2012 - Your Memorable Moments?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Well 2012 is winding down, even though I did go outdoor riding with a group from here yesterday 12/15!

So what are your favorite memories from this year? If the world ends this would be our last year! haha.

For me, some memories from 2012:

Byron, IL & MC Motopark, IL
The LL qualifier trips to Illinois this year were really fun for me. Byron was the area qualifier and Randy947, Sharc, RAMFS, and myself made the trip out there heading TOWARD massive bad weather reports and tornado watch zones. Much of the trip there was watching weather and discussing how crazy we were for driving all that way for what was sure to be a horrendous crap-hole mud race or even cancellation. We ended up sneaking all of our Sunday racing in with minimal rain and getting the job done to get to the Regional. Then we laughed and busted through tolls the whole way home, only to get massive fines in the mail later.

MC Motopark was the Regional and I went with Zman in the FunMover while Randy947 took his toyhauler and Sharc and RAMFS met us all there. Awesome track, really fun racing and 3 days of moto fun.

GP racing
GPs are so much fun, but I have a hard time finding the time to squeeze them in. This season I managed to get to two races at Action Sports and one race at Pine Lake. They were so much fun!
Another great memory is Kari getting her first ever races in at Action Sports and completing both of them. She has gone from not even knowing how to ride three years ago to being able to complete one hour long GP races!

Mid Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days
This continues to be a must do event, it is just so much fun. This year we camped in a tent again and had a ton of fun just touring the facility on the pit bikes, hanging out, shopping in the swap meet, etc. Just a plain great time.
Racing the '91 RM125 in the stacked Pre-Modern class was really fun too.

BC Battle of Ohio
This was my first experience of racing at Briarcliff, as it was for many. Super stacked classes, very fun weekend!

Area 51 Can-Am Race
Had a group from here attend this year, what an awesome event! Over the course of two days, Zman and I rode open practice, then raced old bikes in a grass race, then raced two classes in the Night-cross on old bikes again, then raced 3 classes in the Can-Am race. It was basically non-stop riding/racing for us, plus add in that his son Mitchy was racing too and he was running around even more! Just simply one of the best events I have ever gone to.

Quest to 100
I added 7 more "new" tracks to my list this season in my quest to get to 100 tracks ridden or raced. That puts me at 88 now.

2 vs 4
I sold my RMZ450 earlier in 2012 and committed to racing 2 strokes again. It didn't last long and I realized why I switched to 450's in the first place -- because they are so much better. I love the 2 strokes and still have fun on my RM144 and vintage bikes, but switching to a modern 2007 RM250 and trying to compete was a big mistake for me. I struggled with it for most of the year before giving up and going back to a 2011 RMZ450.

What are your memories from 2012?

Watching everyone at Dave Fest walk towards the fire and watch him throw gas on it......Buckets of gas....Like people with little kids and adults.....As I sat about 300 yards away sipping my Rum n coke......Then watching everyone run away from the fire as it exploded into a mushroom cloud and the pallets blew off it....That was a good highligh for me! And Beans road vet day was really awesome even though they said they would have more they never did....But that day the track was sick p,Sick riders, and sweet new jumps!

My memories from earlier this year are vague as I suffered a concussion and then broke my left collarbone twice within four months apart from each other! Lol on a high note I would say a good memory I have is getting to bring my bike up here and ride some different tracks at the end of the season. From MX 213 to crow canyon, briarcliff, malvern, and a couple of really well laid out private tracks, Ohio MX is healthy and has some really good facilities to chose from. I was thoroughly impressed. And as always everyone involved in the moto scene is super friendly so I had a blast up here!

Kester a dad not punching me in the face after I landed on his kid! I really thought I was in a heap of trouble! Come to find out those people are some of the absolute nicest in moto!

Early year winter trip down south and ending up at Palmetto as well as a slew of other randomly selected tracks was more fun than chasing the races.

Going to the Red Bud national and seeing Erik win the Friday race, then having Bubba, his dad, Mom, Malcolm, Rocz, Brayton, Baggett, Emig and a bunch of others sign the plaque.

2012 was really a season of highs and lows for me - it was probably the best and worst season of my life. Coming off a knee reconstruction from last year, I barely made it back in time for the late area qualifiers in North Central and North East. I made it through the regional unscathed. Shortly after at a local race, I got the worst concussion I've had and wasn't even able to make it through a full day of work, let alone train for Loretta's. I went to LL's anyhow for the first time in my life and did fairly - which was an awesome experience. Then in fall, I took a bad spill and broke my C7 among other things and am just getting back to being active. I could a little more sunshine and less rain clouds in the future, but this sure isn't a year I'll soon forget.

2012 low funds very little racing bike problems and then a broken left arm while training then 5 days after getting cast off breaks right arm at SVR and havent been on a bike since then. Kinda a crappy year, starts training with Jesse this week for indoors

Good: Riding. BC and Pusheta on a CR500. Some good days at New Vienna. Getting to meet some of you guys in person at track days.

Bad: Splitting the frame rails on a CR500 and subsequently selling the bike. Seeing Scott Eastbourne head off to CA.

good: everything. thankful for each and every opportunity I got to throw a leg over a bike!

some things that stick out..new bikes. Went from a 11 KTM 350 to a 12 KTM 250SX 2 stroke, back to a 13 RMZ 450..that has been exciting. battle of ohio was awesome as was the can am race. didnt race much this year at all (maybe 4 races?) but got a lot of laps in with friends being a pro practicer for most of the summer.

had a trip south first thing in the year including georgia, sc/nc/wv and that was a good time. and this past weekend at doublin gap was a killer way to wrap up the year.

since I do not race anymore my up was having my son, Aiden Todoroff (remember that Name) born July 5th, 2012. Can we say 2018 MX or SX Lites CHAMP??????

Forgot to mention I rescued an awesome Labradoodle who has been great. And I just bought her a puppy companion last night. Ill be able to pick him up (dont have a name yet) dec 26th. I figure I owe it to ZeeZee by giving her a life long friend as she has proved to me that she is my life long friend.

BAD:

Courtney breaking her back.

Good:

Got a nice yz250 and a sick trx450 and I got good holeshots on both (well, kinda cuz I did get a good start on A yz250, but it happened to be Georgie's and not mine lol) at the BC Battle. Jumping the finish table on the quad was a good memory too.. haha

I don't know if I deserve to ride after reading all these great memories....I thought I had a good year by riding 13 or 14 times...I am ashamed after reading pits post...he had awesome year and he's older...only excuse I got is kids/lack of babysitting... like pit I been riding 144 but feel like I need a 4 stroke if I'm really going to enjoy riding as I am faster on a thumper...

My top moments for 2012 have to include:

Racing an ATV National at RedBud.
Finally Jumping the finish line at BC.
Winning a Moto at Loetta's.
Making it thru the whole season injury free.

1) Finding out that Paul Cutshall was going to survive his injuries

2) Not ending the season burnt out

3) Surviving the Battle

I agree on the Paul Cutshall ordeal. The Labor Day race at Smith Rd. stands out in my mind as it was Joc's last event at the Moto-X trailer. Also-- the track prep was as good as I've ever seen Smith Rd. Hanging out at the BC Battle was terrific. ANNNND-- I always have a ball at the Medina Fair race. --L*64

Machine Gun Kid, if anyone knows who im taking about. See him sneaking around Apple Cabin and Malvern all the time playing army.

Back