+ this year. I'm hoping the turnout improves for the 60+ next year but I believe that alot of the guys racing 50 and 60 plus are the reason we have places to ride today. That deserves your own class in my opinion.

Oh thank you! Now, in 10 years when I turn 60, I know I'll have something to look forward to! Right now I'll ride with the young guns in the 50+ class.

Back