The Women's Pro Motocross schedule will consist of three events in 2013

What a crock of crap. They just make up excuses about not having time. Sounds more like they just dont want the hassle

Why dont they just have a pro womens class on amateur day at each round that pays out? Id rather them make room for something ill enjoy watching. Like a 125 pro class or something like that. No offense to those girls. They have amazing skill and alot of them are super fast.

At least they'll be at high point again. I enjoy watching them.

Why dont they just have a pro womens class on amateur day at each round that pays out? Id rather them make room for something ill enjoy watching. Like a 125 pro class or something like that. No offense to those girls. They have amazing skill and alot of them are super fast.

And a lot of them aren't! It was painful to watch some of those girls at redbud.

I believe Gieger, Fiolek, Patterson and maybe a few others acutally get paid to ride. The rest are paying out of pocket. I kind of have mixed emotions about this. I agree with Georgie that after the top 10 to 15 girls its pretty bad. Heck at one point I felt I could run with the back of the pack and that's not saying much. However I will say there is some young girls that are pretty fast and will add to the top group here soon. With Fiolek not racing it pretty much is a one women show. I doubt anyone will run with patterson unless some of the new up and comers can run her pace. Honestly I do think it was better when they use to race on Sunday this gave more time to fit them in. They usually ran one moto on sat. and one moto on sun. If needed to be then run them with the amatuer program so they can at least run all the rounds. Dropping them from 8 races to 3 is a joke.

And a lot of them aren't! It was painful to watch some of those girls at redbud.

I dont agree with the 3 rounds personally, I feel as if they really could figure something out even if it is Sunday. I know a reason they don't run the whole circuit is because majority are out of pocket and the payouts not being that great they figured with having 8 rounds it would increase the amount of racers and reduce some travel which is understandable. But having only 3 rounds seems almost pointless and doesnt give amateur women much to look up to, But I agree with you GeorgiePorgie Red Bud was rough, I am close friends with some of the top WMX racers and they were also frustrated and not happy about that as well. They feel its dangerous with the drastic skill difference with the back of the pack but without full gates they wont get bumped out from timed qualifying. But at some point I just think the group at the back, I give them credit for going out there, but it takes away from the riders in the front of the pack and gives them that bad reputation but there is actually good racing and good battles up front as the championship could have gone 3 ways going into Elsinore.

the way its set up now they are already basically an intermission to the Mens and typically ran first practice and and last motos so they were already in the schedule as out of the way as possible it seems and have shorter timed practice and race times. But for there sake im glad they didnt cut it down to 1 moto as they had discussed for them. I couldn't imagine going cross country to have a bike problem or a fall in your first lap in your moto and be basically done and wasted the travel expenses and time.

I agree. How about they race in a class where their speed level is. I would like to see the top females in the B class at lorettas and see where they finish....if they qualify for LL. When you say "pro" your talking about people with extradanary skills at what they are doing. "pro" is really not WMX. Just my opinion. Danica Patrick races the boys. In boat racing the females race the guys. We are the only motorsport that seperate the girls and the guys. I understand the physical aspect of it. But they are not pros in the true sense of a "pro"

I agree. How about they race in a class where their speed level is. I would like to see the top females in the B class at lorettas and see where they finish....if they qualify for LL. When you say "pro" your talking about people with extradanary skills at what they are doing. "pro" is really not WMX. Just my opinion. Danica Patrick races the boys. In boat racing the females race the guys. We are the only motorsport that seperate the girls and the guys. I understand the physical aspect of it. But they are not pros in the true sense of a "pro"

Sitting on your butt in a car or a boat is totally different than riding a motorcycle no comparision on my opinion. I really think you men are being rather sexist in this conversation. If you look at other sports where you compare true physical ability like soccer, basketball, boxing, fighting (every other sport I can think of) etc.. you seperate the boys and girls professionally. Even though we are riding motorcycles its truly a physical sport that requires someone to be in great shape. I think we all know motocross, endurocross, worx etc.. is a physically demanding sport in every aspect. The only sports that I truly see women compete against the men are in something that doesn't require and even match up of physical ability. God didn't create us the same and we need to respect each other for our strengths. I will say I have seen many women/girls beat the boys on a dirt bike, they may not beat the top competitors but lets face it most of you on this forum are not as fast as the top women pro riders on a bike. But seriously, I sick of watching some old guys ride around the track thinking they are so fast trying to live out their childhood fantasies as well. You all cry about your classes and get upset if you get beat by someone 10 years your junior etc.... blah blah blah. get over it. You are all getting older too and i would rather watch the younger faster ones ride. I don't enjoy watching old guys I don't know ride either so you may think its painful watching the girls.. I think its painful watching the old dudes myself.

I must've missed the +40 class at the last AMA Pro National I attended.

Agree. But I can Guarantee you one thing......There are 40 SUPER fast 40+ Vets and ex pros that would make an awesome Pro SR. tour race for three races at the nationals. That would be fun to watch.

Nothing against the girls, but most people would probably rather see the best riders in the country on KTM 65s out there racing on the national day as filler than the WMX. It is just the facts.

Sitting on your butt in a car or a boat is totally different than riding a motorcycle no comparision on my opinion. I really think you men are being rather sexist in this conversation. If you look at other sports where you compare true physical ability like soccer, basketball, boxing, fighting (every other sport I can think of) etc.. you seperate the boys and girls professionally. Even though we are riding motorcycles its truly a physical sport that requires someone to be in great shape. I think we all know motocross, endurocross, worx etc.. is a physically demanding sport in every aspect. The only sports that I truly see women compete against the men are in something that doesn't require and even match up of physical ability. God didn't create us the same and we need to respect each other for our strengths. I will say I have seen many women/girls beat the boys on a dirt bike, they may not beat the top competitors but lets face it most of you on this forum are not as fast as the top women pro riders on a bike. But seriously, I sick of watching some old guys ride around the track thinking they are so fast trying to live out their childhood fantasies as well. You all cry about your classes and get upset if you get beat by someone 10 years your junior etc.... blah blah blah. get over it. You are all getting older too and i would rather watch the younger faster ones ride. I don't enjoy watching old guys I don't know ride either so you may think its painful watching the girls.. I think its painful watching the old dudes myself.

Well said

I have a response for John250 but I am not waisting my time. He don't get it.

Thank you Motomom413, you are 150 percent correct. Title IX came about in 1972 so all those other sports could be seperated and women could participate in sports against other women. Why does motocross have to be any different???

I have a response for John250 but I am not waisting my time. He don't get it.

Thank you Motomom413, you are 150 percent correct. Title IX came about in 1972 so all those other sports could be seperated and women could participate in sports against other women. Why does motocross have to be any different???

Lotts I really do get it. You know what title IX has done to some college sports? It has caused some colleges to drop some male sports, because they can not afford to have some male sports that then cause them to have to offer more female sports and scholarships. So rather than adding the sports, they CUT the mens sports. It has also caused the rise of scholarships for women in things such as bowling at the D 1 level. It is a cheap sport they can add to try and maintain their title IX requirements. I get it. I have two daughters and they play sports. I also have a son.

But at the end of the day, the level of talent in the WMX outside of a few women is fairly low compared to males. I can guaruntee you most of the paying crowd at a National is not interested in watching the WMX (once again, nothing against the women, but fact). Women play some sports awesome, volleyball, fast pitch softball, etc. But for the most part MX is not even close to the same level as the top amateurs in the world

Take the female rose colored glasses off and look at it objuctively. The promoters are putting on a show, and trying to get it done with TV these days etc. I can see where the WMX does not fit into the program.

I didn't disagree that they don't really turn heads on race day when racing on national day. I also stated to run them on amatuer day if that would give them a full race schedule program. But you are trying to make them run with the boys and just like every other sport we can't complete with that. You are against the women because you would rather see a gate of old pro (all men) or a gate of 65 which are boys to be included with the national. You stated women play some sports awesome, does that imply that our young girls today should stick with sports and not ride motorcycles??? Womens motocross really just started getting underway and getting some fast riders of course the talent pool isn't as deep they haven't had the same amount of time to develop riders. The pool was getting deeper but with the cut on races I doubt many of them will race the nationals and just run Lorettas stuff. Why bother traveling for 3 rounds.

I am very well aware of what title IX has done. I have done research papers and speeches on it numerous times. It's all fun and games to cut everything the females have but heaven forbid we cut something for the men. I am not saying I agree with that it but the only reason you don't like it is because it cut men's sports. I played sports from 4th grade all the way up to the college level and it's the same thing over and over. The boys get all the support whether they win or lose. Girls only get the support when they are winning.

I am pretty sure they promoters are making a killing regardless if the women run a 3 race program or a 12 race program. The women don't affect the tv program because they don't air them.

Haha..... This isn't just about the pro races its about the local promoters as well. For the past few years, there were issues trying to put the womens class at certain tracks and venues (which I know lotts can attest to) if they didn't have the numbers etc... They never have that issue or put that stipulation on the +25, +30, +35, +40, +45, +50 class...really its kind of ridiculous to hear everyone complain all the time. The girls have ONE class thats it. The pro women have ONE class thats it. They haven't asked for much so I think a little respect instead of criticism could be offered. I will say that most of our fellow male racers are very gracious and kind but there a few insecure ones that make rude comments and put downs for whatever reason. I am sure there is some sort of freudian psychological diagnosis behind it.

LOL........I really could care less if a promoter runs a womens class or not. I had hoped that my oldest daughter would have raced. She rode, took a spill and was done. Now she is a competitive cheerleader and plays basketball. Sometimes I think racing would be cheaper than three competitive cheer squads where I pay feed upon fees for gyms and tumbling etc.

I guess my main point is while they call it "pro" womens motocross, only a few really would fall into the classification of a pro. While in 10 or 15 years after like Lotts mentioned the talent pool gets deeper, the situation may change. Look at the size of girls today, perhaps the physical thing wont be an issue. But some of the best motocrossers in the world are very small guys (blake baggett).

And MXmom, I have been riding for 39 or my 43 years. Totally comfortable with my speed and abilities, and am a decent VET rider. I am just trying to make a point. I have a niece that was the first female to play in an Ohio State championship football game last year (Springfield Shawnee Kicker), and another one kicking for them this year. But do I think girls should play football (I coach football too), no. Boys are not allowed to play girls volleyball, or softball, so why are girls allowed to be on the boys rosters? Just my opinion. Maybe some guy loves softball and not baseball, but guess what he is not allowed to play high school softball. I just believe fair is fair. They want to play with the boys, then let some boy play on their team.

Size isn't really the issue. I can assure you if you took an 18 year old female and male that weighed the same the male would be stronger in all areas. A prime example of what I am trying to say is I saw a 15 year old Tyler Bowers come over the finish line jump at Mid-ohio and his front end hit something and turned the bars. He litterly muscled the bars back and never went down. I don't know any female at any level that would have the strength to do that. That is the physical difference I am talking about. There is a lot of times men will muscle the bike around and move it where they want it, females can't do that and that is why I feel they are not on the same level as men when it comes to motocross.

As for the sports thing what boy would want to play softball with girls over baseball with boys and totally get made fun of. Don't really see that happening. As for volleyball there are more and more schools in the state of ohio that offer boys volleyball. Pretty sure it is an official OHSAA sport. The more schools that have boys that want to play will probably have a team. I am betting they won't be to good for a few years until they get some years into the program so the boys can get better and start playing at a younger age, so does that mean since they don't play so well we should drop them after a few seasons. Of course we wouldn't do that cause no one would ever drop a boys sport or class.

So basically Football and wrestling are the only sports boys have that girls don't. As for the football thing I don't think girls are phsically strong enough to compete in most aspects of football. As long as the line does their job a kicker isn't really not involved in the phsical aspect of the game and if a girl has a strong leg so be it why punish her. As for wrestling I don't understand why any girl would want to do that and I don't feel with todays society that is a good mix.

Back