Stuff trail riders should be thinking about, even though it's not about a riding area

sturd

PR Addict
https://www.sharetrails.org/public-lands/nps-oyster-stew-betrayal-deja-vu

The Feds do a lot of stupid stuff. They also do some stuff I sort of wish
they would continue to do. The link above falls well into the realm of
stuff I need to do something about it's so against what I think is right.

You, if you like to ride on public lands (and probably if you like
to ride on private land that might in some way be regulated by
the Feds), need to stay alert. Join the BRC or whatever local
riding rights organization you may have, or both. I go to Colorado fairly
regularly so belong to COHVCO.

Write/call your congresscritter or this sort of crap will stop
us from using public lands.

Sturd you supported Obama, so this is the kinds of things that the democrats want to do. They do not want your riding any off road vehicles on federal land. Too many tree huggers in the democratic party.

+1........drill away. Had a conversation with a elected offical from Wyoming last week. Wyoming is one of the largest coal producing states in the USA. People in Washington did not want to open up a port to them to ship their coal. So the elected people of Wyoming said OK, go get your coal for your heat and power from another state......but it is going to cost you MUCH more than coming from Wyoming. They opened up a port for them.

Sturd you supported Obama, so this is the kinds of things that the democrats want to do. They do not want your riding any off road vehicles on federal land. Too many tree huggers in the democratic party.

I did? If I had, what's that got to do with this? Typical can't look past your own nose
response.

And how did Sturd manage to stir something up in Dual Sport, Off-Road & Trails? lol!

A name change to a more cryptic "stirred" in order?

Only if I thought I had to hide for some reason.

The first link is an example of something everybody that wants to ride should read,understand,
and act on (send your congresscritter a letter).

The second is almost as bad as the science that they claim is bad. For a report
that at least lets you understand what is really going on there try this:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/point-reyes-oyster-farmer-sues-feds-over-eviction/nTMqS/

It should make you just as angry *and* you'll understand at least some of
the issues instead of a bunch of talking points.

Mike S., Obvious big picture and beyond being mad. KTVU and AP Wires, fine sources. :rolleyes: Forget cryptic, "stirred", definitely more apropos.

WHOOAA!!!

Easy there Punkin!
Before I get started I have to say that (as best I can describe without saying Tea Party) I am a self proclaimed Republican minded Democrat. I am not the political police, nor do I have any more or less right to an opinion than any other. And I think its great you speak your mind but Hold on there cowboy! this is hitting below the belt.

I realize many Politicians have affiliates, and agenda's, and plain outright IOU's to special interest groups and I am aware of Obamas environmental, Green Policies. But please try and refrain from unfounded Slander and Biased comments without fact, simply by association.
You could easily be accused you of being an ignorant, off - roading, redneck, with total disregard for the environment, simply because you ride Off-road Motorcycles!
Your attempt at using this thread and the horrendous acts of extremest to slander Political figures, those of the affiliated party, or others who support legitimate environmental protection is ludicourous, and just as reckless, and biased, as those in the NPS who have committed these acts against the Oyster farm.

I understand your Passion, I am the same. but I just hate it when anyone exploites an opportunity such as this as political propaganda.

Sorry for the thread Hijack. As you where...

On the story. This is absolutely Unbelievable! I can't figure out what is the Gain for the (NPS) National Parks Sytem to do this? Is there a Monetery motive? Is it Threat, "The Simple fact that a civilian entity is better at protecting the environment in there area" than the Parks Service? To go so far to intentionally try and destroy this company? is it just for the land?
I just don't get it, but it scares the hell out of me!!!

WHOOAA!!!

Sorry for the thread Hijack. As you where...

On the story. This is absolutely Unbelievable! I can't figure out what is the Gain for the (NPS) National Parks Sytem to do this? Is there a Monetery motive? Is it Threat, "The Simple fact that a civilian entity is better at protecting the environment in there area" than the Parks Service? To go so far to intentionally try and destroy this company? is it just for the land?

Sure there's a monetary motive. Somebody gets money to get reelected if their policy gets enacted.
And money buys elections, mostly. I wouldn't want to be the Koch brothers advisers just about
now though.

The enviros and the gun lobby have one thing very much in common. They won but they still
whine on, trying to get more. You frikin won, isn't that enough? The air and water are cleaner
than when I was a kid and everybody is very aware of people that break the rules.
Anybody that can fog a mirror can legally buy a gun. You both won!

The only thing that makes these still an issue is money. In some lobbyist's pocket.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

P.S. Note to self - send a check to the BRC Legal Defense Fund before the end
of the year.

You should be very concerned because it's really about an all powerful central government.

On a smaller scale, our sport is about to come up against rules and regulations like never before.

I "took action" through the AMA website regarding the Sportsman Act and sent a note to Senator Brown. His reply in a nutshell:

"While I understand concerns stemming from specific hunting and fishing components of the Sportsmen’s Act, this bill supports a number of key wildlife conservation efforts. Over 56 national conservation and wildlife groups have endorsed the Sportsmen’s Act as it helps protect marine life habitats, migratory bird populations, and other wildlife and natural resources."

Obviously, like other responses he has sent to me, he is NOT a friend of the off-road recreational community. I tried to do my part to vote him out, but unfortunately fell short - short of votes! Please get your voices heard by supporting the AMA, BRC or other groups championing our cause and by "taking action" to write your Congressmen.

Obviously, like other responses he has sent to me, he is NOT a friend of the off-road recreational community. I tried to do my part to vote him out, but unfortunately fell short - short of votes! Please get your voices heard by supporting the AMA, BRC or other groups championing our cause and by "taking action" to write your Congressmen.

Could not agree any more. Senator Brown is on the the guys in Washington that MUST go. He is no friend of the United States as we know it.

Sherrod Brown is the enemy of off road riders. He was reelected by Cuyahoga, Lorain counties, and urban concentrated cities. Probably barely anyone that actually owns and rides off road. The rest of Ohio wanted Josh Mandel. Brown is a lifetime politician, an ardent Obama supporter and thinks he'll be president someday. Good luck for us if that happens. yea, this policy saves 56 species, etc. meanwhile kills all the small towns that the war on coal has decimated and relys on people like us to roll in in our motor homes spending outside cash that they will never see once the ORV riding is outlawed. This is our country, our land. I want to utilize it, enjoy it and see it. and respect it, the guys I ride with are land conservation enthusiasts. We stay on the designated trails, clean up trash, let the rangers know when there is a problem, and help fellow people enjoy our countrysides. Meanwhile we all wake up to lower paychecks, still extremely high gas prices, increased medical costs, and they want to take OUR land from us. I blame any idiot that voted for Obama or Brown. Lemmings!

Sherrod Brown is the enemy of off road riders. He was reelected by Cuyahoga, Lorain counties, and urban concentrated cities. Probably barely anyone that actually owns and rides off road. The rest of Ohio wanted Josh Mandel.

No matter what you think of Brown, the republicans screwed up running that weasel Mandel
against him. Even tons of outside money couldn't hide the fact he was a lying sack. I went to one
of his events and he never answered one question straight or anywhere close. It was ridiculous.

Brown even won in some rural areas Mandel was so weak. You can find county by county
results at http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elec...esultsMain/2012Results/20121106ussenator.aspx

No matter what you think of Brown, the republicans screwed up running that weasel Mandel
against him. Even tons of outside money couldn't hide the fact he was a lying sack. I went to one
of his events and he never answered one question straight or anywhere close. It was ridiculous.

Brown even won in some rural areas Mandel was so weak. You can find county by county
results at http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/elec...esultsMain/2012Results/20121106ussenator.aspx

Was Mandel really a liar or just an inept candidate? Appears Brown won the typical Democratic counties. Trail riders are not better off with Brown returned to office.

Back