Amsoil AX Grand Rapids MI 1-18

Zman

PR Addict
Well
We decided to take Mitchy up to try a Amsoil Pro ArenaCross event. After he was notified last week that he was selected to do the National KTM Junior Challenge at the Wilksbarre PA Arenacross 2-9, we thought it would be a good idea to check one of these out. Track is tight with steep jump faces, but the jumps faces really did not bother Mitchy and he said it was fun.

Friday results only: Fastest 50cc lap in practice, won his heat race and 1st in the 50cc main event during the night program. Not a huge turn out in his class, but he is running again tomorrow and Sunday as well. We will see if some more show and he can put 2 or 3 good ride days together.

After his main win, they put him on the box in front of all the people. Treated the 50 and 85 riders like they were part of the program. Mitchy thanked..Jesus, Mom, Dad, his sister, SRS, Pitracer.com, RamJam, Breyley Yamaha, and Rip Vinyl. I was impressed he rattled that all off, but he watches these supercross and arenacross guys week in and week out. Who says these kids don't learn from watching the big dogs. He was a nervous mess, but I would have been also....pumped his fist in the air when they spot lighted him on the last lap. Funny stuff. The Montster girls asked him, while on the box, how he won his race? He said "just went fast on the straights and in the corners"...and said he liked the "whoops" the best.

Local newspaper reporter interviewed him also for a article he is going to do.

They are airing on TV Sunday on Speed at 6P...maybe he will get highlighted. Up close and personal all night with Bowers, Skaggs, Gibson, McDade,Smith, Aimes,Villopota, Browning..etc. Was interesting and each is/was very approachable.

Zack Rogers and Jason are up here as well. Zack kicked butt also with a 2nd in his main on his Honda CRF150R...well done!

Here are a few pics of the boys in practice and their heat races. Good showing for the OMA boys! No video permitted per copyright rules with Speed, Amsoil...etc.

Special thanks to Gibson for the pic after Mitchy won his main!...he was stoked.

zack N dad.jpgGibson.jpgMitchy1.jpgMitchy2.jpgMitchy bowl.jpgmitchy finish.jpgMitchy slide.jpgMitchystart.jpgoh boy zack.jpgOMA boys.jpgzack heat.jpgsign.jpgZack3.jpgzack4.jpgzack5.jpgZack.jpgZack2.jpgMitchy3.jpgfinish.jpg

YZ125

PR Addict
Thats awesome !!! Good for you guys... enjoy it while it last. They grow up so damn quick, next thing ya know he's marrying the trophy girl. Good luck today also,make it a double Little Z!

Zman

PR Addict
Awesome told you he would be famous!

Saturday night 50cc main result: Mitchy got off gate a bit slow tonight in the main....stomach ache reared its head 15 minutes before gate drop. Full front row gate tonight. He came around the start in 2nd and worked by and passed leader on lap 2 and checked out! Another win for Zboy! Place was packed tonight. Thanked his usual sponsors above and struggled with the question about how he passed the leader... Just said..I messed up!" Amsoil girl asked him to smile...he was soo nervous up there tonight...lots of people in stands.

One more day tomorrow morning!! Amateur day...little different format and all the big dogs will be gone. He is diggin the Amsoil and Monster girls!

Thanks to all you that root and support him!

John250

PR Founding Father
Awesome job for the little man. You have got to be PROUD. I know I would be grinning ear to ear.

Zman

PR Addict
Awesome job for the little man. You have got to be PROUD. I know I would be grinning ear to ear.

Yes, it has been a great couple of days....told me in the parking lot after tonight that I was a good MX coach! I told him on the gate tonight...have fun, enjoy yourself, and there is nothing more I can tell you...just ride! He and I are both grinning. I was really grinning, probably more than him, about the below pics.

Amsoil and Monster Energy girls...

IMG_0661.jpgIMG_0662.jpg

Race pic of the day was during his heat race.

Berm.jpg

John250

PR Founding Father
Z man.........grinning as a proud papa, and wishing you were being asked if you wanted a kiss from the monster girls!

YZ125

PR Addict
Really cool to see the little men of our sport on the podium and in front of the camera.
My sons very first race at 4 years old he was interviewed by our local TV station for the evening news.
Over 15 years ago. Wow, how time flys. Great memories.

Double D

PR Founding Father
Mitch's gets the monster energy girls! I did not even do good enough to get close to the annoying hard candy girls!

Zman

PR Addict
Hat trick! Mitchy got the start in Sundays main and checked out..brought his A game today! Couldn't be prouder of him for working through nervousness all weekend long!

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
What a great weekend you two had......many more great memories to come Zman....

It is obvious he is loving not only the racing...but, more so, doing it with Dad. THAT he will never forget, long after the trophy girls are old and grey haired......

Zman

PR Addict
What a great weekend you two had......many more great memories to come Zman....

It is obvious he is loving not only the racing...but, more so, doing it with Dad. THAT he will never forget, long after the trophy girls are old and grey haired......

Yes, we are enjoying our time together in the sport.

Found this pic of him the photographer took and posted in a paper...he really is bouncing off the walls...told him to chill...this will not always happen and he needs to remember the highs when he is having an off weekend of riding. He is a smart little fella...like his mother.

http://photos.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/2013/01/arenacross_action_at_van_andel_14.html