District 11

John250

PR Founding Father
From what I am hearing, District 11 may be finished. I heard a few tracks have decided not to renew joining the district. The district was not providing them anything, and had some internal issues. Guess JO needs to see if any of the D11 tracks might want to step up and join the OMA.

What makes you think that hasn't been addressed. We have looked a couple of the d-11 tracks. Unfortunately not many fit the criteria we are looking for. Time will tell.

It's all about the Faircross anyhow, isn't it? I think American Motosports could almost be their own district. Almost like what happened to D5 years ago with the Coombs isn't it?

John - we have looked at every track in D11 and CRA, and its all been discussed. We are very very close on a track announcement. I would say before next weekend.

Wonder what will happen here. District 11 starts new season in November, and begins collecting membership fees.

The only district event I've been going to is COCR, and curious where this will go?

It has been a long time coming. There have been alot of people try to make suggestions and changes to help the district but without any support from almost all of the promoters nothing ever happened. I was personally involved with the district last year as the motocross chairman and it was an eye opener. I was disappointed at the lack of interest most of the promoters had in the district. They were all doing their own little series here and there. When I tried to organize a meeting of all the MX promoters I got zero response on a couple different attempts. It is sad to see this happen. I have a ton of great memories from racing in D11 over the years and had hoped to help revive it a little for my son to be able to enjoy it as well. The bottom line is it all lives and dies with the promoters and without cooperation between them to build a good district/series it will never change. There are a few tracks in the district that are clubs and they seem to have the same issues. Newer members are not putting in the work and the clubs have reinvested very little over the years to replace/purchase equipment. They just don't seem to have the desire to run races like they used to.

I am anxiously awaiting more info on the OMA details. I am confident that the individuals involved have a good handle on what it takes as a promoter and facitlity to run a top notch program. It will be awesome to draw some of the surrounding states riders here to compete.

that comment right there regarding fair races are disrtict 11 races shows how far this sport has fallen from the 1980's that says it all.... while Fair races are ok, and are nice to do to get out during the week they shouldnt be the mainstay of ama motocoss in District 11, especially when that really isnt motocross to begin with!!!

grass-roots motocross has been all but eliminated and unless a good portion of tracks go back to what was, the sport will continue to be in shambles from lack of participation making a new district probalby wont fix the problem

we need to get the racing to trend towards racing back on the ground jumps are ok, they are part of the sport but just remember not all of us are pros and can practice enough to go race "supercross" type jumps which have made thier way on to outdoor type tracks. My dad predicted this would happen when the tracks started trending towards that type of racing in the early 90's. God rest his soul he sure looks to have been right to me

80% or more of guys that start racing start out slower and not as skilled, then get better as they go, you can count me as one of then riders. We need tracks to support these riders, then you get a good feeder system for better riders and turnouts to races would probably increase across the board then you have a track or 2 that is harder for the better rider to choose from to ride, like back in the day you had Kenworthy's for example you could race Honda Hills or Kenworthys in the same weekend
I have said it once I have said it 1000 times, when Honda Hillls went away, it wasnt replaced, and I think it is missed along with Muskingham Valley there are 2 tracks right there everyone could race on and have good racing

One can only hope that we can get this sport back on its feet !!! Unless the track types are addressed, it probably will be a futal effort. The AMA could help this by banning them "catipult" type jumps that are totally blind and could really hurt you if you jump and land on someone or crash you cant see over or past them

fair tracks have one of these jumps in every race, I myself crashed in the Ross Co fair in 2011 on one of these type jumps and I was lucky to limp away hospital bills are big bucks and the sport is dangerous enough we should make the tracks a little less risky across the board let risk would hopefully attract more riders

I have suggested a "Briarcliff" type big table for a finish line jump at a fair race ILO of a catipult type jump that was there The AMA ref at the fair races said "if you dont like it, dont jump it" instead of we will take that suggestion under consideration in an effort to try to have safer racing, it was a "take or or leave it type answer" there is too much Evil Knevil stuff in our sport for its own good we can all ether speak up, or not say anything and let the sport go down the drain.

Also a big thanks to Briaracliff for having a nice "c" rider track to start out on, they should find a way to have a starting gate on that, even if all he can do is dig a trench to put your front wheel in and go from a drop of the card and race it would be a fun safer track to race on -kind of "old school" for the newbies we need in the sport

By the way I do ride on the A/B track at Briarcliff too, just not good enough to race with any compettiveness

someone go buy honds hills, get a dozer get the track fixed up close to what it was I am sure it would be a big help getting this sport going here, maybe I ill try to win the lotto and go buy that place!! lol

just my .02 cents

-VETRIDER 801 on and off riding since 1982

In 2007 our gate was where the kids track is now, and we did starts for the c track and big track. It was far too cumbersome for us to do it that way at that time, plus the finishline was after where they connected from the start. Im fairly sure we could add another gate in there somewhere for the c track, put up some lights and add about 1/4 mile of track, and voila night motos at the Cliff. I didnt say that though.

someone go buy honds hills, get a dozer get the track fixed up close to what it was I am sure it would be a big help getting this sport going here, maybe I ill try to win the lotto and go buy that place!! lol

I caught my wife trying to talk me into this whispering softly and subliminally to my ear while I slept. She absolutely loved HH, and still likes to drive by for memory sake.

The Briarcliff "Sport" track is amazing for the little bit of land and the relative lack of rolling terrain that it's cut into.

I've got some photos of BC with the gate serving both tracks.

I was fortunate enough to ride Honda Hills in the 1980's When Dick Klamfoth had it (he and my dad were friends from the days of racing on the beach at Daytona

I learned there on a DS-100 Suzuki there in all my riding memories back in the day I had a ball there riding ANYTHING from a ds-100 to a cr-500 and you know I never think I ever saw a life-flight chopper ride from that track that I can remember :) Those were the days!!! I was there one day when a guy took a harley Chopper out on the track, needless to say he didnt stay upright long, Dick had to go get his bike with a tractor LOL

you know I never think I ever saw a life-flight chopper ride from that track that I can remember

In the end I think that's what put it out of business, a crash and lawsuite. Diedre explained it on here once a while back.

I loved it because it was 40 minutes from my door on the south side of c-bus to the gate, and I could ride there any day of the week at any time of the day. With my wacked out schedule, I would get up at 2PM, be at the track by 3, ride until 6, and back home by 7. Then off to work by 8PM. Can't get that anymore. I haven't practiced during the week since they shut down!

A November 10 sanction meeting will determine the district's direction. The economy has certainly played a part in the district's current state.

Honda Hills still had the best dirt I ever rode, back in late 80's early 90's before it turned blue groove, plus they had the most awesome pond full of stuff to jump off of. I remember it being packed with 80 riders all bombing off it while the senior riders and their wives chilled over by the "beach". Good times for sure. Some of my best memories come from HH too.

In 2007 our gate was where the kids track is now, and we did starts for the c track and big track. It was far too cumbersome for us to do it that way at that time, plus the finishline was after where they connected from the start. Im fairly sure we could add another gate in there somewhere for the c track, put up some lights and add about 1/4 mile of track, and voila night motos at the Cliff. I didnt say that though.

The perfect time for a long moto series would be at night, under the lights after practice day before the Sunday race day.
Do it JO.

You actually hit the nail on the head for some of the weekends we have been planning for malvern. That would be awesome if BC wanted to get in on the action.

We will have the poles, we have plenty of power, just need some of those metal hallides. Should have bought them from BOB, dammit. Hes probably chuckling while reading this. I think those ended up at the Vern.

Honda Hills still had the best dirt I ever rode, back in late 80's early 90's before it turned blue groove, plus they had the most awesome pond full of stuff to jump off of. I remember it being packed with 80 riders all bombing off it while the senior riders and their wives chilled over by the "beach". Good times for sure. Some of my best memories come from HH too.

It wasn't dirt my friend! Lol.

Back