District 11

Honda Hills good dirt?? Really? I raced there in the 80s, that is not how I remember it. It was saw dust and manure on the top, that as you raced would slide off to the sides. It was also VERY rocky in parts. I can remember going up the start hearing the ding ding ding of the rocks hitting the forks. Guys could ride fast there, then go to any other track and get smoked.

As for going away from jumps on tracks. Will never happen. The sport has evolved and this is where it is today. Kind of like they will never go back to helmets without face mask in football.

I would not call the sport evolving, its clearly has regressed as far as rider count goes, Jumping was part of a track layout, it has clearly gone beyond that these days and its hurt the sport in the longrun along with 4 stroke motors and $4 gas not to mention medical bills if you make a minor mistake on the overly huge jumps

your right honda hills was hard and did get slick but it was fun I loved to 40 plus bikes on the gate, that was real racin the reason it was so worn down is it was VERY popular for a long time consistantly out pulled all the other tracks around it in bike count

I would not call the sport evolving, its clearly has regressed as far as rider count goes, Jumping was part of a track layout, it has clearly gone beyond that these days and its hurt the sport in the longrun along with 4 stroke motors and $4 gas not to mention medical bills if you make a minor mistake on the overly huge jumps

your right honda hills was hard and did get slick but it was fun I loved to 40 plus bikes on the gate, that was real racin the reason it was so worn down is it was VERY popular for a long time consistantly out pulled all the other tracks around it in bike count

I hear ya!

One of my favorite times racing was the Friday night series at HH...it was a social event and moto fun wrapped up into a weekend night. I've always liked night races since the dust is more controllable and temps aren't blazing hot. Another bonus was that I could get my weekend race fix in and still have Saturday and Sunday to either do another race or whatever.

Ideal stuff all the way around.

Pymatuning used to have a sweet Pro night event. Used to have like 3-4 qualifiers for quads to make main gate. The racing was sick. 20 laps, I think in 04 when they had a bike track and a quad track and they combined them both for that night event the race long and fun.

Now, not so much. Bring back an event like that.....that was a race day. Those pyma 3 day events packed 'em in.

So what does D11 have next year? DMC, TCMC, Dirt Country, COCR, is that it? Am I missing one? Oh yeh, American motosports and their fair races and their Marysville outdoor track. Is that it? They're missing Fast Traxx, they could use them.

So what does D11 have next year? DMC, TCMC, Dirt Country, COCR, is that it? Am I missing one? Oh yeh, American motosports and their fair races and their Marysville outdoor track. Is that it? They're missing Fast Traxx, they could use them.

Im not 100% sure but I think the sanction meeting is open to the public. Its this Saturday, at the VFW in Circleville. Of course, I have no idea why you want to do that when there is riding to be done.

Lake Bailee shared a status.

October 29.

Remember Nov. 4th is last day to ride old track. It is getting torn down and replaced by a Super/ Arena-cross track. Next season will be AMA Sanctioned and no decision on District yet.

Last I heard, there would be NO district 11 in 2013. I was told that DMC was dropping the district for sure. If they drop I doubt that Dirt Country stays in the district either. Said the district was doing nothing for them.

Last I heard, there would be NO district 11 in 2013. I was told that DMC was dropping the district for sure. If they drop I doubt that Dirt Country stays in the district either. Said the district was doing nothing for them.

Wow. You know though the district could still function with just AMS. I question whether it could with all its current tracks and no AMS however,

Wow. You know though the district could still function with just AMS. I question whether it could with all its current tracks and no AMS however,

Does AMS require a D11 card? We did 3 of their fair races and never had one. They didn't ask either. Maybe I got lucky. I guess I'll let you know after the Columbus dealio. Not sure why I am going back to that one, all I did was whine about how junk the track was. Winter + beer + nothing else to do = it.

Does AMS require a D11 card? We did 3 of their fair races and never had one. They didn't ask either. Maybe I got lucky. I guess I'll let you know after the Columbus dealio. Not sure why I am going back to that one, all I did was whine about how junk the track was. Winter + beer + nothing else to do = it.

LOL, they're a D11 track. I'd say they forgot, or you got lucky. I should be at the indoor.

I didn't think the c-bus indoor race was a distrist event?

I think D11 could function with just AMS alone, but I don't think COCR and Dirt country would survive long on thier own. I know Fast Traxx has done it, but this would hurt some others in my opinion.

AMS does require a D11 card, but have been kinda forgetful in checking for it recently. I presented mine a couple times this year and the girl was like, " Oh yeh, thanks." Like she forgot about it, or didn't care.

It would make the most sense for AMS to just sell their own membership card and stop supporting the district.

Back