2013 Monster Energy Supercross Round 1 - Anaheim

This from RacerX as well:

Terrible night for Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki. Martin Davalos was looking to shed his "win the heat, DNF the main" reputation, but he made it through one corner of the main event before getting his bike mangled in the Jessy Nelson inspired first turn melee. Heat race win to DNF it was. Blake Baggett had it even worse, as his hand/wrist was bashed in the first turn stack up. We're hearing rumors of a broken hand for Baggett. Stay tuned.

Gone be a long sx season for Baggett if thats true.

Hansen is a Douche Bag. Seems like every year if your around him, you have a chance of going down. I have NO IDEA, with all the fast guys out there, why any team would pay this douche bags expenses.

Must be one of JS7's buddy!

Eh idk. probably just an excuse for his lack of sx skills compared to the rest of the field.

While I will agree that his sx skills aren't as good as outdoors, thought the 14th place finish was a little suspect considering he basically had the whole race to catch up. Going from 18th to 14th isn't impressive even for a privateer with 15 laps to do it.

Hansen deserved everything that he got on the track. Live by the sword, die by the sword is a good way of thinking about it. If he rams and runs guys off the track on a regular basis, he can be sure to expect someone to ram into him and run him off the track in return. And the Karma he's making for himself will continue to have him jumping off the track into the Tuff Blocks because that's how the ball bounces. A good block pass is nice to see executed and occasionally leads to a tip over from the one being passed. A blatant take out of the front wheel is another thing and seems to be Hanny's only move to pass.

Here's more on the subject from Steve Matthes at Racer X:

There was a strange deal in the 450SX LCQ. Josh Hansen hit privateer Alex Ray for apparently no reason. It was the last turn on the last lap and it was vicious. I’m sure Hanny was upset at not qualifying for the main, but the lack of respect for Ray was startling and cowardly in my opinion. The Mike Kranyek-owned team has Hansen this year and is still managed by Paul Delaurier. I like Paul, he’s a good, hard-working and in the trenches kind of guy and I can’t imagine he’s happy that his rider pulled yet another bonehead move. This was after a very questionable move on Phil Nicoletti early in the LCQ. It was a bit dirty but hey, it’s the LCQ and the last spot to get in, I get it. But T-Boning of Ray was just pathetic in my opinion, Ray’s lucky to not be hurt seriously. I know the AMA guys saw it and will be having a word with Josh to try and get his emotions under control. I spoke with Ray via email about it and this is what he had to say:

“I've never had any problem with him. I've never even talked to the guy, so obviously he doesn’t know me. I didn't even know that was him behind me and I wasn't expecting it at all. It was the last turn of the LCQ, nowhere near the front, so I don't know why he did it After the race I went over to his pit to ask him what he was doing and why he did it but he couldn't give me an answer.

“He hit my leg so hard with his front wheel that it broke my knee brace and took me over the berm pretty good. I know that him and Nicoletti got into it pretty good but that had nothing to do with me.”

While I will agree that his sx skills aren't as good as outdoors, thought the 14th place finish was a little suspect considering he basically had the whole race to catch up. Going from 18th to 14th isn't impressive even for a privateer with 15 laps to do it.
Don't fall for my John259 pot stirring antics. :)

after watchin this race you should stop by brotocross and read the A1 For a$$holes: 450 Breakdown, s**t had me crackin up

Back