Wikes-Barre Amsoil Arenacross

Way to go Mitchy! That was great! Kids are the future of our sport, he is the future of our sport. It's awesome that they have been getting footage as of late. Be proud dad, be proud Mitchy!

Mitch did great, he won't be able to sleep tonight. photo finish at the end put him in second by .006 seconds. To close to call by looking at at it.

Mitch did great, he won't be able to sleep tonight. photo finish at the end put him in second by .006 seconds. To close to call by looking at at it.

Yeah, Mitchy was the hit of the day..Gibby and Ames all told him he rocked. He did not get a great start. They lined u up and we ended up all the way to the inside as we were fastest lap of the day. I would have selected 3 gates to the right. Saying that, Mitchy went for it in the last turn...banging bars...told me later, the winner was in his way in many places, but he could not find room to get by. Just hard to pass and the race is over fast. Back to RamJams for more passing practice! All in all, a great weekend so far and KTM treated us great...they really did a nice job with this event. Mitchy is a bit disappointed, but for someone who has never ridden and KTM50 he was moving...shaved 3 seconds off his lap time from last night on the Cobra....uh oh for me! Here is the link from Speed if you missed the finish..Mitchy is coming on the inside, #8...last corner. He was .069 seconds off the win. He did a great job also putting a hand out and congratulating the winner! Kid is a class act. He said to me getting up on the box..."one more lap..just one more lap" with tears in his eyes....Son...you did great. We are very proud and was really fun to be a participant.

One more day tomorrow morning for more AX points...still holding the lead in our region going into last race tomorrow.

Also a few pics of Mitchy on his factory treatment day...Manged to get lined up right behind Ricky C for the pic. Also, had autograph session for the kids to sign posters for fans...was really cool. Can't say enough about KTM....they were great in this event....thanks again.

DSC_0270.JPGDSC_0101.JPGDSC_0110.JPGDSC_0146.jpgDSC_0194.JPGDSC_0225.JPG

Also a few pics of Mitchy on his factory treatment day...Manged to get lined up right behind Ricky C for the pic. Also, had autograph session for the kids to sign posters for fans...was really cool. Can't say enough about KTM....they were great in this event....thanks again.

View attachment 7820View attachment 7821View attachment 7822View attachment 7823View attachment 7824View attachment 7825

What a great night you and your family had. Enjoy these moments with your son, they go by to quick.

That was so awesome! We had a group watching it at Sidelines Bar with no sound and we were all screaming with they were showing Mitchy! We thought for sure he had gotten the win, but still second is awesome and what a hard charge.

That was so awesome! We had a group watching it at Sidelines Bar with no sound and we were all screaming with they were showing Mitchy! We thought for sure he had gotten the win, but still second is awesome and what a hard charge.

Yeah thanks Pit/Guys.. I thought he did also! He was faster by 3 seconds all day on the winner! I think he knew he was faster so he tried stick it in after a so so start...we did live a dream yesterday.
Now... Back to work and school...

So how much did KTM let that used #8 go for? Did you try and low ball em a little bit? It never hurts to ask, they might be looking at the next Dungey out there. At least get the parts lists so Mitchy's not riding stock like Short, he's to good for stock! Just trying to help Mitchy.

So how much did KTM let that used #8 go for? Did you try and low ball em a little bit? It never hurts to ask, they might be looking at the next Dungey out there. At least get the parts lists so Mitchy's not riding stock like Short, he's to good for stock! Just trying to help Mitchy.

Yeah... We'll two things..SXS's are really hard to get...so not sure help is there... The other crazy thing is this morning he shaved a second off his fastest KTM time on his Cobra!!!! I give up...he is just running his KTM65...these 50's are wearing me out!!

Thanks.. I did ask though! They said not for sale... Need them for rest of challenges!

Another thing I thought was awesome was how Mitchy immediately congratulated the winner. Great sportsmanship! His Dad would have been too busy dropping F-Bombs inside his helmet to do that, haha.

BTW did Mitchy yell that trademarked "Move MotherF.......er!!!" in the corner?

Another thing I thought was awesome was how Mitchy immediately congratulated the winner. Great sportsmanship! His Dad would have been too busy dropping F-Bombs inside his helmet to do that, haha.

BTW did Mitchy yell that trademarked "Move MotherF.......er!!!" in the corner?
Blaahaaaa. U are so right! I would have been so pissed I may have cleaned the winner going past getting off the track... I was actually thinking that at that time, then shook my head, and told myself to get it together!

Can't teach him those words yet or his mother will kill me.

Seriously, I was proud of the racing but also, like u said his congrats to the winner. KTM folks said it was the best 50 challenge and the sportsmanship is part of it.

I bet the other kids in school are hanging on his every word as he retells the stories from this past weekend.
Good job Mitchy!

I bet the other kids in school are hanging on his every word as he retells the stories from this past weekend.
Good job Mitchy!

Yep! Sharc....teacher played the Speed clip for the class on the big screen and asked him to bring back the trophy tomorrow to show the rest of the class....his last event went through the school like wild fire and several of the teachers made mention to him of his accomplishments...now this 2 weeks later on TV...like I said before..I am going to need to hire a media person for him.
The KTMJSC 2nd place award...pretty neat what FMF did with this design.
KTM Challenge.jpg

Funny story...down on the floor party before the main event Saturday night....Mitchy walked over to the table Bowers and Ames were sitting at with Ms. Amsoil to say hey when Ms. Amsoil shouted, "Hey Mitchy" as if they have known each other for years. Several of the fans looked in amazment at her excitement level to see Mitchy when he was not on the box. She has gotten to know him over the last 2 races since he has been on the box several times and she has had to do his post race interviews and remind him to smile for the people. At almost the exact time she says hey Mitchy..Ames jumps in and says..."are you the kid riding #8?"..Mitchy "yep"...Ames puts up his hand for a knuckle bump and says "dude...you are flying". Mitchy said to me later, Ames must me watching me when I ride? Mitchy was stuck on that for about 30 mins that anyone in that place from the pro ranks even knew he was there much less riding...was pretty cool. Gibby and McDade also came over to talk with little Mitchy. Somehow these guys find time to watch the 50's and come over to talk with the kids. Its really cool for the sport and these little guys.

Memories for a lifetime. Got goosebumps. BTW - Holy Mini-Me... Batman! That kid looks just a little bit like you.

Back