indoor MX in ytown?

drewmak5

PR Member
It is the old Calex plant. I grew up in Campbell and used to work there in high school. This is gonna be awesome. 15 minutes away for us also. Can't wait till basketball is over so Drew can get back on the bike.

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
Yes it is the old Calex plant. We have a total of 170,000 square foot under roof there. We are only using the 2 first free span buildings as of right now. If everything goes good we plan on using the 3rd one also for a kids track. That would leave 2 more buildings for who knows what. But I belive there is potential there.

pasimp57

PR Addict
Yes it is the old Calex plant. We have a total of 170,000 square foot under roof there. We are only using the 2 first free span buildings as of right now. If everything goes good we plan on using the 3rd one also for a kids track. That would leave 2 more buildings for who knows what. But I belive there is potential there.

How about an indoor mountain bike track like Ray's?

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
here are some pics

Attachments

• indoor.jpg
    indoor.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 355
  • indoor2.jpg
    indoor2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 302
  • indoor3.jpg
    indoor3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 295
  • indoor4.jpg
    indoor4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 306

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
the one of the dozer was moving some dirt ouside the building. The pictures with no dirt in the building is the bigger of the two bays we are using, the picture of the bay with dirt down on the floor is the smaller of the two bays. The two bays are conected and the track is going to go into both bays. Hope this holds you all over for a few days. Track should be done in the next few days. We are going to ride it and have a few faster local pros out to ride and give there feed back. Then opening day!

Michael

PR Addict
Looking good so far, I'm pumped to see how it turns out. And especially pumped to ride on it.

Just a few points that come to my mind:
- In addition to letting some pro riders give it a whirl, find a 65 or 85 rider or two. It wouldn't hurt to get a take on it from someone with less experience and ability.
- I hope you guys are shooting for opening next weekend to avoid competing with the majority of riders going to Summit this weekend.

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
You need to have a few of the slower locals ride it too.....There are far more of them to pay your bills

I am deffinatly in the slower C rider group when it comes to moto! I am a woods guy ahhaahaha. But thanks for the imput. We invited a mix of riders and also Mike Mcdade for sunday after he hopfually wins the arenacross on friday and sat!!!!! I just sent a few emails to a few 85 riders also.

Yes we are going to allow quads, we are working on the schedual right now.

And we are not going to open to the public this weekend, with summit and the chance that we might need to tweak a few things on the track this weekend would be too big of a rush. Look at next week tho!!!!

Spagina

PR Elite
Congrats Jimmy and Johnny, i think this is an awesome idea. All this good stuff in ohio has to happen after i leave... damnit!

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
Congrats Jimmy and Johnny, i think this is an awesome idea. All this good stuff in ohio has to happen after i leave... damnit!

Thanks man it means alot. We have alot of big ideas, and we really want to please the riders since they pay the bills. We are not oppsed to making track changes as much as once a week or at the minimum we want to change it up once a month. Also we have radiant heat tubes running the whole lenght of the staging area right over the riders and bikes. So while you are waiting to ride you are not going to be cold. We also have a large area with lockers and picnic tables with radiant heat tubes right above. Being cold while not riding is not going to be a problem. Here are a few pics of hauling dirt in, and also the bigger of the two bays getting dirt layed down.

Attachments

• indoor9.jpg
    indoor9.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 240
  • indoor10.jpg
    indoor10.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 319

freeh

PR Founding Father
I will say this, you guys are moving fast! Good for you, and good for us riders. The place looks like a nice size from the pics.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I will say this, you guys are moving fast! Good for you, and good for us riders. The place looks like a nice size from the pics.

thats what i was thinking, didnt waste any time. i personally think the idea of 3 indoors within a 2 hour driving area is pretty crazy.. but hopefully all 3 can continue to run successfully.. its great for us riders that is for sure!!

i havent been too excited to ride indoors, normally i am. maybe mentally im still weirded out from my last indoor experience of breaking 5 bones in my foot.. I think with all that extra room you have you should just fill it with sand and make it a little indoor rough sand/turn track!! now thatd be different..

Berkheimer#19

PR Addict
Stacy man up!!! Lol and place looks big could actually be more like a supercross lay out then a arenacross should be fun and since its only 20mins away makes it better.

Creeksideoffroad

PR Founding Father
Stacy man up!!! Lol and place looks big could actually be more like a supercross lay out then a arenacross should be fun and since its only 20mins away makes it better.

Hard to explane but the big bay in the picture is not all of the track, there is a bay about 3/4 of the size of it conected kinda behind the camera man and off to the right. The track is going to go into that room and come back out into the big bay. Should be a fun layout and big enough to keep it fun and something diffirent then the other tracks. Cant wait till its all done and I can post a go pro video. You just cant make fun of me if i dont jump everything!!!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
All these track changes....that's alot of fuel. I feel excited for your ambition. But how do you plan to make any money using all that fuel??