Ohio International Raceway open practice Sunday 4/14

Is there going to be split practice?

Yes we will definitely be running sessions.

Also I forgot to mention, the concession stand will be open on Sunday. We are only going to be doing a couple open practices at OIR this year so don't miss out. Especially with the new start layout and some new jumps. First OIR race is in two weeks.

Just did track walk at oir and was able to walk the entire track shoes barley got mud on them. Once its disk its gonna be amazing should make some great ruts!

Track today is REAL moto. Gnarly ruts and kickers everywhere. Just a little soft in some places. Definitely a work out for sure! If your trying to train for bigger races, this was the place to do that today. Considering the amount of rain we got the crew did a good job!

Track was great today...lots of fast guys flying in the ruts... My son and i had a blast! thanks for all the hard work today... cant wait till the next one.

Today was my first time out in two years after surgical recovery ate my season last year.

The track was great despite a zillion ruts! Thanks to JR for doing a round of prep before one of the quad sessions. It felt great to rip today. Looking forward to the next OMA event; you guys seem to be doing a great job so far. Keep it up.

The track was great today, tons of great ruts formed throughout the day. My one complaint was the way the sessions were set up. The big bikes got screwed over for the very last session of the day for ONE little kid on a 50. My dad and I sat there for an hour waiting for the last session only to find out that we got screwed over for one kid on a pewee. I don't think that was fair at all, considering there were a lot of big bikes there at the end waiting to hop back on the track for one last session. I'm sure a lot of the other big bike riders felt the same way we did today.

I agree with the last comment. I hope the ONE peewee had a nice time!!! PLus who designed the back part of the track. It was much better when the Hands had it!

The track was great today, tons of great ruts formed throughout the day. My one complaint was the way the sessions were set up. The big bikes got screwed over for the very last session of the day for ONE little kid on a 50. My dad and I sat there for an hour waiting for the last session only to find out that we got screwed over for one kid on a pewee. I don't think that was fair at all, considering there were a lot of big bikes there at the end waiting to hop back on the track for one last session. I'm sure a lot of the other big bike riders felt the same way we did today.

I agree completely was one of those riders, also thought it was a joke having 45+ riders out for A/B practice. Coming over the up hill and having a rush our traffic jam a couple feet after landing saw 3 guys get ran over at least by 3 riders. I know some people are going to bitch and moan about well some motos have 40 guys on the gate ok understandable but it was practice not a moto and the way the track was rutted so deep kinda hard to just pop out and move out the way. They did one time split A,B up once which was really nice but that was it once. end of rant lol

I agree with the last post. I hope that ONE peewee had a nice session. Plus, who designed the back part of the track? It flowed MUCH better when the Hands owned it.

Can't say that didn't suck, but then im sure the next group after that would have complained that they should have got out too, and repeat until it was 5:00 then. Yes the last group could have been combined to let another session out after, but it is what it is.

I'm glad we have tracks like this that we can go to and count on being awesome for the day, but for me anymore I don't know that it's worth it. I think I'm going to start picking the crappy tracks to practice at just for the seat time. I dont have fun sitting there all day to get out 3 times. Thats in no way a slam to anyone, theres not much you can do (as a promoter) when that many riders show up, it would be chaos without the sessions. not sure what the answer is to fix it, if there is a fix at all.

i just know that for the $85 it cost me in gas and entry I would like to get more bang for my buck :(

track was great today though especially considering the rain all week. anyone that didnt go because ethey were worried about conditions missed out. im sure the race in 2 weeks will be fantastic.

Want to thank everyone who came out yesterday. I would like to come up with some different formula for track time. It was on my mind big time after the last Malvern practice and haven't been able to get it of my mind since yesterday. Had one interesting suggestion to make a certain timeframe of the day for big bike only seeing as how that is by far the bulk of the turnout. But that wouldn't work for the father and son scenario. Although 6 hours is pretty standard for a weekend practice. What few weekend practices we have scheduled we are going to bump the hours up to try and help with this. Considered this yesterday of course but already had help lined up to start at 4 getting the track put back together, facility cleaned up and equipment on its way back to Malvern.

Obviously the sessions is what takes so long. I also truly believe that it is a huge factor in keeping everyone as safe as possible. I am very proud to say that with a huge turn out and one of the most gnarly rough rutted tracks Ohio will see this year. There were no serious injuries. To be honest, I really like the smaller turnout Wednesday practice much more. They are just a lot more laid back and everyone leaves happy.

I went to the Malvern practice that one saturday and track was sick, but like Crute said, bang for the buck. I know u cant please everyone but i dont think ill b attending anymore practices at any of those tracks the day b4 the race. I know im only one man, but theres gotta b others out there that feel the same way. I also do give u guys credit for trying ur best to please everyone. A lil more tweaking and itl b like a well oiled machine.

I thought the track was really good, with huge ruts everywhere. Track prep was as good as it gets. I wish I had a little more seat time, but I was tired at the end of the day. Nice to finally meet you in person Jason. You had a very good turnout to deal with no matter what you do to separate riders. I have to 2 suggestions, on really crowded days don't give the 50's-65's a big track session. your small track was real nice, and the same kids were riding both tracks. I don't think any of them were out riding the small track. No offense Parents. The other thought was maybe break the day up time with start times. A-B bikes 10-12, B-C-vet 12-2, open practice 2-4. Just some more ideas to think about. Thanks Again.

Back