Arenacross inversion

They should add a quad class right before the main. ;)

Then water it after the quads are done........Maybe some big round bales, crocodile pit, venomous snakes, a huge orchestra playing flight of the valkryies, ok now we are getting carried away, and distracting from the racing with side show antics.....

I enjoy watching it., but the whole supercross step up program is a joke somewhat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock on any of these guys, cuz I would kill to be that fast or have that much talent. But there is a reason they aren't already racing supercross. We already seen what the arenacross champ did in supercross for the last few races of 2012. Not much. If memory serves right he wasn't even able to make the main a couple times. Sorry if this offends anyone, but you either have it or you don't. Arenacross is to supercross like the canadian football league is to the NFL. You are very good, but not the elite. Not to say there isn't someone who can prove me wrong, but for the most part it's just reality.

What about RC and his rule to have all new supercross riders have to start in arenacross....I think that starts next year or the year after

I found that interesting as well. So does this rule apply to riders like Adam Cianciarello? Or would he conveniently be given a pass to go straight to Supercross?

im sure those guys will find a way around it. maybe something to do with an LL title or top placement? Or enough $ to the AMA...

I like arenacross in the sense that it gives those inbetween guys a place to get a little spotlight and make a few dollars doing what they love. Any of the guys making AX mains are still putting in a lot of work, money, and dedication... so at least they have SOMETHING to show for it..

I'd probably rather be a top 3 AX guy than a guy consistently missing the night show at SX. I think that rule will kind of screw some of those guys over though.. so it will be interesting to see what happens. AX will probably get really fast and it will discourage a lot of other guys from running it.. my .02

They mentioned that it won't go into effect "The RC Rule" until after next season, meaning 2014 is year 1. AC will be turning pro before the rule goes into effect and it won't effect him. But the interesting part is that a rider only has to make 3 main events in AX before getting his SX license, so I assume that AX will go back to the older days of starting in November and running through March. That way, the new hot shots like AC (or someone of that caliber) can get his 3 main events in before A1 in January. And since lots of AX events are 2 events per weekend at the same place, it might only be 2 weekends for a guy to make 3 main events and get his license.......... then he's off to SX.

They mentioned that it won't go into effect "The RC Rule" until after next season, meaning 2014 is year 1. AC will be turning pro before the rule goes into effect and it won't effect him. But the interesting part is that a rider only has to make 3 main events in AX before getting his SX license, so I assume that AX will go back to the older days of starting in November and running through March. That way, the new hot shots like AC (or someone of that caliber) can get his 3 main events in before A1 in January. And since lots of AX events are 2 events per weekend at the same place, it might only be 2 weekends for a guy to make 3 main events and get his license.......... then he's off to SX.

ahh did not know that. thats not so bad then. kind of cool i think then, might weed out some of the wana be pro sx guys showing up trying to qualify for sx when they have no business being on an sx track...

Yeah, 3 main events does not help the series much. I thought if they had to run AX for one season or something it could really pump some fuel into the AX series. 3 mains and gone wont help the series much.

The main idea is to get the riders into a track that has tight confines, a crowd in the stands, close racing with bowl turns, whoops, and jumps with other fast guys around them. The fact of the matter is that no one really ever gets to ride in an SX race type atmosphere and they are using AX to get them some experience in the future so that when they make their first big show at SX........... it's not a jump #1 endo like Jessy Nelson that took out half of the field! They are trying to avoid that.

That RC rule is only going to last until one of the new hotshots already signed to a big contract gets hurt and then misses the SX openers!

EVERYTHING when it comes to AX and SX is about making money. It is more entertainment, than it is racing.

Back