Bike/Boot Wash?

that stuff sounds scary spagina lol...

I use mean green. Never had a problem with it leaving marks. $1 a bottle isnt bad. I use it straight til the bottle is 2/3 low then i mix it with water to get a little more life out of the botle. never notice it being too weak and not cleaning as well whilie being a little diluted.

I always scrub down the frame and anything else i can get to with scotch brite, including all the areas of plastic / graphics that get rubbed and all dirty fromboots or whatever.

Afterwards I pretty much spray/wipe down anything metal with WD40 and then Depending on where I'm riding, cover most of the bike with SC1. (makes the garage smell nice for like a week after ha). SC1 is a must. Motul makes a nice product, very similar (silicon based detail spray).. but the sc1 is a little bit nicer (more shiney!). Only problem with that stuff is that it attracts a lot of dust. If I know it will be a nice prepped track, or mud, I cover it and leave it. if its dusty Ill spray lightly, and wipe off after.

I also spray the chain right after washing with WD40 to displace and get out alot of the water.. then by the time I do everything else its kind of dry and I spray up with chain lube.
Same thing everytime!

Simple green diluted with water half and half. After rinsing, dry bike off. Spray everything with tire foam, plastic, engine, tires, everything. Let it sit for about ten minutes and take the damp towel and lightly wipe off the runs from the tire foam. Looks better than new.
Mike Hawkins

If you call Simple Green they will recommend Pro-Grade HD sold only at Home Depot. It's less than $14 a gallon and you mix 1 part to 3 parts water ( 1gallon makes 4). For white boots I use soft scrub with bleach.

Zoom

Simple Green 128 oz. Pro HD Professional-Grade Heavy-Duty Cleaner
Model # 13421 Store SKU # 853534

day 1 of new gaernes, think i burned them on my fmf already..got som enasty black marks that the mean green and scotch brite wouldnt get off.. lol. first day for new white boots in a little slop = stupid decision on my part haha. cleaned them the second i got home

Haha I'm still in the clean boots first thing mode too. Gotta keep'm fresh with the cost of the damn things! Same with my bike, its squeaky clean right after it comes out of the truck when I get home. Couldn't sleep at night if I left stuff dirty! Haha

My bikes only sit dirty, at most, 24 hours. Sometimes after a race i just need to get some sleep... first thing after work on monday though, is washing it.

I liked georgie's comment... black boots. I will never buy white boots again. I like the look of black, and the maintence... or lack thereof, is amazing.

Stacy, do you have the FMF mega bomb header?? I have that on my flat track bike and had the same problem with burning my boot. I kept my old boots to wear for flat track so I didn't burn the new ones. I put heat wrap on the header but it didn't really help much. I wondered if that would do the same thing on the mx bike.

Stacy, do you have the FMF mega bomb header?? I have that on my flat track bike and had the same problem with burning my boot. I kept my old boots to wear for flat track so I didn't burn the new ones. I put heat wrap on the header but it didn't really help much. I wondered if that would do the same thing on the mx bike.

yep, the megabomb sticks out a lot!! ive had it on the last few bikes and it stuck out, but its even worse on this rmz!!!

Buy a YZ 450......no pipe to worry about (until 2014)

I usually wash bikes, and trailer if I am home early that I have a little light left. No matter how tired I am, I am already dirty and sweaty, and would rather deal with it right then, then have it waiting for me the next day.

Does that mean I washed your bike more than you did last year? lol I did wash it at the battle!

That's true. However you did ride it Sunday and did not wash it. Your wash cancelled out by your ride. Lol

hiwever it was nice to return from the hospital to a clean bike and gear. Thank you.

Back