Amsoil AX Grand Rapids MI 1-18

Now Zman, I challenge you to do something that many mini-parents go away from --- Keep riding WITH Mitchy! I see so many mini parents that quit riding themselves and just focus on their kids riding. How many of us would have loved to grow up riding WITH our parents? The only one I really know that enjoyed that was Rocket Robin, as his Dad never stopped racing/riding and still continues to do so.

When Mitchy is on bigger bikes like 85's, it will be so fun for you guys to be on the track together. He will love it more than any of these trophies.

Looks like a ton of fun ! Congrats to Mitchy for a successful weekend!
Funny, I don’t remember getting an invite????
Good luck in P.A.!!!

Now Zman, I challenge you to do something that many mini-parents go away from --- Keep riding WITH Mitchy! I see so many mini parents that quit riding themselves and just focus on their kids riding. How many of us would have loved to grow up riding WITH our parents? The only one I really know that enjoyed that was Rocket Robin, as his Dad never stopped racing/riding and still continues to do so.

When Mitchy is on bigger bikes like 85's, it will be so fun for you guys to be on the track together. He will love it more than any of these trophies.

I can see why it happens...keeping 3 bikes going and all the money that goes with it makes it hard. I have no plans of stopping riding....just not riding AX..not my cup of tea. Outdoors only...actually looking forward to getting him to touch the ground on his 65 so we can do some MI rides together and maybe a few woods rides/races..

Medina Gazette got word and reached out to me...think they are doing an article in the paper for tomorrow and on line as well...we will see...Pitracer.com will be named as sponsor. I am told. I need to hire a press release person for him...I need to get back to training and riding! Oh yeah, back to the basement to put his cases back together on his KTM65...the new 3rd gear made it!

PA will be interesting..Friday night ride on Cobra, Saturday night KTM Junior Challenge on a 2013 KTM SX 50, which he has never ridden, and Sunday 2 mains on the Cobra. If we get him through those having fun, he could get an invite to Vegas in April for a national AX title. Same weekend the Vegas SX...that would be fun. I'm not sure we would even go...really far, but for now...we are just have some fun with these events.

Thanks again for all the well wishes...Mitchy reads these posts and feels like a super star..told him dont't get used to it and get back to homework!

Medina Gazette got word and reached out to me...think they are doing an article in the paper for tomorrow and on line as well...we will see...

Medina Gazette is pretty cool about highlighting local folks, they even put a blurb in the paper years ago about me when I won my first AHRMA titles. BUT -- you guys aren't from Medina!

Medina Gazette is pretty cool about highlighting local folks, they even put a blurb in the paper years ago about me when I won my first AHRMA titles. BUT -- you guys aren't from Medina!

Yeah, but work there...last 18 years...yeah...I don't know..they called and I talked to them...got word from FB of Medina page....really nice reporter.

As long as Mitch is having fun, that's the important part. And I can only imagine how Zman is nervous when his kid is on the line and on the track. Once Mitch gets down to 1 bike per year, things will be better, but the way Zman is, Mitch may never have 1 bike per year!!! After 50's are over, at least he can ride 65's and be a little easier on maintenance for a couple of years.

JK has been quite the "challenger" on this forum calling people out lately Z man....lol....

Drop a couple of kids and a wife on his doorstep.....then, we can start challenging him....ha ha....my two girls are ballet queens, but I taught them both to ride. The 15 year old is more into the "art" of ballet and doesn'nt want to risk getting hurt riding any more outside of the yard....but my 11 year old just started riding last year on a GT/MX80, straight to a clutch bike....she will be riding one day with me in Michigan on the trails and I can't wait to experience that with her.....

Hopefully, you are engaging Mitchy on the engine and chassis work on the bikes and he learns from you....My youngest helped fix the shift mechanism on her Craigslist special Yamaha and is currently painting a spare set of fenders and tank to her tastes right now for spring riding.....

Hmm....sure you can't think of anyone else??? Lol

Jason,

There are a few dads out there, like you, that race and continue to ride when their kids are riding and enjoy the sport in a different way than just mechanic and coach. I love riding and sharing memories with my dad even when he's 68 now and we go riding weekly still all summer and follow it up with a cookout. It's fun, great family time, and we can talk about the track, lines, and how to get through sections even now. I love having my son ride with us too and hope he's still dragging me out to the track when I'm in my late 60's and forcing me to still ride. Of course my dad still offers me advice on where to go on the track and how to go faster after all of these years of riding, and I enjoy his comments because he still cares about my riding and I'm going on 44 this year.

No matter how you are involved with your kids riding, if you make it fun, they will enjoy it and continue to do it. If you make it work and harp on them, they'll find other things to do with their time that don't include dad. So just have fun with it and enjoy the time with your kids as it will be gone before you know it.

Back