The Women's Pro Motocross schedule will consist of three events in 2013

I am not about one up wars too immature but the main point is such that the girls do and should have a spot as in any other sport. Plus my 16 year old son and many of his friends enjoy going to watch these young girls with speed ride plus many of them are cute which from the boys perspective is never a bad thing for them. Most of the men complaining are too old to relate. Its all about equality, the views shared by many are exactly why title 9 and other entities have been created. Sexism and narrow minded people will always exist.

This is a funny post as well. Let's all face reality a little here. Dollars are hard to come by right now for any sport, let alone a fringe one like MX that has a limited audience. TV contracts, Sponsor commitments, and ad revenue will drive the rules, the classes, and the sport in a tough economy. And whether you like to admit it or not, the WMX races are not drawing the limited amount of attention that we get with the limited amount of sponsors we can attract, therefore the WMX is out, simple business decision based on money.

All of your gender biases, sexism rants, boys vs girls, Article IX, etc have nothing to do with this. It's just how it is, the almighty dollar rules and the WMX costs more than it brings in so it's out.

And for the record, I like Women!

Going beyond the obvious, I like women to have a fair shake at anything in the world. Facts are facts and men are different from women and each has their strong points and weak points which can be debated forever....... just like why is a Yamaha better than a Suzuki or vice versa depending on which side your on. Women's professional MX was growing and given a professional series and more amateur status in recent years with additional classes just for them through Loretta Lynns. But if you can't see that the dollars for our sport have dried up and without energy drinks that love us, there would be almost no money at all, you're crazy.

The people in charge (MX Sports) are working to keep the sport we all love going and have to make hard decisions based on the company's supporting and paying the bills for our sport. Time, Money, and Return on Investment factored into this decision and they had to cut somewhere to make ends meet. WMX got the short end of the stick, but if our country turns around and money starts flowing again better, they will be back is my opinion. The women in the sport should not give up and make the 3 events in the series HUGE so someone sees the potential for more next year. Since it's only 3 races, it's easier to make them as a person paying to enter, the top guns will be paid to be there anyway.

John250. Geiger was a decent b rider. Just right outside the top 10 in most events. She put a good slammer into me at mini o's two turns before the finish. So I blasted her back before the finish. She did give me some trouble it seemed in every moto.

Case in point: I wasn't any fast national ranked b rider, she was astronomically fast for a girl but mediocre (like myself) against the B Class riders. Although, I'm sure she could smoke me now.

I really thought Fiolek had it in her to make a (mens) pro national. Not sure about it anymore. She may be content with women's pro. But with only 3 races a year she might want to try and entertain that idea again.

I'd rather watch superminis have an exhibition moto on pro day. That was my favorite class to watch in the MEC.

Pretty sure Fiolek is done racing. Not really sure why but that was the on the rumor mill. I agreed that she had a shot at getting in a men's national, always thought she was going to try and that was he goal. Her and Patterson would be the legit two to potentially make it. I do know Sarah Whitmore qualified for a men's canadian national more in her prime.

I agree Rocket that money is a big issue and I hope that things turn around for motocross in general. I want to see the sport grow for everyone. Maybe you are right with only 3 rounds maybe the turn out would be better. There are girls out there that are as fast as Ashley and Jessica but for them it boils down to money and travel. I think of our own local Kaylynn (absolutely awesome girl all around) who is super fast but hasn't taken that leap to pro because is so darn expensive.
Thanks Georgie for giving positive comments for the female riders. These girls just work hard to be the best they can be at what they love to do.
I also agree with you about watching supermini because they are always fast and exciting. Heck sometimes the top riders laptimes are as fast as the top "B" riders.
In thinking about Fiolek and wonder if 3 rounds is why she decided to be done. She is at an age where you gotta make some life decisions and who wants to wait around for 3 races. Just a thought.

If there was a woman riding a pro national i would have to yell, scream and holler like I was at redbud for Renner on the 2 stroke.

Back