hershey comment?

A union boss walks into a bar next door to the factory and is about to order a drink to celebrate Obama’s victory when he sees a guy close by wearing a Romney for President button and two beers in front of him. He doesn't have to be an Einstein to know that this guy is a Republican. So, he shouts over to the bartender so loudly that everyone can hear, "Drinks for everyone in here, bartender, but not for the Republican."

Soon after the drinks have been handed out, the Republican gives him a big smile, waves at him, then says, "Thank you!" in an equally loud voice. This infuriates the union captain.

The union boss once again loudly orders drinks for everyone except the Republican. As before, this does not seem to bother the Republican. He continues to smile, and again yells, "Thank you!"

The union captain asks the bartender, "What the hell is the matter with that Republican? I've ordered rounds of drinks for everyone in the bar but him, and all the silly ass does is smile and thank me. Is he nuts?"

"Nope," replies the bartender.......... "He owns the place."

Michigan state GOP controlled Legislature forces through Right to Work law.

And once again, they've relied upon shady legislative tactics. We're seeing this a lot in politics these days.

Lets just ignore the debates and wish's of the taxpaying citizenry that makes up this country ram this right up their ass!

Democrat or Republican..........its Wrong!

It would appear to me that they did what the public wanted....

Click here

This was clearly voted down on the ballot. It was a "protect our jobs" deal. In other words....unionize.

Definition of Right to work seems like a step in the right direction in my opinion......

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A right-to-work law is a statute in the United States of America that prohibits union security agreements, or agreements between labor unions and employers that govern the extent to which an established union can require employees' membership, payment of union dues, or fees as a condition of employment, either before or after hiring. "Right-to-work" laws do not, as the short phrase might suggest, aim to provide a general guarantee of employment to people seeking work, but rather are a government regulation of the contractual agreements between employers and labor unions that prevents them from excluding non-union workers.[citation needed]

Right-to-work laws exist in twenty-four U.S. states, mostly in the southern and western United States. Such laws are allowed under the 1947 federal Taft–Hartley Act. A further distinction is often made within the law between those employed by state and municipal governments and those employed by the private sector with states that are otherwise union shop (i.e., pay union dues or lose the job) having right to work laws in effect for government employees.

It would appear to me that they did what the public wanted.....

Really? Large public rallies and protest march's say other wise and does not indicate overall acceptance?

I can't imagine being a Michigan legislator and having to explain to my neighbor, the school teacher, whom by the way is at my childs school, that I just helped vote in state laws that undermine your employment fair bargaining agreements.

We'll see.

Regardless of your bias on the results of this............When you take something away by force or coercian, the battle is never over.

Regardless of your bias on the results of this............When you take something away by force or coercian, the battle is never over.

How do you figure this? It was 57% against on a ballot to give unions more power! The problem isnt about bias it is about unions taking full advantage and abusing what the original intention for organized labor was.

And you are correct, the battle will never be over!

No surprise on the ballott result, played out similarily here in Ohio. Nobody would believe that Kasich would do such a thing. He did, and the Ohio voters found themselves scrambling for referrendum on SB5. And we know the rest of the story there. Figuring Michigan may go the same way.

(heck......people still believing all of Obama's lies. Go figure?)

The wife and I are both in bad shape with the Flu right now, badly sleep deprived so I was quite aggitated about this this-morning and therefore was lashing out irrationally with little pre-thought.

The unions have brought some of this on themselves and will have to learn to work smarter with Right to Work. It's not going away.

i work for ford so i'm a member of the uaw and i dont agree with what some unions do . i think they have lost there way like our goverment has. unions officials are worried about padding there pockets and not taken care of the workers anymore. i have to laugh about michigan right now cause most of the politicians who signed this bill the union asked the membership to vote for.i do believe there needs to be unions for checks and balances. the benifits we all share today are because of the unions back in the day fought for.but that was when people had morals and respect for oneanother. now a days all they say is whats in it for me and how can i get out of work .i think its going to get alot worse before or even gets better.

I am not very familiar with the Right To Work issue. How well does it work in states like Florida where they have it? Has it helped or hurt those states?

Hmmmmmmm.....?

Well you have the standard general understanding that "When" Ohio becomes Right to Work, then during times of future hiring the employees my company brings in won't be required to join and pay dues to the bargaining unit. Yet they will enjoy "all" of the compensation and benifits that the same/equal status organized workers recieve. Plus if they get in an employee performance or disciplinary jam, they can request and get Union Steward and committee representation to defend and help protect them, yet never pay a dime for the service, before, or after. What a deal +!

But....................... You Got My Sleep Deprived Fuzzy Wheels a-turning here.:)

Right to work is not an accross the board federally mandated law. It's State level? hmmmmmmmmm.

That being said......EVERYTHING IS NEGOTIABLE IN BARGAINING! "EVERYTHING"!!
So law requirements in Florida, could very well be spelled out differently in the final law in Michigan.

And here's the big misconception:
The law is not created for workers rights, it's created for investors, corporation owners and politicians. And how often do governors and presidents sign bills into laws that are misleading in everyway, and crafted with behind closed door negotiations between just the legislators? It's all a racket.

If I need corrected on any of this, someone please speak up and chime in. Would love to here something we don't know.

So if they arent a union member why would they be paid the union rates and receive the union benefits? My understanding from what I saw in florida for electricians the pay scale was between what we pay open shop and union scale here. I assumed ( notice ass is starts that word and thats what you are when you assume ) that wages werent paid at union scale in right to work states

Union House.............

HOOKERS

A dedicated Teamsters union worker was attending a
convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the
local brothels.When he got to the first one, he asked
the Madam, "Is this a union house?"

"No,"
she replied, "I'm sorry it isn't."

"Well, if I pay you $100,
what cut do the girls get?"

"The house gets $80 and the girls get $20,"
she answered.

Offended at such unfair dealings, the union man stomped
off down the street in search of a more equitable, hopefully unionized shop.

His search continued until finally he reached a brothel where the
Madam responded, "Why yes sir, this is a union house. We observe
all union rules."

The man asked, "And, if I pay you $100, what cut do the
girls get?"

"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."

"That's more like it!" the union man said.

He handed the Madam $100, looked around the room, and pointed

to a stunningly attractive green-eyed blonde.

"I'd like her," he said.

"I'm sure you would, sir," said the Madam.

Then she gestured to a 92-year old woman in the corner,
"but Ethel here has 67 years seniority and according to
union rules, she's next."

I am not very familiar with the Right To Work issue. How well does it work in states like Florida where they have it? Has it helped or hurt those states?

I don't know any more than you or anybody else. But the perception, which
I have no data to prove, is that wages are lower in right to work states.
That is what the congresscritters think, otherwise why do it? They are playing
to their funding which is not people working for corporation X. It's the owners
of corporation X.

Right to work act in ohio was renamed workplace freedom act a couple years ago. I took a labor history class a few years ago. What I took from the class is that once the state went rtw, they stoped producing. More like they turn into a service provider than making a product. Wages in those states where also drastically lower, but so was the cost of living. I wish I would have saved some of the papers and numbers, was interesting to see how when walmart started taking over as world power the economy took a dump.

So if they arent a union member why would they be paid the union rates and receive the union benefits? My understanding from what I saw in florida for electricians the pay scale was between what we pay open shop and union scale here. I assumed ( notice ass is starts that word and thats what you are when you assume ) that wages werent paid at union scale in right to work states

Who can say for sure?
If an industrial electrician decides to withdraw his union participation, he could get hosed just like any other non-union employee? Or he could rise above, become a company "SUPERMAN" and be compensated like one of the privileged?

What corporations and politicians see is that with every employee that drops membership, it weakens the union.

Politicians and Governors all say they want to attract more companies and jobs to their state. It's just they DO NOT want them to be paid high dollar jobs, or union. They want everybody at $10 p/hr., and no real benefits or protections. And aspecially no HEALTH CARE or RETIREMENT plan.

I occasionally hear talk on the news that this state or that state has unfilled positions for welders or machinist or such with no significant number of applicants.

There is no shortage of workers here, it's because they want someone who is at least a 5 year documented Journeyman with at least an associates degree, if not a bachelors on the side. Oh and by the way we'll pay you $10 p/hr.

"FU".......I say!

Back