Malvern Sunday race this year???

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Considering moving my last Saturday night race this year to Sunday and have open practice on Saturday. This is our year end "thank you" hog roast. The race would obviously not be CRA sanctioned because there is already a race scheduled that day. I have had people asking me all year long for a Sunday race and thought this might be a good fit. What I would do would is be open for practice 12-5 on Saturday with free monster energy. Sunday would be a regular race with the hog roast at noon. Just a thought at this point. I will make a final decision by our race this Saturday night. Let me know what you think.

A Sunday race at Malvern? Weather permitting I'm in as I don't see well under the lights anymore hahaha.

Or I could do practice Friday, race Saturday (everyone can get their points), race Sunday. That would probably be best?

Thats alot of work Jason. Would people show up for that much riding to make it worth all your effort?

That would be awesome. Saturday practice and sunday race is the only way we come because its a haul from PA. We are def. in for that one. Thanks! I don't even care if it does snow I will come anyway. Suck it up Kel. LOL
For the people who truly travel and race every weekend I am sure with the weekend you have chosen you should get a good turnout, not alot of other races going on the same weekend.

Lorraine- I will ride in the snow if you ride in the snow :)

Jason, we would be up for the sat. practice, sun-race.- I got so excited when I read the first part I didn't even read the second part you posted.

I think the Friday practice Saturday and sunday race would be awesome for the end of the year "thank you". But like everyone said its a lot of work!!

that would be cool. its hard for me to see at night too. im not comfortable enough to practice under the lights much less try and race. just not worth cross rutting and gettin hurt because i cant see.

do a lot of you guys have trouble seeing there at night? are my eyes that bad or am i just a wuss? lol... i know a few sections i can see pretty well and am fine with, then a few are pretty dark.. but just overall in general i cant see good enough to make it worth the risk.

haha I will ride in the snow with my friends for sure! Question: I am confused with the whole friday or saturday practice. I think a saturday practice and sunday race makes sense. If you do a friday practice then people again who travel, school etc.. may not be able to come. We would come friday so we can camp but we couldnt miss school to travel. I was so excited.

I think I'm leaning toward practicing on Saturday until 4 or so, and then keeping the already scheduled race on Saturday night, so anyone chasing points doesn't miss out, and having the hog roast. Then we will have another race on Sunday that is non sanctioned. Make sense?

We like the Sat Prac and Sunday race too. I can't see well at night either but I am not the one racing.

Makes sense Jason, we will be there. what time will practice start on sat.?? maybe we can hook up with mxmom413 and camp Friday night :)

Stacy- I can't see well at night either. My husbnad always as struggled as well, he told me my time was coming and I think I have reached that point.

I am glad I am not the only one that can't see at night. After I hit 40 I can't see at night, my back hurts, arm pump city, what the heck. I am totally in for the camp out friday with our lotts friends :), prac. sat., race sunday (and we can cheer on any of the crazy sat. night racers...well at least until about 10 cause then we will probably be in bed haha). Sounds great!

I think I'm leaning toward practicing on Saturday until 4 or so, and then keeping the already scheduled race on Saturday night, so anyone chasing points doesn't miss out, and having the hog roast. Then we will have another race on Sunday that is non sanctioned. Make sense?

That sounds cool. In this scenario (or any scenario that weekend) will quads be allowd for the saturday practice?

Back