New nationals!

I don't think they are worried about cash, but giving it up after you already have it over and over again always seems hard. They (the Coombs Family)started the NPG to save High Point when the AMA was going to get rid of High Point because they didn't want to give it up. They joined in a Good Old Boy Network with the other long time promoters to protect their own interest. So if they get into having a ATV National and Bike National every other year and rotating tracks that they approve...... they are still looking out for their own best interests. Not that there is anything wrong with that, they are being good business people and it's hard for anyone to break into the Good Old Boy Network without spending millions of dollars like Lake Elsinore did.......

And for some reason, the people from over on the West Coast have trouble getting along with the Good Old Boys from our area. Look at Glen Helen, in and gone, Pala, in and gone, and now Lake Elsinore......... in for now, but who knows when they'll be gone.

The new track in Indiana is a fact. It is going to be held at the same location as the Ironman GNCC in Crawfordsville IN. They had cleared the land and had a general layout when we were there a month ago for the GNCC. The Coombs are involved in this and yes steel city is off the schedual. Place has plenty of parking and is a sick layout. And the indiana crowd is as crazy or crazier then steel city fans. 20,000 fans for the GNCC on sat.

The new track in Indiana is a fact. It is going to be held at the same location as the Ironman GNCC in Crawfordsville IN. They had cleared the land and had a general layout when we were there a month ago for the GNCC. The Coombs are involved in this and yes steel city is off the schedual. Place has plenty of parking and is a sick layout. And the indiana crowd is as crazy or crazier then steel city fans. 20,000 fans for the GNCC on sat.

Oh no creekside...I dont think you understand. Ya see Steel City is a cash cow, and the Coombs just wouldnt give that up.

Oh no creekside...I dont think you understand. Ya see Steel City is a cash cow, and the Coombs just wouldnt give that up.

The open practice at BC is also a cash cow and something that shouldn't be given up easily as you have something that works and everyone wants, but you're giving it up to run 25 class race days and a 30 race schedule that will be "different" than all of the other organizations that have been running 25 moto race days and 30 races that count for points too....... so maybe these people that spend a lot of time on a tractor sucking diesel fumes for the love of motocross are getting side effects that we don't all know about yet, the side effect being that they go and make bad business decisions to give away their money that they worked so hard to make in the first place.

But you can make fun of me for thinking out loud on this forum of opinions that the Coombs don't want to give up the $ from a National that they control. And since I said this in that post you are referring to ----- "I'd still be surprised if they let one go unless as the head of the NPG, they are getting kickbacks with zero work....... then that makes total sense." And if you read between the lines in Creekside's post, "The COOMBS are involved and yes Steel City is off the schedule". So if the COOMBS are replacing one cash cow race with another cash cow race at a new venue, they are still controlling 2 events, which is why they started the NPG in the first place, to protect their big dollar events (2 of them) from getting knocked off the National MX schedule and continuing to collect lots of dollars from running events. They needed to protect High Point when the AMA wanted to get rid of High Point so they started the NPG to band the promoters together against the AMA. Now the NPG has the power, and not the AMA, and guess who's in charge of the NPG. You guessed Mr 8 year promoter, the Coombs family. So as I stated earlier, it is hard to imagine the COOMBS giving up a cash cow unless they can be rewarded with another one, maybe one that someone else runs but funnels back most of the profits to the Coombs for getting them in the Good Old Boy group of tracks and promoters. Creekside's post seems to indicate exactly that, the Coombs are involved in the venture and will close Steel City to open up Indiana for themselves and not someone totally new to the NPG Group. That does make total sense. Move to a place that wants one, less land/neighbor issues to worry about since Steel City area has built up into an area where MX tracks are not accepted by the neighborhoods close by, and be in control of it still so that you get to keep raking in the cash for a national mx race.

Now, maybe I should go back to that other post and answer your question about being a senior in college or the 8th grade....... just a thought.

Or I can wait and see what happens with the nationals and see who's in charge of the new ones.

BTW, I do hope that OMA succeeds in some way and the events are good and bring back good racing to Ohio. Reinventing the wheel looks a lot more like the same wheel with a new name after a lot of info has been released and while I wish you guys well with the venture, I won't be running 30 races next year because of the new organization. I'll do a few, but not much more than that..... honestly.

The addition of Muddy Creek adds another National track to my "have raced or ridden" list! Not counting old school nationals like OIR, I'm at 10 tracks. Kenworthy's, High Point, Steel City, Red Bud, Millville, Broome Tioga, Gatorback, Pala, Glen Helen....and now Muddy Creek!

I've ridden High Point, Steel City, Broome Tioga, Unadilla, Glen Helen, Carlsbad, and Kenworthy's

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WvufFwdqMzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The open practice at BC is also a cash cow and something that shouldn't be given up easily as you have something that works and everyone wants, but you're giving it up to run 25 class race days and a 30 race schedule that will be "different" than all of the other organizations that have been running 25 moto race days and 30 races that count for points too....... so maybe these people that spend a lot of time on a tractor sucking diesel fumes for the love of motocross are getting side effects that we don't all know about yet, the side effect being that they go and make bad business decisions to give away their money that they worked so hard to make in the first place.

But you can make fun of me for thinking out loud on this forum of opinions that the Coombs don't want to give up the $ from a National that they control. And since I said this in that post you are referring to ----- "I'd still be surprised if they let one go unless as the head of the NPG, they are getting kickbacks with zero work....... then that makes total sense." And if you read between the lines in Creekside's post, "The COOMBS are involved and yes Steel City is off the schedule". So if the COOMBS are replacing one cash cow race with another cash cow race at a new venue, they are still controlling 2 events, which is why they started the NPG in the first place, to protect their big dollar events (2 of them) from getting knocked off the National MX schedule and continuing to collect lots of dollars from running events. They needed to protect High Point when the AMA wanted to get rid of High Point so they started the NPG to band the promoters together against the AMA. Now the NPG has the power, and not the AMA, and guess who's in charge of the NPG. You guessed Mr 8 year promoter, the Coombs family. So as I stated earlier, it is hard to imagine the COOMBS giving up a cash cow unless they can be rewarded with another one, maybe one that someone else runs but funnels back most of the profits to the Coombs for getting them in the Good Old Boy group of tracks and promoters. Creekside's post seems to indicate exactly that, the Coombs are involved in the venture and will close Steel City to open up Indiana for themselves and not someone totally new to the NPG Group. That does make total sense. Move to a place that wants one, less land/neighbor issues to worry about since Steel City area has built up into an area where MX tracks are not accepted by the neighborhoods close by, and be in control of it still so that you get to keep raking in the cash for a national mx race.

Now, maybe I should go back to that other post and answer your question about being a senior in college or the 8th grade....... just a thought.

Or I can wait and see what happens with the nationals and see who's in charge of the new ones.

BTW, I do hope that OMA succeeds in some way and the events are good and bring back good racing to Ohio. Reinventing the wheel looks a lot more like the same wheel with a new name after a lot of info has been released and while I wish you guys well with the venture, I won't be running 30 races next year because of the new organization. I'll do a few, but not much more than that..... honestly.

blah blah blah.....I expected more. Thats not even a half hearted rocket response.....your losing your edge.

I see two things hidden in this post.

1. Hockey season has to be over.
2. Hershey is going to start to bash the npg. (Clearly a promoter union). Coombs wants more for less. Atta boy union man!!!

Muddycreek is a good choice, Have been there many times and they run a great program. The road going in is going to be a traffic nightmare, but not any worse than Highpoint. Combs is NPG and they control everything about the nationals which is not good but it is all we have. When I heard the rumor that Loretta's was going to hold a national the week before the amateur nationals I was ready to wright them off. Muddy creek and a lot of other tracks have paid there dues and deserve to be rewarded with a national.I have always said that a rotating schedule would get the nationals to differant parts of the county and give the new track a reason to improve there facilities.

I see two things hidden in this post.

1. Hockey season has to be over.
2. Hershey is going to start to bash the npg. (Clearly a promoter union). Coombs wants more for less. Atta boy union man!!!

Hockey season is full swing and goes all the way into April..... I love that cold air in your lungs when you step outside in the winter, can't wait until the pond freezes and I'm skating outside for fun. It gives me something to look forward to in the winter and recharges me for another season of MX when the weather warms up and I'm ready to get out on the motorcycle again. I think I'd like riding and hockey less if I did either one of them year round, I like the break. If anyone needs a ski trip with a hockey game to watch, come to Jackson Hole, WY over March 1 - 2 and watch Team Cleveland take on the Jackson Hole Moose minor league Hockey team with a chance to see me drop the gloves and rack up the penalty minutes. Great time, great skiing, and really fun weekend of hockey with my winter buddies as we relive our glory years by playing minor league hockey for one weekend a winter.

And I think the Coombs have been smart business people through the whole process and made a niche for themselves that they expanded over and over until they are the controlling party in all things MX and GNCC now. They don't have SX locked up, but they help with TV contracts there too. Their hand is in every part of MX and GNCC racing in the USA which are two pretty huge ventures and they control both of them at the National Championship level for both amateurs and professionals. And they do a pretty good job of it too..... of course there are complaints, but aren't there complaints about everything?

Spoke with Don K last night. He is on board with the Gammons. Don will be trying to implement some of the infrastructure we had in Troy. This will turn out fine.

Back