Moto revolution round 2 Malvern march 30 & 31

MalvernMX

PR Addict
For round 2, the forecast looks like Mother Nature is going to be in a little better mood. Highs near 50. This round is sponsored by Kames. We will have over $1,000 in products to give away with the awards! There will also be some trivia and holeshot awards. We bought a t shirt cannon that I'm dying to put to work; we will do that during track prep sessions. Speaking of awards, Tina has been working with MX trophies out of Nevada to bring everyone something different than we have ever offered. They are really cool and have a touch of Easter mixed in to MX. We will get a picture of them on here shortly. We are also working on improving our P.A. System and installing an FM transmitter to help with those pitting across the street. Not sure if my sound guy will get that wrapped up for this weekend or not.

Saturday practice sessions start at 10am and run till 4pm. Sunday is race day, sign up opens at 7am practice at 8:30 with the race following practice.

Again a BIG thanks to Kames sports for all their support. Anyone who has any interest in motocross, hunting, fishing, or camping really needs to get to Kames. It just doesn't get any better!

Just an update on the OMA rule book: a new one has been updated, the most current edition is March 25th.

Just some minor typos. Mainly a clarification on Vet Sport. You cannot run both Vet Sport and 25+, 30+, and 40+. Vet Sport is not to be used as a second class.

Acryllic Awards for MotoRev. #2 at Malvern!

malverntrophy2_zps4301bc56.jpg

Mainly a clarification on Vet Sport. You cannot run both Vet Sport and 25+, 30+, and 40+. Vet Sport is not to be used as a second class.

I think the Vet Sport class, while it seemed like a good idea, is going to cause you guys problems and you are going to need to change it to Vet C.

In reality, a Vet C rider should be allowed to race both Vet C and also the straight skill classes because inherently in the class name "+30" that means any skill. Also while we are trying to work in reality, that Vet C racer should not be winning both classes!

I'm not sure how you guys can get around this, we all thought Vet Sport was a great idea but it seems like it's causing confusion.

I dont understand why people are getting so confused. Its just a "Beginners" class for those 25 yrs and older, you cant triple ( I would change the phrase to " No triple jumping or any other obstacle as designated by the track") so it should keep out the sand baggers that want to really have fun. Is it a points paying class? If so bag that too. Maybe change it to straight sport class for all big bikes, with those rules nobody should want to run it for long since they arent racing for a year end award.

The Vet C was actually considered from the beginning but we thought some of the more novice vets would not want to labeled as a C rider. It is one of MANY sticky situations that has no clear solution. It will most likely be left as is for this season. Hopefully after a season of experience there will be a better solution that will be apearant for next year.

I think it should be 25A and 25B/C all ran together on the same gate or just stagger start like everyelse in America. Same goes for the 30+ classes. Absolutly no confusing that. But there are 8 Quad classes you can run.

No easy answer, especially for a new venture. Hopefully it can go to what Washel suggest and have enough racers to support it.

Vet sport had many guys in it last year that should not have been in Vet sport. I agree with Washel though, run 25+A and 30+A, just stagger start them. This has been done forever that way.

Yeah, I heard this John259 dude was in the sport class sand bagging. Something about jumps being hard? Must be harder than the ones at Daytona SX!

Lol....!

you know I couldnt resist!

Yeah, I heard this John259 dude was in the sport class sand bagging. Something about jumps being hard? Must be harder than the ones at Daytona SX!

Lol....!

you know I couldnt resist!

Was he walking around the pits with his hat on backwards!

No easy answer, especially for a new venture. Hopefully it can go to what Washel suggest and have enough racers to support it.

This is most likely the direction we will go in next year and perhaps should of this year but it will very much make for an easy decision if the numbers for the vet classes warrant the split. Near the end of the year Jeremy and I will review the data and make some decisions. Hopefully not near the number of decisions that needed made this year though. Keep in mind guys we can't get everything 100% perfect right out of the gate but we can tweak what is needed to make it better.

I'm all for loading up the gate with multiple classes. It speeds up the day and does make the racing more exciting riders and people watching. I was loaded up and home by 5pm even with an hour + drive from MX213. Love it.

Question: What if we have riders place a decal or piece of tape on the back of their helmet identifying what class they are in by the color? ie: yellow sticker for 250B and red sticker for vet 25+ if they are in the same combined gate. (Same gate drop)

I can see where this would cause additional planning and cost. Maybe the same color decal could be applied for the whole year. Sometimes it is nice to know if the rider in front of you is in your individual class. We should all race hard to the finish I know. I think the GNCCs had some type of color coded sticker as a class identifier. They just had a bunch of colored contact paper cut into squares if I am remembering correctly.

Kind of a minor deal, sorry for long post. Pumped to be racing!

How about a "Vet B- " Win win. Not labeled as a C rider. ;)

I LIKE IT!!

Yeah, problem is the ego crossed with the egotistical one's abiltiy to lie. No easy way around it and almost no way to make everyone happy. Some peeps, I won't mention any names, don't realize why the OMA came about in that it's somewhat of a different way to run a moto district and to an extent trying to get away from the same ol', same ol'. Will it be a bullseye everytime? Nope, but we'll never know until we try. You don't know what you don't know, even though there are those that "think" they do. If you wanna win, don't sandbag, go faster!!

OK, rant over...kinda. Since I didn't have a running bike last year, I undoubtedly have lost speed and skill and deserve to ride vet 25+ sport. If I win, it must be beginners luck and I would still deserve to run and/or win it all year, dammit! ;)

Oh,

And hoping to make practice. Won't be able to make the race, but if the snow melts and the track dries and I can change the tires among some other things...I'm so there. If not, well, I may not be. No hokey pokey here. Just a simple game of in or out and I'm just not sure yet... ;)

Back