New nationals!

jms158bmx

PR Member
Muddy creek in Tenn gets a national. Freestone gonzo. Davey just announced there will be another new venue too. Any pitracers been to muddy creek?

Alot of people that went to the ironman gncc said that they were told at the riders meeting it was getting a nation.

Muddy Creek, closer to Davey's house. Probably a pay out to the Combs family somewhere. Muddy Creek, two in PA.

This past spring they were making a lot of parking/pit additions. Really liked the track too. If I had to pick one track to race it would be near the top of the list.

Its no sceret that Mx Sports doesnt want to run HP and SC in the same year anymore. I would bet that if one of them is missing, that two years from now the other one will get rotated in. I think the years of having the same tracks for a decade is long gone now.

I have never been to muddy creek but I have been to Freestone, no great loss on that track. It is nothing like the other tracks. Don't get me wrong it was very fun to ride and got rough and rutted, but there is no elevation changes its all flat.

Steel City is getting dropped for Indiana and Freestone is getting dropped for Muddy Creek. Never been there but I've talked to severall people already that have and they're wondering how it's going to happen. They say Muddy Creek doesn't have the room or a decent enough track to do it.

mcr1000.jpg

Didnt Davey Coombs check the tracks out himself before making a decision? I know he was at Monster Mountain, he even rode a bike on that track.

Ive heard nothing but great things about Muddy Creek.

I am wondering if Don Kenworthy will be pitching in at Muddy Creek, not that Muddy Creek "needs" help. Don lives about 2 hours from their facility nowadays. Looks like a phone call is in order.

I raced there once in 1997. It was a great facility then. I am sure they will get the parking / pit area straightened out.

Indiana? Where? I thought Lakewood would go away after their contract runs out (this year I believe).

High Point and Steel City are cash cows for the Coombs and MX Sports, I'd still be surprised if they let one go unless as the head of the NPG, they are getting kickbacks with zero work....... then that makes total sense. Coombs have their hands in an awful lot, the entire GNCC Series, the Loretta Lynn's whole program, the NPG and the Steel City and High Point Nationals, along with PAMX and running several amateur events through the year at Steel City and High Point as well. The off road part of the AMA might as well be MX Sports these days.......

I agree Don. I used to love riding amatuer day at Gainseville and going on down to Daytona for Bike Week in March. Those were the days.

Where in Indiana would a track be? Would be nice if they had like 20 or 25 tracks in the country and rotated to different ones every other year.

High Point and Steel City are cash cows for the Coombs and MX Sports, I'd still be surprised if they let one go unless as the head of the NPG, they are getting kickbacks with zero work....... then that makes total sense. Coombs have their hands in an awful lot, the entire GNCC Series, the Loretta Lynn's whole program, the NPG and the Steel City and High Point Nationals, along with PAMX and running several amateur events through the year at Steel City and High Point as well. The off road part of the AMA might as well be MX Sports these days.......

I thought I heard somewhere that they wanted to get to point where they alternate the two like the atva national, due to neighbors. You dont really think they're worried about cash do ya?

The addition of Muddy Creek adds another National track to my "have raced or ridden" list! Not counting old school nationals like OIR, I'm at 10 tracks. Kenworthy's, High Point, Steel City, Red Bud, Millville, Broome Tioga, Gatorback, Pala, Glen Helen....and now Muddy Creek!

Back