Ivan Tedesco sign SX only deal for 2013

Does anyone have any idea how the Tedders have made all their money? I remember years ago reading in Cyclenews they were advertising for a mechanic to maintain bikes for an amatuer program for $50,000 a year. think they are based in Northern CA some where up that way. The father rides VET classes, and then the boys.

Matt has nine top 5 finishes at LL, including 4 titles.
I only wish my career was that "mediocre".

bruce

Georgie will be lighting up the Vet Classes like Matt Tedder by the time he gets that age!!! It's all just a matter of time, you'll see. And 2 of the boys have made many SX and National Main events these days...... which is no small feat in and of itself. They do pretty well for themselves on the track. I'd put money on 50+ Matt Tedder having faster laptimes than 99% of the Pitracer.com posters for sure. At 50+ years of age, he was turning 2:13 - 2:16 lap times in 2012 Loretta Lynn's Championship, which is pretty darn fast.

Rocket, compare apples to apples. There are guys like Matt Teddeer and Earl May that are superfast in the VET class, but tough to compare them to some of the pitracer crowd. Matt Tedder and Earl May do NOTHING but ride and race. Earl May left Daytona two years ago heading straight to TX for another race. If some of the VETS on here, did nothing but ride and race, they would probably have pretty good speed and conditioning also. Us regular joes are too busy with working, kids, chores, etc to do that.

I'm comparing riders to riders, 53 year old Matt Tedder to 25 year old Georgie Porgie who seems to know all and not afraid to let his opinion be known, much like yourself. I'm just stating that 2 of the Tedder boys are making SX mains and National gates pretty consistently so they are some of the top riders in the world and the 50+ year old dad is still hauling the mail even in 2012. He's turning faster lap times than I am and he's 10 years older than I am, and I doubt I'm going to pick up speed in the next 10 years. I'd bet it would be a good race between Internet Racer Georgie and 53 year old Matt Tedder on any track anywhere and when Georgie turns 53, he won't be winning the Loretta Lynn's National Championships for 2 of the past 4 years. If Mediocre results is 2 Titles in +50 and 2 second Places in the last 4 National Championships....... I'd like to be that Mediocre too. And on top of that, I'd bet that Georgie and John250 would like to be that Mediocre as well. Give the guy and his family credit where credit is due. He's fast and so are his kids. And we're all jealous of their rig and their set up.

There is a saying about glass houses...... or something like that.

I'm comparing riders to riders, 53 year old Matt Tedder to 25 year old Georgie Porgie who seems to know all and not afraid to let his opinion be known, much like yourself. I'm just stating that 2 of the Tedder boys are making SX mains and National gates pretty consistently so they are some of the top riders in the world and the 50+ year old dad is still hauling the mail even in 2012. He's turning faster lap times than I am and he's 10 years older than I am, and I doubt I'm going to pick up speed in the next 10 years. I'd bet it would be a good race between Internet Racer Georgie and 53 year old Matt Tedder on any track anywhere and when Georgie turns 53, he won't be winning the Loretta Lynn's National Championships for 2 of the past 4 years. If Mediocre results is 2 Titles in +50 and 2 second Places in the last 4 National Championships....... I'd like to be that Mediocre too. And on top of that, I'd bet that Georgie and John250 would like to be that Mediocre as well. Give the guy and his family credit where credit is due. He's fast and so are his kids. And we're all jealous of their rig and their set up.

There is a saying about glass houses...... or something like that.

lmao someone is pmsing.

Oh I give credit where credit is due. He is fast and deserves credit for that. It would be nice to have grandpa own a high voltage company and really not have to do nothing but train, travel and ride. Thats their lifestyle their whole life. Heath Voss was similar his whole life. They have all the resources, financing and become successful by living motocross their entire life. This is no different than any other sport. With a few exceptions, kids have to dedicate their entire lives to a sport to reach the top levels. At motocross, this takes a lot of money along the way, more so than stick and ball sports.

Hey when racing is your job you better be good at it! If you aren't top 6 in nationals you're mediocre.

If you're like me you suck !

I myself am like rocket who preaches his love for motorcycling. "I enjoy motorcycling." (Where have we all read that numerous times? (Under an orange ktm avatar. Maybe?)So lighting up the vet classes isn't on my top list of things to do.

We all can't win a vet b/c class robin! Some of us are just not bred to be b/c champions!!!

You guys just don't like to hear the real truth is all. No PMSing here, just stating some facts. If I rode everyday and practiced every day and trained everyday I know that I still wouldn't be fast enough to be a Professional MX rider because I don't have the natural ability level to start with that puts me close enough to the speed needed to be one today. People don't understand it, you are born with a certain amount of ability, and with practice, training, and hard work, you can improve a small amount. With partying, no training, and no work at all, you can slow yourself down a little bit too. But your range from your peak to your valley is your range no matter what you do and the professional athletes of today are the people with the highest natural range of the spectrum. Simple as that. The Tedder family has a pretty fast natural range as far as racers go. On top of that, the family has an abundance of money, which allows them to put more time and be at their peak all of the time than the rest of us and we're jealous.

The fastest guys have always been the fastest guys from the time they are little bikes until they were on big bikes and in the pros. And guys that were faster than you when you were 11 are most likely going to be faster than you when you are 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 as you go through the Vet classes, so you might as well have fun with it if you're not fast enough to make a living at it.

It has nothing to do with me, what I've done, or anything else. It's a natural ability that you have or don't and it shows at an early age if you start early. I never made any claims to be fast, better than anyone else, or put down anyone else anywhere in here. I'm just stating my opinion based on facts as I see them, which apparently you can't do unless you're from the 440! Oh wait, I'm from the 440..... so I guess I can.

You jump on everyone's back if they don't agree with the opinions of "the greater Cleveland."

From neck braces, talent and ability. Greater Cleveland knows all.

You jump on everyone's back if they don't agree with the opinions of "the greater Cleveland."

From neck braces, talent and ability. Greater Cleveland knows all.

It's the "440" knowing it all syndrome I guess, where did you catch it????

I think that I have my opinion, you have yours, and others have theirs. Some people share their ideas more than others on here (John250 and GeorgiePorgie share a ton of their thoughts) and the debate is what makes for a good forum. Do you not want me to share mine unless I agree with you? Or is mine valuable at any time? I see your ideas as valuable other side of the story on here, but that's just me. If jumping on someone's back is sharing why I think the way I do, I guess I'm guilty of it. I've never asked anyone to do what I do, or suggested that it's my way or the highway on anything from neck braces, talent, or ability. Heck I ride a Husaberg in MX, I can't possibly ask people to follow me and my thoughts! If I have, copy the quote and paste it on here.

Magazines share their opinions on what bike is best in their shootouts every year and they don't agree from magazine to magazine let alone from rider to rider, and people pay money to get those opinions. We're sharing our opinions on here for free and people reading can take our opinions and decide if they agree with them or not and decide to use them or not. I like seeing other people's ideas because sometimes that sparks something in my mind that makes sense to me..... even you, Georgie, have good ideas sometimes.

And to get back on the subject of this Post, it was mentioned that Team Tedder has lots of money for mediocre results from the Tedder Family. I just stated my opinion that have 2 sons that regularly qualify for the SX Mains (1st - 20th place is incredible to me) and MX Nationals (1st - 40th place puts you in the elite of MX riders in the world), and having a father that is 53 years old who finished on the podium 4 years straight with 2 wins in that span of the 50+ National Amateur Championships at Loretta Lynn's is anything but "Mediocre" results (Georgie Porgie's Opinion) in my KNOW IT ALL GREATER CLEVELAND OPINION. And on top of that, I also don't think that if anyone was given unlimited funds to train, ride, and race 24 / 7 that they'd become a professional MX rider as John250 does. I think that each one of us has a natural ability built into us from the start and unless your natural ability is near the top of the spectrum, you still won't make it as a pro with unlimited amounts of practice, training, and riding in my mind. Does that seem like a fair assessment of this Thread to you???

I believe you must have some natural ability. I also think that you can take someone with perhaps not the top abilities and with the right training , coaching, funds, and riding and racing 24/7 make them much much better than most out there. I consider myself a decent B rider. Average speed, still jump most things on most tracks. If all I had to do was train and ride my motorcycle, I think that I could still pick up speed, and be a much better rider, and much better conditioned rider and have much better results. In the VET class at loretta's a conditioned VET rider might not be the fastest guy but will post the better results usually at the end of the moto.

It's the "440" knowing it all syndrome I guess, where did you catch it????

I think that each one of us has a natural ability built into us from the start and unless your natural ability is near the top of the spectrum, you still won't make it as a pro with unlimited amounts of practice, training, and riding in my mind. Does that seem like a fair assessment of this Thread to you???

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Sure alot of hard work, unlimited funds, and practicing helps but if nature wasn't nice to you, you just wont make it. If you're not a 6'6" and 310lbs you're not going to be an NFL Lineman, if you cant run the 40 in 4.3 seconds you wont be a running back, all the practice in the world wont help you do that if you dont have alot of natural talent. In several Ricky Carmichael interviews I've read they praise his work ethic saying that his hard work helped him win...yes it did but so did a ton of natural ability too. Kind of like the old saying theres no replacement for displacement, well theres no replacement for alot of god given talent.

Back