2012 - Your Memorable Moments?

The Athens / Action Sports AHRMA Vintage CC race in June was my most memorable. This one was a surprise to me and it was the best time I've spent riding or racing in many years. My one previous vintage CC effort ended in exhaustion and frustration as had my several GP attempts on a vintage bike. But back in June my old 360 MX ran perfectly and I rode for over an hour with a big stupid grin on my face and didn't even get a bit tired.

attachment.php

My highlight was the Police and Firemens benefit at Smith Road Raceway. I didnt even plan on racing that day, then I thought why not? I havent raced since 2004 and only putted around the yard or rode those few quad practices Smith had at the begining of the year. The gate dropped and i got the holeshot with the win both motos! I was really happy and extremely out of shape for racing. Then came the 4th of July race and I was brought back to reality! lol I had a blast though. Maybe 2013 Ill try to ride alot more.....

100% Best moment of 2012 (from a riding standpoint) was the Area 51 Can Am race. The older we get, the more we appreciate the simple things.

Watching everyone at Dave Fest walk towards the fire and watch him throw gas on it......Buckets of gas....Like people with little kids and adults.....As I sat about 300 yards away sipping my Rum n coke......Then watching everyone run away from the fire as it exploded into a mushroom cloud and the pallets blew off it....

Lol... last years fire was worse!

Davefest is always a highlight for me, it is great to get everyone together for a day of goofing off, riding, food and an explosion !

I had a couple of lows with me broken arms and then leg this past winter, I felt in a slump all year but the last month or two Im feeling back on my game. That is my #1 highlight!

Hitting up Red Bud vetfest and winning the +45B class was another great one for me.

Last would be the new friends Ive made this year.

Another memory that comes to mind. Im standing near the gate for 30+ and vet sport at the Battle. Second Moto. Running out of daylight. We had just had our only injury for the day that required an ambulance run. Im doing the math in my head, and tell the Vet Sport guys to get on the same gate as 30+, and Rick Barnes said "your gonna get me killed!!!". The gate dropped, which was pretty full from what I remember, and all of those riders made through safe and unharmed......It was a miracle! Totally unbelievable! How could nearly 40 guys ride around the track for 8 minutes without crashing into each other??????? Im still flabber gasted.

Another memory that comes to mind. Im standing near the gate for 30+ and vet sport at the Battle. Second Moto. Running out of daylight. We had just had our only injury for the day that required an ambulance run. Im doing the math in my head, and tell the Vet Sport guys to get on the same gate as 30+, and Rick Barnes said "your gonna get me killed!!!". The gate dropped, which was pretty full from what I remember, and all of those riders made through safe and unharmed......It was a miracle! Totally unbelievable! How could nearly 40 guys ride around the track for 8 minutes without crashing into each other??????? Im still flabber gasted.

Maybe these single drop full gate ideas ain't so bad after all.

2012 was a great year filled with joy and struggle.

Good Moments

-Jason Rogers taking over Malvern. I remember meeting him for the first time; probably being to excited to help him. He got to do his first ever Rider's Meeting that day. Some people were scared in the beginning (especially quad guys), but Malvern proved to go above & beyond this year.

-Tanner Stine Memorial Race at Malvern. Miss you Bud!

-The Kids, they are always at the top of the list for me, they keep me motivated.

- Red's Ride Day for Clint, Josh and Joc. That was a real special day for everyone! Thanks to everyone who supported the effort. I crashed on the first lap in front of the person who's bike I was borrowing. The eggs were alot of fun too.

- Some close friends had some babies this year.

- Getting a new job at Perrin Concrete.

- The MX Family

- Going to my first ever Browns Game with my Dad, and they won 30-7 against the Chiefs!

- My Granny! I love her!

- Motocross in general.

- OIR is back for 2013!!!

- OMA

Rough Moments

- Obama being re-elected.

- All these shootings and killings.

- Working the OIR Pro Day...ouch!

Egging mx crusader was quite memorable.

My brother got you real good a few times. Under-goggle-above-mouth-guard-good. Splat

non current ben_cr.jpgBartow Motocross - Florida
Tnt - South Carolina
Monster Mountain- Alabama
Daniel Boone MX - Kentucky
Wildcat Creek - Indiana
Podium One - Indiana
Red Bud -Michigan
Action Sports AHRMA
Mid-Ohio Vintage Days
BC
Amherst MC ( i am a member) Godspeed Dane
Fast Trax ( Right by our cabin)

I hit all these tracks with my son Jack except Wildcat Creek . Spending time with him is awesome. He came into his own this year as a part time MX racer.
I know my days with him are numbered as kids grow up and dont spent time with there parents as much as they do when young. It is a gift to have him with me.
One of the most memorable was at Vintage days. Jack won the 250 Intermediate and led 4-6 laps to take 3rd in the modern class. His second motos were a DNF andDNS due to mechanical failure . I had to pull him from the gate on my 82 RM 250 due to AMA rules stating the same bike must be raced. It was a heartbereaker for both of us!
All in all an awesome year of racing. We also spent the week at the ranch in Hurricane Mills as a family., Priceless!mm3.jpg

Egging mx crusader was quite memorable.

My brother got you real good a few times. Under-goggle-above-mouth-guard-good. Splat

Your brother cracks me up...I still crack up in my head sometimes about your joke that I died my hair to match the rain suit, haha. Now that I think about, I was kind of a wimp at first in getting hit with those eggs. Next year, hopefully be sprawled out in front of a couple pieces of 4x8 sheets of wood with a chicken suit on.

Back