Route 62 New track design

I love what you guys are doing over there so far. 2:30 lap times, that's what I'm talking about. You have some nice rolling hills too.

You don't have to get too fancy. The big tracks like RedBud, Scenic or Area330 only needed a few obstacles. Let mother nature do the rest. Just prep it well and open the gates. You're also encouraged to use the Open Practice/Race forums to keep the riders informed. Best of luck!

Chuck

I would agree with Chuck. You dont have to go big with jumps and gnarly obsticles if you have alot of natural elevation change which you do. Us old men (as in me not so much Chuck as I dont know your age..lol ) would prefer an old school MX track with the natural elevation change without the huge man made jumps. Dont get me wrong I like the Cliff but would love a change of pace.Make the track flow and keep it nice...as in prepping, watering etc....

I agree with what theyve said. And u already have an sx style track so u dont need another. Maybe some nice flowwing step ups, ski style downhills etc....

SX style track?? The video on facebook made it look like there were hardly any jumps and the ones that they do have are very natural looking like smith road. I would love to see some Red Bud/330 style large natural jumps with big safe landings.

Keep it open, good flow, you have so much potential don't try to do too much too fast. Focus on prep, drainage (plenty tracks seem to be either hard clay or muddy slop with too much water) that will keep people coming back....

Reading what some people on here have wrote, and in other post, people want a track like what Honda Hills was. In my eye Honda Hills was a track that made the better rider stand out. Was a lot of natural elevation which made it fun. Plus the track was great for people who just want to learn. I know your smaller track behind the building is good for at, but I'm lucky to get out of second gear on my 450. Simple is what I think a lot of people want.

Dont go nuts IMO. Read these posts

If you would like to see lots of creativity in a new track design I would highly suggest forming a competition between track builders over at MxSimulator.com . It may sound childish to have kids that play a video game design your track but there are some very talented digital artists on that site that will replicate everything down to the trees and building on that location while giving you a unique and fun to ride track tested on the worlds closest motocross simulation. On top of unique designs from the ground up you'll also benefit by have a virtual track map for anyone to see before they come to the location. Just my 2 cents.

So I finally broke down and bought the game... I still can't get around a track without falling 2948 times :(

I've heard that a hundred times. ;) You have to stick with it. If you do, you'll be rewarded. Start off slow and easy on beginner style tracks with high stability. Slowly lower your stability and progress to harder tracks (sx). It's very easy to play the game a few times and just say F it.

Just nice natural flowing jumps.....nothing peaked out...a track you can pound motos out on and have a blast doing it....nice floaters keeps it safe and fun for all skill levels...needs something where local a riders can have a great pace to train but easy enough for new riders to develop on...track prep is huge!!! Rip deep water....chop clumpsclumps up with a disk and water again get moisture as deep as possible...you do that and you will have great turn out every time!

You are a man on a mission. I love it.

Sounds like folks like the idea of fast, flowing, track with plenty of jumps for the BIG MOTO Track, and then maybe you can take the SX track and get a little crazy. Make a mean catapolt jump, add whoops, and fast banking turns for the risk takers. Best of everything in one place. Indoor, small moto tracks for kids/beginners, Big moto track, and a serious SX track.

Just my thoughts. Cya Sat. My boy will be in the kid indoor race.

Michael

You are a man on a mission. I love it.

Sounds like folks like the idea of fast, flowing, track with plenty of jumps for the BIG MOTO Track, and then maybe you can take the SX track and get a little crazy. Make a mean catapolt jump, add whoops, and fast banking turns for the risk takers. Best of everything in one place. Indoor, small moto tracks for kids/beginners, Big moto track, and a serious SX track.

Just my thoughts. Cya Sat. My boy will be in the kid indoor race.

Michael

That is the plan for the SX track, making bigger jumps and long whoop section. The area behind SX track where the lights are is where the flat track will go. We can race that at night if needed to with the lights there. Thought about racing SX track at night? Just use the light plants i already have to light it up?

Back