Can Millsaps run the table?

If anyones gonna catch him then RV, CR, RD, TC and the others need to hope he has 1 bad race and finishes outside the top 10. With him podium or winning every race I think he's in a position now where he doesn't have to win another event and still grab the championship.

(Granted I don't think RV will sweep the rest of the series, if he does that, then apparently DM can't just relax on the podium.)

I will be pumped for DM if he can pull it off.. With 100% of the "top" guys still riding, no one could say "james was out" or cr wasn't there yada yada..

With him podium or winning every race I think he's in a position now where he doesn't have to win another event and still grab the championship.

Pretty much.

2nd or better the rest of the season guarantees a win, even if RV pulls off first the rest of the season.

If Villopoto wins the final 10 races, he wins the championship with 380 points,

Even if Millsaps takes a second in the next ten races he loses with 374 points.

NO ONE is going to win the remaining 10 races. The tracks suck too bad to pass on. I see RV or RD winning Daytona.

If Villopoto wins the final 10 races, he wins the championship with 380 points,

Even if Millsaps takes a second in the next ten races he loses with 374 points.

Am I missing something? 25 points for a win, 23 points for second.

Millsaps: 132+(23*10)=362
RV: 105+(25*10)=355

I hope he wins it! I love it when someone else, that is not expected, steps up their game and starts running up front.
He already got pretty "lucky" when he had a mechanical failure a few races back in his heat race - had that been the main he would have been hosed on points.
If he can keep getting good starts and staying out of the carnage, he's got a great shot at it!

I hope he wins it! I love it when someone else, that is not expected, steps up their game and starts running up front.
He already got pretty "lucky" when he had a mechanical failure a few races back in his heat race - had that been the main he would have been hosed on points.
If he can keep getting good starts and staying out of the carnage, he's got a great shot at it!

I hope the air forks don't fail him. I know he's going into every race knowing he can win. That shows, he's always charging towards the front.

I hope he pulls it off. With the variety of winners we have had, if that keeps up and he keeps on the podium...who knows?

I hope he wins it all too. A really cool guy on a non factory bike. Hope he keeps it that way too. Good to see hard work and consistency pay off with a little luck mixed in for good measure.

Does "non factory" really mean anything......really? I mean the guy has his motor done, suspension done with all the best.......these bikes are NO WHERE near stock. Yeah they are not coming out of a factory semi, but these things are just as competitive. With the right motor guy and the right suspension guy, that bike can be just as good.........obviously, look at his results. I just think the whole factory vs non factory bike thing is made too big of a deal these days. 20 or 30 years ago........huge difference. Today, I dont believe it is a huge disadvantage at that level.

For guys like Milsaps, the gap is a bit different. Yes in years past there were huge differences. His bike is Definately not stock. But it's most likely nothing anyone with a decent budget couldn't buy. I was referring more toward the guys that have unlimited resources. He is riding extremely well right now and that has a lot to do with his results. I just think a guy not making a big factory check and having everything at his fingers would be better to see win it.

Not taking anything away from dm, but I would bet his salary is pretty damn good along with bonus money from the team and all of his other big sponsors. I think he's on something as close to factory as ya can get. However, I think the next step down to the real privateer is probably pretty substantial in the bike department and many are at a huge disadvantage over a team like dm's.. I don't care what he's on or who he's riding for, the dude deserves it. He's always worked hard.

Word is he dosnt have a salary in his contract, he gets a half million bonus if he acheives 10 podiums between sx & mx

Word is he dosnt have a salary in his contract, he gets a half million bonus if he acheives 10 podiums between sx & mx

Looks like its going to be an easy half million for him, plus all the other bonuses with his sponsors!

Back