4 stroke oil

pasimp57

PR Addict
YZ 250 f. What's a good oil. I've used 10w30 with no issues in our 2 stroke clutch, but since there's only 1 oil filler for the whole motor, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to use.

Thanks

I have used straight 10w40 for years in my own stuff. Now for customers I use Honda GN4 10w40. I know the regular "car" oil works fine though. Sure it breaks down faster and isn't motorcycle specific.... But it works. If you browse thumpertalk you can read miles worth of posts on this subject. Everyone has their opinion but the facts are that we as moto men change our oil quit frequently. And as my opinion goes, fresher oil of any variety is better than dirtier more used oil of a specific variety.

i switched to running shell rotella in my 350, ran it in my 250, and am now running it in my new 450. After everything ive read, and talked to plenty of people running it, ive had no issues with it. i would change it more often, but even when doing so it still looks clean coming out. im going to stick with that. 13 bucks for a gallon, hard to beat it.

i switched to running shell rotella in my 350, ran it in my 250, and am now running it in my new 450. After everything ive read, and talked to plenty of people running it, ive had no issues with it. i would change it more often, but even when doing so it still looks clean coming out. im going to stick with that. 13 bucks for a gallon, hard to beat it.

I'm one of the rotella T (dyno oil) believers. Have run it in both sides of all my 4 stroke bikes. Hard to beat the price when I'm changing my oil every 5 hours

Rotella T is wet clutch compatible and JASO certified. That means its an oil that the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers recommend. (even though it is intended for Diesel Engines).

nothing is "great" about it, other than the price! It seems to work though. I've also ran it in both of my 600RR street bikes, and my f4i street bike, that was a stunt bike that i beat the CRAP out of the clutch.. (it took a lot of clutching to get the front end up at 55 with my fat @$$ sitting on the tank)

i havent ran it in any cars or anything, but i think from here on im out sticking with that in any bike.

also i believe from reading a while back that it used to not be jaso certified, until recently. so a lot of people were against it because it wasnt jaso... but now that it is I think that shut a lot of people up.

from ktm.. things that make you say hmm..

Attachments

• 2011-10-11211632.jpg
    2011-10-11211632.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 235
ive only seen it in 15w40...hmmm wonder if i should switch to the 10w30. i guess in the winter it would be a good idea at least.

Gee Crute with your reasoning for using it why not drive down the dollar store and get their oil! Lol !!!

lol no, i wouldnt use it if it was junk oil just cuz it was cheap. prior to this i was running motorex or motul, which are both pretty pricey. i switched to this because i noticed no difference, other than the wallet.

Honda 10W-40, I'm sure the guy you got your bike from will recommend the same, since he ran it in his 900HP Sprint motors.

Back