insurance

i guess mines not that far off with progressive then. 105 seemed higher but its on a new bike. and that includes 3000 in accessories... guess i should send them their $105 now.

Here's my insurance, but it costs me about 500$/ yr in dog food, not including vet bills and dog toys.
2007RMZ450006.jpg

Progressive will provide collision coverage along with Liability and Other than Collision for a dirt bike and even a race bike. However, while at a race, ALL coverage is excluded including liability, OTC and Collision. If you're just out riding and have a bad crash, they will cover damage to the bike. Collision will also provide you with coverage while hauling the bike on a trailer or in the back of your truck....otherwise, you have no coverage for the bike if you wreck your toy hauler or if it even falls off the trailer. I've been an insurance agent since '95 and also represent Progressive.

One more thing....you can also carry medical coverage on the bike policy. If you end up hurt, you would have some medical coverage with no deductible. But like earlier, it is excluded while at a race.

One more thing....you can also carry medical coverage on the bike policy. If you end up hurt, you would have some medical coverage with no deductible. But like earlier, it is excluded while at a race.
i called my insurance agent regarding getting insurance on the bikes, he said he tried multiple companys including progressive and when he put in the bikes are using for racing, all comapanys would not insure them. he told me that if the bikes were used for racing that they were uninsurable even if it was just for theft/fire.

i called my insurance agent regarding getting insurance on the bikes, he said he tried multiple companys including progressive and when he put in the bikes are using for racing, all comapanys would not insure them. he told me that if the bikes were used for racing that they were uninsurable even if it was just for theft/fire.

False. Find a new agent.

Progressive's quoting does ask about race use...the agent must select either pleasure/offroad use. But as said above, ALL coverage is EXCLUDED at a race including theft. I've had mine insured with Progressive the past 12 years.

Alright here is my question: My bike gets stolen. It's deemed a total loss. I get my check. And I recover my bike 3 months later. Is it still my bike? When cars are total losses its insurance companies property after the check is dispersed. Is this correct or no ?

jbrown have you ever had to make a claim

Yeah, you are required to let the insurance company know that it was recovered.

I have made a few medical claims against my Progressive policy.

Alright here is my question: My bike gets stolen. It's deemed a total loss. I get my check. And I recover my bike 3 months later. Is it still my bike? When cars are total losses its insurance companies property after the check is dispersed. Is this correct or no ?

jbrown have you ever had to make a claim

i would assume it would be like a car in that you would be able to purchase it back from the insurance company for pennies at that point as well

when i totaled my first rx7 they paid me for the value of the car minus the buyback price (1k) and i was able to part it out and make a nice chunk of money

Back