indoor MX in ytown?

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
If there was an indoor MX in youngstown, and was maintained the way a track should be and had a good layout. (building is bigger then most indoors open right now) Who all would come ride?

We'd come out. Youngstown would be the closest(45 mins) for an indoor track if there was one there. We currently drive about 1hr 15mins to ram jam.

Depends on where in Y-Town it was. Do I have to drive through the hood to get there?

If there's a safe route to the facility, absolutely we'd be there.

My brother (John Woodford owner of Woodford Excavating) He redid the WRMC track for pro day, and has built many tracks for private individuals has a building, and all the equpiment and dirt. I belive he was working on the insurance and all that fun stuff today. I would bet he has it up and running in a few weeks. It is not in the per say gehtto as jrminiquad was asking but again it is youngstown. But I would not hesitate to drive home from there late at night. I'll keep this post updated with any new information.

That would be sweet! Another indoor close enough to ride. Change in venue helps with winter months for sure.

My brother (John Woodford owner of Woodford Excavating) He redid the WRMC track for pro day, and has built many tracks for private individuals has a building, and all the equpiment and dirt. I belive he was working on the insurance and all that fun stuff today. I would bet he has it up and running in a few weeks. It is not in the per say gehtto as jrminiquad was asking but again it is youngstown. But I would not hesitate to drive home from there late at night. I'll keep this post updated with any new information.

I have no problem driving home either. I just go straight through red lights. Location is the key. I know there are many vacant large buildings available. Youngstown would be awesome, depending on where. I'm sure knowing you and John, it will be fine.

227660_511942778837039_473195034_n.jpg

This plus another 3/4 of the size. Let's go boys.

As far as driving in this area....We have been born and bread in Y-town....Been driving around this city for 43 years...and we are FINE..My dad owns the main cab company in town and it runs 24 hours and they are FINE!! EVERY TOWN has bad areas....NOT JUST Y-TOWN!! Use a little STREET SMARTS when driving, just like anywhere, and if you come across a bunch of SHADY A** people on a corner....DONT STOP TO ASK FOR DIRECTIONS...If you ask me it is not different then driving to RAM JAM or Rays in Cleveland.......How bout the arena cross at the Chevy Center??? That was DOWN TOWN Y-TOWN!!!
Just felt the need to speak up for my HOMETOWN!!!!!

Like we said earlier....If you build it ...WE will come!!! Looking Forward to hearing more!!! The Sams Family

I always thought that an indoor practice facility in Youngstown would be welcomed. Y-Town certainly has a reputation, but the city is working hard to erase a lot of misconceptions. I have worked in and around the Youngstown area for many years, and for the last five years have worked downtown. Like Motodado24 mentioned, you have to use common sense. There are people walking all over downtown Youngstown these days, and Federal Street is having a resurgence. When we went to the Supercross at the Silverdome a few years ago, we had to take my little one to the hospital in Pontiac Friday night. We stayed downtown when they had the Supercross at in Detroit the following year. Were we aware of our surroundings? Absolutely, and had NO problems. I applaud your efforts and hope it comes together.

Steel Valley MX is a go. Going to start moving dirt on Monday. Pictures to follow. I can tell you that its big, bigger then any indoor open right now. Heated changing area with lockers. Heated staging area. Also have provisions for an outdoor track if all goes well this winter. We do have one question, and that is what hours of operation do the riders want to see? Also what do riders like and dislike about other tracks rental setups? We have everything we belive the riders would like worked out, but dont want to set a schedual untill we get some feed back.

Back