The new #4

If someone deserves to have #4, it is Baggett. He trains and rides hard and is hard nose like the GOAT. People will get over it, just like when RV took #2 from McGrath.

Dude gets lapped at the MXdN and picks #4. Not really a fan of his anyway, but that seems a bit disrespectful. Nobody deserves to use #4.

I think the whole damn career number thing sucks! Screw that! You should only have #3 if you earned #3 for that year, the same with any top 100 number. Just IMO

Dude gets lapped at the MXdN and picks #4. Not really a fan of his anyway, but that seems a bit disrespectful. Nobody deserves to use #4.

Seriously? Come one man.......I know a lot of great riders have ridden with the different numbers, but at the end of the day, it is just a number. You guys are way over thinking it. Wether it be Hannah (#100), McGrath (#2) or the GOAT (#4), at the end of the day they are remembered for their acccomplishments, not the number. It is not that big of a deal.

Auh, it used to be. And you know that John. You remember the days when a top 100 number meant something, especially the top 10. The number meant something! Bring back the old numbering system. Congrats to Blake anyhow. I think he's getting better and will be a force on the 450 in the near future.

I kind of agree with freeh, they should have retired the Goats number. Until someone, maybe Dungey, maybe not, can best him on champioships and wins, they shouldnt retire anymore numbers. But Ricky did some very amazing things, quite a few times.

SERIOUSLY???? Geez guys give it up.

McGrath is soooooo far ahead of Carmicheal in supercross it isnt funny but no one is complaining about Villopoto.

John's right. Its just a number. Dont retire anything, like it was said above he will be remembered for his accomplishments. Let the riders who earn the right to pick ( or earn if they ever go back to that system) the number they want have it.

Im not a fan of Bagget, but per the rules, he can get a single digit number. What makes #4 any better than the rest of the single digits? just because RC had it? theres been plenty of greats that not only have had #4, but all of the single digits. I blame the numbering system. Single digits should be reserved for 450 titles only. If Wilson and Canard would have taken single digits like they were allowed, there wouldnt be any left. Especially when Mike Brown can keep scoring 25 points a year to keep his number.
They are also counting sx lites points towards national numbers now. Not sure i agree with that either.
wait until we see #14 on a different bike in a few years. :( ill be way more bummed on that.

I wish the teams owned the numbers. Would make it alot easier for new fans. I hate that I have to learn whos who every year with the changing numbers.

BTW, Im a huge baggett fan too, Im not knocking him for wanting the #4, I just dont think it should be up for grabs.

i think he deserves it, because he did what it takes to earn it. its not his fault the ama has a terrible numbering system. take full advantage while you can. but i dont think he deserves it because noone winning only a lites title should get a single digit. that has nothing to do with the #4 or baggett alone. if that makes more sense than my last post. lol

Back