Arenacross inversion

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Pretty cool how they force the winner to draw a number for the 2nd main gate spot.

Makes it more exciting when they have the winner starting in the 2nd row! Gotta be irritating to the rider for sure!

Sucks for the riders, but great for us viewers. they should just do 2nd moto lottery where everyone pulls a number out of a hat for their gate pic.

they should just do 2nd moto lottery where everyone pulls a number out of a hat for their gate pic.

That's the way I think it should be as well. There's a better chance of the top riders getting to battle it out if they can be side by side from the start, not having one break through traffic and running away with the race.

Heck with drawing numbers . I'm all for just inverting the finish order for the second gate . And maybe make Bowers line up with the bike facing backwards . He still might win .

Speedways do this randomly at races. Sometime they invert field. Other times they don't. It does make for exciting racing and prohibits some guys from running away with everything.

I raced go carts for a while and the first heat race was a lottery and the second heat was an inversion of the first. I won my first heat race this way! Started dead last in the first heat and started on the pole in the second. The fast guys battled it out and crashed each other out! Total blast.

Yeah, I watch it on TV last night. I personnally think that they should have kept the 25 lap main, and a dash for cash. I really thought the race from Saturday night was one of the worst arenacrosses I have seen in a long time.

I think it is awesome that we have a series like the Arenacross series that keeps more of our Pro riders employed and making money at what we all love. But I will say, I sort of think it's boring to watch. It just always seems the same to me.

Throwing some wrinkles into the program for entertainment value at least makes it more interesting.

I wonder if they changed to this system to give everyone a chance to beat the likes of Bowers, or any dominating rider in their series. you know keep the points close for interest of spectators. But it really seems to give Bowers a advantage, I think he is the only rider that can come thru the traffic like he did. Mike McDade did great as well. To me the strangest thing arenacross did was that when they get to six races left they reset the points. for (I think this is right) the top six. starting over with 1st having 5 points, 2nd place with 4 points, third with 3 points,4th with 2 points,5th with 1 point, sixth with no points. and no matter what happens only one of those six can be the champ.

We attempted to watch the TV broadcast at our A-1 viewing party, yet it was very confusing. Mostly it seemed to be lengthy shots of the crowd....

From the new format, to the schedule - it's a mess. Yet I'll still watch it and root for my crew. Hopefully, next year, they can refine the format, expand and diversify

the geographic itinerary of the venues - and pump some life into it. I'm with Ryan though, me thinks the inverting start deal is cuckoo.....cuckoo.....cuckoo.....

What about RC and his rule to have all new supercross riders have to start in arenacross....I think that starts next year or the year after

Back