4 stroke oil

YZ 250 f. What's a good oil. I've used 10w30 with no issues in our 2 stroke clutch, but since there's only 1 oil filler for the whole motor, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to use.

Thanks

I've always used, until recently, plain 'ole dino oil car stuff.
But then we started having issues with our YZ250f with heating
the clutch (we thought) and having it drag on the starting
line at the short track. The boy wasn't having a good time.

A couple of discussions with guys that should know, one works at
Spectro and one at Lubrizol, convinced me to try motorcycle
specific oil. We got some Yamalube from Ralph and the boy
hasn't had another problem.

Is it better for MX? No clue. I doubt it. But for $5-6 extra bucks
an oil change, I'm convinced.

BTW, the cheapest I have seen Rotella is 1 gallon jugs at Walmart. Is anyone finding it cheaper elsewhere? It adds up when you put 10 gallons in the water truck then another 8 in the dozer and tractor.

At that rate, can't you find somebody to sell you a 55 gallon drum?

Once we get the shop built, thats probably what I will do and have a pump system. However, when you gotta stand in an awkward position on top the frame of the mack to fill it through the top of the cam cover, 1 gallon jugs are the easiest.

I was using all Yamalube for awhile but the last year or so I have been running Honda GN4 10w40 in my own bikes and quad and also in all customer bikes and quads.
So far I have not had a single issue

We buy a 55 gallon drum from royal lubricants in magnolia. Put a crank pump on it and keep a few empty jugs to use to dump in trucks and equipment. Usually use two drums a year atleast, much cheaper. I believe its heavy duty 15-40
Now in the mx bike I use belray thumper, stuff lasts much longer than other oils

Rotella T is wet clutch compatible and JASO certified. That means its an oil that the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers recommend. (even though it is intended for Diesel Engines).

And specifically designed to handle the thick soot, contamination, and workload of a diesel. If it will withstand the stress, heat, and demands of a road tractor hauling tens of thousands of pound loads across thousands of miles. I think it will work for 8 hours in a dirt scooter.

BTW, the cheapest I have seen Rotella is 1 gallon jugs at Walmart. Is anyone finding it cheaper elsewhere? It adds up when you put 10 gallons in the water truck then another 8 in the dozer and tractor.

Maybe tractor supply on sale? 5 gallon buckets. May not be any less expensive, But much more fun to make a mess with...

Golden Spectro is one of the best oils in our opinion, we have a customer with over 300,000 miles with the original clutch and no engine problems, we have used it in our race bikes with no problems also, It will work in dirt, street or atv motors. Great Stuff.

I have been running rottella 15/40 in my 2stroke trans for years... are you guys running the 15/40 or the 10/30 in your 4 strokes?

Cool Thanks... i have got lots of the 15/40... i get a good break from our hydraulic oil supplier...

Back