Wikes-Barre Amsoil Arenacross

Zman

PR Addict
DSC_0002.JPG

Well we made it up late Thursday night and made it to the arena early to get signed in. Day 1 was a challenge for Mitchy with him turning the 2nd fastest lap to Reed Cooper, who is currently the second fastest kid in the country. Reed finished 2nd at Lortetta Lynns last year in the Stock 2 class and had just under a 2 second faster lap. Reed is fast and I can understand how he was runner up at the fastest amateur venue in the US.

So, Mitchy did not get a great start in his heat race and ended up 2nd to a young man from Zainsville Ohio, who was able to keep Mitchy from getting around him...

Then the main...Mitchy and Reed were side by side down the straight, around corner one, and entering the whoop section...Reed was able to get through a bit faster and pull a 2-3 second lead. Mitchy finished 2nd in the Friday night main to him by the same 2-3 seconds.

Here are a few practice pics... and another shot of Mitchy with the ladies of Amsoil Arenacross. Mitchy on the box with a 2nd in the Friday night main.

DSC_0044.JPGDSC_0019.JPGladies.jpg

We then looked around and found the KTM rig and the bike Mitchy will be running tomorrow, Saturday night in the KTM Junior Challenge. Pretty cool stuff...they even put the kids name on the number plate on the front brake cable holder. Looks like he will be running Grant Langston's old number!

bike.jpgphoto.jpgrig2.jpg

Sunday we will be back to the Cobra for more AX points as we will be making up the Saturday night program, since the Junior Challenge is pushing it out. Also, Sunday we will be running the normal amateur event. 2 more shots to get close to Reed Cooper, who is first in AX points in the east and Mitchy is first in the points in the north. Both of which seem to have the majority of riders.

Crazy how fast 8 year old kids are going these days!...more to come as the weekend unfolds.

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 154
Great stuff, keep us posted on how it goes!

How's the weather out there? Blasted by the big storm?

Great stuff, keep us posted on how it goes!

How's the weather out there? Blasted by the big storm?

So far so good on the weather...about 3 inches of snow and we are looking pretty clear for the day... Just missed us! Is cold though, 23 degrees!

Very cool Zman, you definitely have young Z. moving in the right direction. Awesome job Mitchy!

Holy Smokes!!! KTM is going all out for these kids!!
The list of give aways for each kid is as follows: full set of Thor gear with t-shirt and hat, Oakley goggles, DC shoes, Motorex oils and chain lubes, the new GoPro HD camera, and a new LEATT brace!!

Getting ready for the track walk.

Looks like a Killer weekend Z man!
KTM rolling out the orange carpet for the little guys is a very Cool Deal.
Enjoy yourselves and Good luck to Mitchy!

When Jack was on a KTM 50 at the troy National he blew up his clutch and they put in a new Dominator in for free while we waited. In the KTM semi...factory treatment. all the way.

Mitchy was 3 seconds a lap faster on the KTM today than his Cobra last night. He had fast lap of day and has first gate pic for the main tonight. 3 seconds faster than second gate pic, but he did sample the soil in the last practice session. Main is late...9:43p.. Hope I can keep him up!!

I am happy I am done with the 50s. Our last 50 sr was a 2011. It was an awesome bike. Matthew could pull holeshots on Cobras on it. Talking with a few guys the new KTM 50s are even better. Would not surprise me at all if it is not a better bike. Good Luck Mitchy.

Back