Route 62 New track design

We have FINALLY signed to take 20 more acres to build a huge track, after putting some more parking in the track area will be about 17 acres. We are shooting for a 2:00 to 2:30 minute lap track. Use google earth to see the land and elevation changes 2825 Millersburg road 43037. Just wanting all the input we can get on design! any suggestions post em! Visit our new website also www.route62mx.vpweb.com

I love what you guys are doing over there so far. 2:30 lap times, that's what I'm talking about. You have some nice rolling hills too.

You don't have to get too fancy. The big tracks like RedBud, Scenic or Area330 only needed a few obstacles. Let mother nature do the rest. Just prep it well and open the gates. You're also encouraged to use the Open Practice/Race forums to keep the riders informed. Best of luck!

Chuck

I would agree with Chuck. You dont have to go big with jumps and gnarly obsticles if you have alot of natural elevation change which you do. Us old men (as in me not so much Chuck as I dont know your age..lol ) would prefer an old school MX track with the natural elevation change without the huge man made jumps. Dont get me wrong I like the Cliff but would love a change of pace.Make the track flow and keep it nice...as in prepping, watering etc....

I agree with what theyve said. And u already have an sx style track so u dont need another. Maybe some nice flowwing step ups, ski style downhills etc....

I agree with what theyve said. And u already have an sx style track so u dont need another. Maybe some nice flowwing step ups, ski style downhills etc....

SX style track?? The video on facebook made it look like there were hardly any jumps and the ones that they do have are very natural looking like smith road. I would love to see some Red Bud/330 style large natural jumps with big safe landings.

Keep it open, good flow, you have so much potential don't try to do too much too fast. Focus on prep, drainage (plenty tracks seem to be either hard clay or muddy slop with too much water) that will keep people coming back....

When I use Google Earth on that address it looks like the main intersection of a small town.

SX style track?? The video on facebook made it look like there were hardly any jumps and the ones that they do have are very natural looking like smith road. I would love to see some Red Bud/330 style large natural jumps with big safe landings.

Keep it open, good flow, you have so much potential don't try to do too much too fast. Focus on prep, drainage (plenty tracks seem to be either hard clay or muddy slop with too much water) that will keep people coming back....

U must have seen the smaller track right behind the building. The other bigger one is farther back to the right. Its all man made jumps if im not mistaken

U must have seen the smaller track right behind the building. The other bigger one is farther back to the right. Its all man made jumps if im not mistaken

Actually I didn't see either one....just realized I was thinking of Moto 60 sports park the new track out by Meadowlarks. whoops. ignore my previous statement haha

Reading what some people on here have wrote, and in other post, people want a track like what Honda Hills was. In my eye Honda Hills was a track that made the better rider stand out. Was a lot of natural elevation which made it fun. Plus the track was great for people who just want to learn. I know your smaller track behind the building is good for at, but I'm lucky to get out of second gear on my 450. Simple is what I think a lot of people want.

Yes I started out racing at honda hills in 99. It was always funny racing when the big air guys would show up they would say it sucked because it didnt have any big jumps and then they would get smoked in the races always made me laugh. IMO just because you can jump a 100 ft triple does not mean you are fast and know how to corner rather it be bowl turns, off camber, flat corners etc.. Even though I would of liked a couple more jumps at honda hills..LOL. I think scenic highland was a great mixture and would be great to take the basic concept of what it had. I know that RT 62 does not have quite that type of elevation but you get the just of it. Honda Hills had many many passing spots and it was never one lined. On Friday night races no track around was prepped better than that place..that is when they actually took care of the place but that is neither here nor there.

Not quite sure where all this elevation change is you all are talking about??? Didn't see that much in the cornfield.

Not quite sure where all this elevation change is you all are talking about??? Didn't see that much in the cornfield.

Lonnie can expound on the actual elevation change, but it drops about as much as BC does from where Lisa takes the money to the the level of the trailer. It drops from the building to the water tower.

If you would like to see lots of creativity in a new track design I would highly suggest forming a competition between track builders over at MxSimulator.com . It may sound childish to have kids that play a video game design your track but there are some very talented digital artists on that site that will replicate everything down to the trees and building on that location while giving you a unique and fun to ride track tested on the worlds closest motocross simulation. On top of unique designs from the ground up you'll also benefit by have a virtual track map for anyone to see before they come to the location. Just my 2 cents.

If you would like to see lots of creativity in a new track design I would highly suggest forming a competition between track builders over at MxSimulator.com . It may sound childish to have kids that play a video game design your track but there are some very talented digital artists on that site that will replicate everything down to the trees and building on that location while giving you a unique and fun to ride track tested on the worlds closest motocross simulation. On top of unique designs from the ground up you'll also benefit by have a virtual track map for anyone to see before they come to the location. Just my 2 cents.

Cool idea dude !!!

Whoops, jumps, doubles, corner doubles, tabletops, sand section, rollers - obstacles - lots of obstacles. People can ride in a field anywhere, folks want obstacles.

You can't put in too many obstacles. And LOTS of corners. Keep it slow and jumpy. " THIS TRACK HAS TOO MANY OBSTACLES , I"M LEAVING !!!" - Said nobody - ever.

Whoops, jumps, doubles, corner doubles, tabletops, sand section, rollers - obstacles - lots of obstacles. People can ride in a field anywhere, folks want obstacles.

You can't put in too many obstacles. And LOTS of corners. Keep it slow and jumpy. " THIS TRACK HAS TOO MANY OBSTACLES , I"M LEAVING !!!" - Said nobody - ever.

So let me get this right???????? Lots of obstacles? GOT IT!!!!!

if you would like to see lots of creativity in a new track design i would highly suggest forming a competition between track builders over at mxsimulator.com . It may sound childish to have kids that play a video game design your track but there are some very talented digital artists on that site that will replicate everything down to the trees and building on that location while giving you a unique and fun to ride track tested on the worlds closest motocross simulation. On top of unique designs from the ground up you'll also benefit by have a virtual track map for anyone to see before they come to the location. Just my 2 cents.
wow!! Great idea!!

Beg to differ. Lots of people have said that.... Didnt this thread start by some one saying " Keep it simple" ?

Back