Best under the jersey roost protector?

Jdunn217

PR Member
I'm looking into getting some new roost protection. Which products do you think are the best? I'd like something to fit comfortably with a leatt and not be extremely bulky. I currently wear a thor sentinel, which is fine but it doesn't go down far enough to cover the belly button/abdominal area which is starting to get very annoying! Lol Any advice on what products have the most padding that goes low and covers that area?

I got the fox pro frame earlier this year.. fits great. No arm shoulder pads and feels good while riding. Not great for anything but roost protection though... took a fall and broke ribs in July.. works for roost well ....
FYI... I am 6'2" and it doesn't feel short either

i really want to find the perfect one also. im one of the few still wearing a full blown chest protector over the jersrey. I would love to have an under the jersey one, just for looks, but im not wiling to compromise protection. I need all the help I can get.

i really like having the floating shoulders though.. not sure how much it realistically helps though.. but like i said, more coverage the better.

I like this one from 661, came close to ordering one but havent pulled the trigger yet.

http://sixsixone.com/moto/roost-deflector/rogue

6778-05.png

i got the fox proframe and love it, if you dont mind no shoulder pads id suggest this one. its light weight and full protection front and back.

fox-chest-protector.jpg

I also have the proframe, no complaints here. I had just about every under jersey protector and never liked any of them.

If your looking for crash protection then check out the vests from places like Moto-x vest co. I wear an out dated Kevlar vest from my buddy that is a cop and we are about the same size. I don't think you can buy any better protection against roost or crashes than a vest. Anybody can buy the kevlar vests but they are pricey, even for the entry level. About 200 bucks will get you in and as much as 6 to 7 hundred for a perfect fit to your body for the latest and greatest.

My friends constantly joke with me about shooting at me while I'm riding. My response is usually... Only if I get to shoot back!

I wear a regular fox chest protector with the arm protection under my jersey, doesnt bother me a bit and by wearing it under its one less thing I have to clean up when I get home

I`ve tried wearing chect pros under and on top. Can`t stand any of them. Just a jersey is the most comfortable for me and if I get roosted it forces me to use different lines. I believe the more comfortable and free moving you feel on the bike the better you will ride in turn making less mistakes. Just sayin.

I`ve tried wearing chect pros under and on top. Can`t stand any of them. Just a jersey is the most comfortable for me and if I get roosted it forces me to use different lines. I believe the more comfortable and free moving you feel on the bike the better you will ride in turn making less mistakes. Just sayin.

Haha yeah I get where you're coming from. I personally don't like wearing the plastic ones under the jersey as well. I finally decided on the One industries Blaster. It's form fitting and looks like it'll offer a lot of free movement.

75A2A2A2-AF88-426A-AD05-A45C7D14295F-18822-000016DD8828F45B.jpg

Adam63, those Kevlar vests are the best for dispersing energy. My only concern is they look like they just trap heat. When I go back home to Texas in the summertime that wouldn't be good!

Does anybody know if wearing a neck brace by itself(without a chest protector or the straps holding it down securely) where it's just kind of freely moving around a little bit compromise safety any? Or is it just personal preference to have it held down by something?

I think every angle of the Leatt conversation has been asked, answered and covered.

Oneal has an under armor jersey thing. Thinking about picking that up.

that one industries one looks sweet, just doesnt look like it would do much if u took a hard hit anywhere on your torso

Ive broken a couple of plastic chest protectors...been really sore and bruised after two of them. I cant imagine what would have happened without it on. I will always wear one.

About 6 years ago I crashed with a No-Fear chest pro on and the top corner of the front chest plate went into my throat and that was it for me. Never raced in anything but a jersey again.

Back