Bad News

Schlauch

PR Addict
Bad News (Joc from Moto X)

This is Carole Goff (Sami's mom). It is with a heavy heart, I am sharing that Joc from Moto X passed away this morning. He was a huge part of the racing community here and I thought everyone should know.

Joc will be missed. Im glad I got to know him this past summer at Smith road raceway. (known of him and bought stuff off of him since 1998 but did know him as a person till 2012) Every wednesday practice he would drive his van down to the track to get a hot dog and just talk about racing among other subjects. When it came to children at the races I personally didnt see anyone with a bigger heart toward kids then Joc.

Oh no. Very very sad news. One of the biggest parts of the MX family was Joc and the Moto-X trailer. He helped my family and I with parts and gear in 2001 when I raced at Loretta Lynn's. At one time or another he's helped everyone at the track with a parts or tear offs. :-/ Joc's family is in my thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P. My thoughts and prayers to his family, have many good memories of racing with him, he will be missed.

Thanks Joc.

oir%209_25_11221-XL.jpg

We will be having a memorial service for Joc at Smith Roads Memorial Day Race, anyone is welcome to come speak and share stories. If anyone has any old racing photos of Joc they would like to share we would love it if you would email them to us (SmithRoadRaceway@gmail.com) or drop them off at the track once we are up and running this season, we would like to have some pictures blown up to display at the Memorial.

Sad to here, Joc was such a huge help. He really cared about the sport and will be missed. Even though he retired last season not having him around will be a little harder now. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

im 35 and i remember when i was like 12 13 joc was the first one in the gate at smith road settin up, where have the years gone RIP in moto heaven joc, sucks gettin old, im still 18 in my eyes though.lol

So sad to hear. Few have committed so much of their lives to the sport. I first met Joc when when signing up my 4 year old racer at Summit Co. Fair in 1998. I was already missing you this year. Rest in Peace.

100_2628.jpg

For as long as I've been racing motocross, going back to mid 80's, JOC has been a fixture at the track. I know he loved getting on here and reading all the stuff, we had many good discussions and laughs talking about things that were posted on here.

JOC made a lasting impact on Ohio motocross, he will be missed.

JOC made a lasting impact on Ohio motocross, he will be missed.

That's an understatement. Truly a sad day. Jock was just a genuine nice, caring, determined man. His services and presence at the track will be deeply missed. He is a man that can never be replaced. If we all could be more like him. He always would tell me at the motox truck I needed to shut my mouth on pitracer because I piss alot of people off. Wish I could talk to him one last time. He was and is every motocross riders best friend. Good bye Jock, you are loved by many thank you for being such a positive role model in our local scene we were truly blessed to have you.

Ill never forgot being little, and hanging around his trailer while my dad raced. I always thought it was the coolest. I'm so glad I had the chance to talk to him at the last smith road race and he still knew my name. He will be missed :(

A very heavy heart is pulling
So sorry to hear the news.
My life has been touched by Joc for 39 years.
Since my days on MTD Mini bikes at Smith Road, Joc was pure Moto me.
Joc could be heard above the crowd when cheering-on the days champions and still gentle when wiping a tear.
From air cooled engines to air forks, Joc was always there. A Pick-up and a 6x12 can give me plenty of difficulty at times yet he was always able to be set up with the precision of a watch maker, open and smiling . He was ready to go..
Joc did so very much for so many of us.
I will miss him dearly..

One of the coolest things that Joc ever did for me was after winning Lorreta Lynns. He asked me to bring my jersey over and Print "1N" on the back with my name on it, and I asked him how much for the jersey lettering....... he just said "It's on the house, you did something special and this is my reward for you"....... just because he liked to see the local boys do well!

Thanks Joc, you will be missed for sure!

this is very sad news. joc was and always will be our family friend. he always went out for supper with us. he personaly made my son one of his favorites. even made him his own moto x shirt that said chase fry our very own walking wounded. the race team up stairs must have needed a pit guy so they pulled the best one around. r.i.p. moto man.

RIP Joc. I'm only 24 years old, but this is my 19th year racing (off and on). I started out in CRA, racing places like Pyma, Malvern, and OIR. The big, bright red moto-x trailer is a staple in my mind from all the races in my childhood, up until recently. I know my dad bought my first pair of boots off of him, and then traded them in to Joc for my second pair! He was a good guy and i always enjoyed talking to him. You will be missed.

Back