SX track design

Now and then I like to watch some of the old David Bailey/Rick Johnson battles . Half the track seemed like there was no way to time obstacles and they just had to muscle through . What could be combined was only done by the top few riders . Speeds were lower , there was passing almost every lap , and it was exciting ( at least to me ) . I liked it even better when the tracks looped up into the stands and had a big drop away jump , and maybe a mudhole or sand pit too .

This season's races are starting to make me lose interest . Like others have said , I'm glad there have not been a lot of serious injuries but there have been some very close calls ( Davalos and Bell for example ) . The speeds are still high and I think that keeps the risk factor way up . WFO , big air , follow the leader is what the masses want I guess .

80 Foot Jumps look good on TV. and every track should have some massive triples these days. But lets make a 60 yards set of whoops that are not all the same spacing, not all the same size....rolled rock hard not to rut out. The best bikes in the world, with the best riders, the things are the same size, same distance, etc etc they skip them like it is flat ground for them these days. Whoops used to be tough. Then you could definitely use more of those jumps like Atlanta had that was like a wall double that threw them up but was not very long........you saw guys making up time over that jump. The corners could be designed a little different to also allow for more guys hitting the inside to be quicker by placing the faster berm out a little further........then guys might choose. As it is now, EVERYONE goes right to the furtherest point out to keep the momentum up, but if it was further out would they not choose? A few simple things in my opinion could make the tracks a little more interesting.......because even though you have had multiple winners this year, the RACING has not been all that exciting.

The best bikes in the world, with the best riders, the things are the same size, same distance, etc etc they skip them like it is flat ground for them these days.

You guys forget these are the best riders in the world even when you blatantly call it out. Whoops are hard. They make it look easy. They train and develop there skills to their job. Now you want to change their job and have them start over. Ok, I guess??

i think they need to film guys who are battling. Nobody wants to see RV on the camera by himself out front. Give the mid pack some tv time if they're battling.

i think they need to film guys who are battling. Nobody wants to see RV on the camera by himself out front. Give the mid pack some tv time if they're battling.

Nothing pisses me off more than when the camera is on the guy leading by 5 seconds, and I hear the crowd roar over something that happens and I'm left wondering wtf just happened.

You guys forget these are the best riders in the world even when you blatantly call it out. Whoops are hard. They make it look easy. They train and develop there skills to their job. Now you want to change their job and have them start over. Ok, I guess??

Georgie, go back and watch old tapes. Whoops did NOT used to be evenly spaced, same height, same length, rolled tight, almost every week......Say what you want, but before you were born, they were tough! You would see guys like RC and Bubba drop a wheel and then have to get going again........Its like an arena cross track. These guys go home and build it, and run it over and over and over again to where they could almost put a blind fold on and ride that track.

We could argue this all day long............but in my opinion track design has gone backwards, and in return it is one lined racing, and guys that are not the top guys being able to keep up or in front of guys that are not as good of a rider. Kind of like watching IROC racing, but your too young to know what that is probably.

Georgie, go back and watch old tapes. Whoops did NOT used to be evenly spaced, same height, same length, rolled tight, almost every week......Say what you want, but before you were born, they were tough! You would see guys like RC and Bubba drop a wheel and then have to get going again........Its like an arena cross track. These guys go home and build it, and run it over and over and over again to where they could almost put a blind fold on and ride that track.

We could argue this all day long............but in my opinion track design has gone backwards, and in return it is one lined racing, and guys that are not the top guys being able to keep up or in front of guys that are not as good of a rider. Kind of like watching IROC racing, but your too young to know what that is probably.

Even RC said this week that the whoop section was long but not deep and the riders would be going very fast through them. I agree, the whoops used to be much more difficult. However they are still beyond my capabilities!

Hershey, we are not Pros and dont have works suspension, so yes, they are WAY beyond our abilities. But these guys dont even get phased by them any longer.

Back