This Weekend Sucks!!

Original44

PR Addict
What does Briarcliff Battle of Ohio, Area 51 Can/Am race and Baja Brawl have in common ? They are racing on the same weekend in September !!!!

ouch that is a big sucky one there

can/am race was awesome. love to do that again.. also really want to check out baja brawl. yikeeeesssss

I will get plenty of jalepenos on my chicken sandwiches.......free gas for everyone!

I guarantee the best eats at BC. I got mom's noodles, Rolling Hills wood fired Pizza's, and I have the local Texas Roadhouse talked into vending at the Battle finale.

Texas road house........dang, a steak and a beer (no, I NEVER drink and ride) and I will not be able to get back on the track! Be ready for a nap.

What does Briarcliff Battle of Ohio, Area 51 Can/Am race and Baja Brawl have in common ? They are racing on the same weekend in September !!!!

Me thinks THE BATTLE will overshadow all others in time, and become the "must do" event.

I know where Kari's vote will be -- there is a Tim Horton's a few miles away from Area 51 and her all time favorite grocery store (Wegman's) is on the way up there in Buffalo. Even though we will have the camper in full bloom by then I'm sure she will unhook and take the truck out just for her favorite coffee shop.

We had so much fun at the Can/Am race last year it will be tough to top that. I think that is in my top 5 all time fun events I've done.

Let's just hope for good weather all around that weekend so all those events have a great turnout!

I know where Kari's vote will be -- there is a Tim Horton's a few miles away from Area 51 and her all time favorite grocery store (Wegman's) is on the way up there in Buffalo. Even though we will have the camper in full bloom by then I'm sure she will unhook and take the truck out just for her favorite coffee shop.

We had so much fun at the Can/Am race last year it will be tough to top that. I think that is in my top 5 all time fun events I've done.

Let's just hope for good weather all around that weekend so all those events have a great turnout!

Looks like we are going to Area 51 also. Everyone I have talked to also said that is were they are head to. My wife loves Tim Horton's also, maybe I can talk her into coming along.

x2

Here's to good weather at all three places, I dont think any of the events above will have an issue drawing a crowd with good weather.

Looks like we are going to Area 51 also. Everyone I have talked to also said that is were they are head to. My wife loves Tim Horton's also, maybe I can talk her into coming along.

And here would be the reason great races in peoples back yards go away. Just my opinion, but people beg and plead for great promoted races, good track conditions, and large gates. BC worked hard last year to show us he would do it. He quickly realized his mistakes and said...."I will fix them for mext year", and what do people in the Ohio area do? Bail for a race in New York. I know a few people not going to BC is not going to kill his race, but when you have good things at home, and people go other places, then that is why they eventually go away.

And here would be the reason great races in peoples back yards go away. Just my opinion, but people beg and plead for great promoted races, good track conditions, and large gates. BC worked hard last year to show us he would do it. He quickly realized his mistakes and said...."I will fix them for mext year", and what do people in the Ohio area do? Bail for a race in New York. I know a few people not going to BC is not going to kill his race, but when you have good things at home, and people go other places, then that is why they eventually go away.

What????....They scheduled on top of each other????
Actually two were already established …..the third, not.
So now why are you pointing a finger? …..and at Whom?

Not pointing any fingers. There are not enough weekends where you will not conflict with something........I am just saying people will complain that they have to drive hundreds of miles to get a good race and full gates. BC is trying to build those markee events and people are going out of state.

Area 51 has 2 must races on our list for the year. The can-am race and the XL race.

I want to check out that XL race too. I already have my WNYRacing card and plan to hit some of those races this year. Sorry John250 - I've raced in Ohio for almost 30 years, I enjoy going to other places and treating my racing like little vacations. The fate of OMA in Ohio is not going to rest on a couple of grizzled out vet spodes.

well i for one know why i travel to new york or michigan. better tracks, larger gates. but when a operation like briarcliff steps up and says that his race is the one to be at . im all for it and trust that jeremy means just that. people we have to give him the oppertunity to prove him self and like someone said in previous post keep our own tracks alive. hey if it fails then we know where to go next time. but im for helping my own kind before anyone else. so lets make this battle weekend one that makes people say thats where im going to spend my money. just my 2cents. all tracks involved are really nice and are worthy of a crown.goodluck to all

Now now everyone. I know of at least 10 people that missed the battle last year, personal friends, and it still turned out great. And i also know about 100 people that came to watch, and wished they had raced, and I dont think any of them will venture out of state to race. Im not worried about attendance, just the weather worries me.

Do I think we will have a higher attendance than the other two? No. Do we need to? No. We are too new when compared to the other two, and yes I can play that card. Do I think we will have a better event, without a doubt. Will i outwork them? no contest. I agree with Mike, it may take me a couple years, but the Battle will be a must attend regional event, its just going to take me a couple of years to make it on the bucket lists of everyone outside of Ohio. I am going to worry about me and the people who support the Cliff, I dont worry about tracks that are 6 hours plus away.

Back