More Bikes stolen 2-22-2013 Aurora, OH

RmzMoto63

PR Member
Hey I'm posting this for the Vickerys this morning that had 3 bikes stolen out of there garage by three black males ages 18-21.. But otherwise they had neighbors tell them they saw the 3 guys taking the bikes out of the garage but by the time the cops showed up it was to late. They had one of the bikes posted on craigslist and the three came to the house and looked at it last week. It was all planned and they watched the Vickerys this morning as they left and broke down the side door of the garage and took the bikes. Nothing else. The bikes were a 2010 CRF250, a YZ250, and a CRF150R. Sorry I dont have much more info. Just keep and eye out if anyone sees anything and contact Connor Vickery on facebook. Heres the pictures of the YZ and CRF. Dont have one of the 150. Thanks everyone! Hopefully someone sees these scumbags doing wheelies down the street or something.
!
yz250.jpgcrf250.jpg

That sucks. I suspect you will get some grief for your "no surprise there" comment, but I know you have to be VERY frustrated. Why wouldn't your neighbors stop them, or atleast scream at them or get a license plate. Geez. Dont just call the cops and sit back while they load em up and take off.

I have sold a few bikes using craigslist, but I do not have them meet me at my house. I give them an address of a nearby parking lot so I can meet them first. If I don't feel comfortable, I will bring the bike to the lot to do the deal. Something else I would do is to ask to see their driver's license and write their address down before I would let them follow me. If they have a problem with that, something is wrong. Hell, you need their address on the bill of sale anyway so having them show their license should not be a problem. Its rare that I do this, but I think I am a good judge of character, and if its a dad with his kid, and he has cash in hand, I have let em follow me back to my house. Anyway, I have heard too many horror stories so I don't like to take any chances. Good luck. I hope your bikes turn up.

Thanks,

Michael

Bummer & hope you had insurance on them.

Years ago had a few buddies in Maryland have someone follow them home from a practice track, waited for them to leave stealing 3 bikes & everything
in their box van. Cops said they probably sold them cheap for drug money.

One of the bikes belonged to a guy who had only had it a few weeks taking out a loan & had not even made the first payment yet.

The one guy ended up buying a new bike & shared it for 2 or 3 years with the other until he paid off his loan.

Never had that happen selling on Craigs list but have me thinking on meeting them in a parking lot & not at your home.

We also have a home security camera system we got for a reasonable price at Costco but have to imagine they were also driving a stolen vehicle.

Hope the cops find them & they get turned into the base for 3 new whoops at a track somewhere.

One more reason people should be allowed to shoot with no question asked other than good kill.

Maico Mark

Yeah, I usually go to our local motorcycle shop to meet people. Seems like a good thing..no one comes to the house.

Meet em at a gas station 20 miles from where you live. And make a day of it. Don't go home for a few hours. People are scams.

People going to the house and see all you got. Bad idea.

Makes me wonder........I have sold about 4 bikes now on craigs list. All four guys showed up and bought the bikes that day. All seemed like really god guys buying bikes for their kids. Maybe I got lucky I suppose. But now when I put another bike on Craigslist, you guys have we wondering.

that sucks to hear some more bikes got stolen, and in aurora! thats like 10 minutes from me! ahhhh i need insurance. any way, ya this makes you think, aside of purchasing, every bike i have sold through cl i had them come to my house, maybe i wont do this in the future, everyones out to eff someone over. good luck with recovering the bike!

I have also sold bikes on craigslist but usually have the people meet me somewhere else. One thing that i just read that I will definitely use in the future is have who ever your meeting off craigslist meet you at the police station. Most police stations have visitor parking or the government buildings close to them have large parking lots and a ton of cameras

best of luck finding the bikes, unfortunate that this is so close to me and Jud, its been a fairly uncommon thing around here but i cant say that i haven't heard 100 stories like this before.

Feel Bad for them I hope the neighbors have enough of a description to find these PUNKS!
Three more bikes that will get thrashed this summer and show up on CL next fall without titles as GREAT DEALS!

2 years ago i had my R6 on craigslist and some guy came down from Flint, Michigan. Im not gonna lie i was skeptical. When he came to the house i had a loaded pistol holstered on my hip and my ar15 behind the door. I wasnt taking any chances, haha. The guy turned out to be real nice and the transaction went well. I still cant trust anyone who comes to look at my stuff from craigslist though.

The same exact thing happend to someone in Solon a few months ago via a Craigslist add. They caught one of the guys because his buddy turned him in. It might be worth a call to the Solon PD very possible same guy or one of his buddies.

2 years ago i had my R6 on craigslist and some guy came down from Flint, Michigan. Im not gonna lie i was skeptical. When he came to the house i had a loaded pistol holstered on my hip and my ar15 behind the door. I wasnt taking any chances, haha. The guy turned out to be real nice and the transaction went well. I still cant trust anyone who comes to look at my stuff from craigslist though.

haha nice, when someone comes to my house from cl i have the 12ga reay to go in the garage hidden so no one can see it yet right in the open so i have easy access to it.

that sucks to hear some more bikes got stolen, and in aurora! thats like 10 minutes from me! ahhhh i need insurance. any way, ya this makes you think, aside of purchasing, every bike i have sold through cl i had them come to my house, maybe i wont do this in the future, everyones out to eff someone over. good luck with recovering the bike!

I called my insurance company when I bought my 06 (only 10hrs like new), and still not worth insuring as they wont give me crap for the bikes even if they are stolen. Maybe a few hundred and then by the time you pay for a year or two of premiums, you are break even at that point. Maybe a newer bike would be ok to insure, but i have an 06, and 00 big bikes, and 09 and 10 little bikes. I did insure my trailer though. I like the idea to meet em at the police station. :)

Reflecting back…..Why didn’t we have this problem when we paid $75 bucks to run an ad in Cycle Trader?

I think maybe because scumbags troll around on craigslist, and maybe they aren't picking up cycle traders? Who knows. Met the last guy and sold my 450 at a gas station off rt 90. Dude looked sketchy but paid cash.

thats crazy we pay 4 these nuckle draggers all year long in taxes then they come and steal from us, i still love the white power forks on the ktm's though:cool:

CL transactions go both ways. I had a buddy go and look at a 2010 yz450 and met the guy at a farm house. Abandoned. The guy was already there. The price was reasonable for the year so nothing suspicious. When they went into the side door of the barn, the guy followed him in and pulled a gun and robbed him. After he took the money, he barred the door and fled. My buddy was able to get out easily, but the dude was already gone. Called the cops, nothing. The next time he called me to go with him and as soon as we get out of the truck, my buddy opens his coat and says to the seller "I hope you do not mind I am packing heat" and tells the story. The guy selling the bike was was a little freaked, but we could see the bike in the garage and everything went fine.....

Darren

im starting to use public areas now. sold some stuff on cl a couple days ago, met at a gas station right off the highway thats packed all day. dude was cool, smooth transaction.

Back