Over Rated Racers

John250

PR Founding Father
Ok, Some might know........I can not stand Queen of NASCAR, Danica Patrick. Don't like anything about her. I think she is one of the most OVER RATED drivers to ever climb in a race car.

She always claims she wants to be known as a "racer" not a sex symbol (are you kidding me), but yet most drivers do photo shoots and commercials in their fire suits, while she does hers in very few clothes and wants to know why people look at her that way, and not a racer.

Queen Danica, is with a Championship caliber team, they use Hendrick Motorsports engines and chassis (BEST in the sport)........but yet she is struggling every single week. With the exception of Daytona (probably the easiest track on the circuit to drive) where horsepower is king...and Martinsville.........she has looked horrible. Now this week, yet another provisional starting spot, and starts 42nd at Texas. A track that takes horsepower, car set up, and a lot of driver set up and guts to go into the corners at 200mph.

Last year in the Nationwide series, A LOT of short comings can be hidden by sheer horsepower and having a dominant team with twice the budget as many of the teams in the series........Many teams in that series show up at the track with one car these days. Only about 15 or so of them are Sprint Cup level teams.

So this year she is in Sprint Cup.......In my opinion in WAY over her head, and some where other drivers are MUCH more qualified to be in her seat. But she brought Go Daddy, with her, so bam.......she is in Sprint Cup.

So anyone else think there have been other over hyped racers, drivers out there in cars, bikes etc? Who?

Danica_Patrick.jpg

...I don't agree..
I can find all sorts of stuff to like about her...

Are you sure that's her? Does not look like her in the face.

No matter how good she looks........I could NEVER get past that Bitch of an attitude. No thanks.

That is her and I have an inside source that says the attitude is def. her. She is stated to be a "B".

John250, didn't you tell me that money sells and women's pro mx shouldn't be there cause they don't bring in money and blah blah blah. Guess what, Danica brings in money. Regardless of her results she has brought her sponsers, which brings money. With all the TV time, people want to see her so she is being shown why because it's bringing in the money. I would venture to say her vending trailer is one of the top sellers week in and week out.

Lotts, your totally correct. I have nothing against a woman racing in NASCAR at all. Just don't complain about being known as a sexy woman when your posing for men's health magazines.

There are women with talent that drive cars. Sarah Fisher probably has more talent that any woman out there in a indy car, sprint car, or a NASCAR. If a woman was going to get a top ride opportunity, she probably deserves one on her talent. But she has never had the opportunities in top rides. But there is a woman with driving talent.

I also have a couple inside sources that attend a majority of the NASCAR races, and one that writes for Speed Sport News. And I hear Danica has some serious attitude, blames everyone but herself for her failures on the track, and is known to be a real "B".

That is her and I have an inside source that says the attitude is def. her. She is stated to be a "B".

John250, didn't you tell me that money sells and women's pro mx shouldn't be there cause they don't bring in money and blah blah blah. Guess what, Danica brings in money. Regardless of her results she has brought her sponsers, which brings money. With all the TV time, people want to see her so she is being shown why because it's bringing in the money. I would venture to say her vending trailer is one of the top sellers week in and week out.

She better bring in the money, because she wrecks 1 sometimes 2 'million dollar+' cars every week. And they just keep weldin' up new frames and droppin $250,000 motors in her cars like it's no big thing.

Danica is just a marketing ploy IMO. Sure there is some credibility to her skills, as a woman racer, but really just brings a little extra attention to the sport.
Most overrated racer ever...(EVER)... Dale Jr. Hate to say it. Not that I have anything against him and even now he is still a fan favorite, Sort of like JS7 is to Mx. But everyone down in the pit of their stomach knows since DEI he has NOT produced. Wether or not die hard fans will admit it, it is the truth.
Then we have Jason Lawrence. He was sort of sort of the Danica Patrick of MX, except brought negative publicity to the sport. Really curious as to why J-law is trying to come back? WTF are his intentions? Simply has nothing else to do?
Most recently in MX James Stewart milk'n the money train without results. John 250 just became overwhelmed with joy jumping out of his seat with both hands in the air saying AH HAA!!! LOL! EASY Pardner......just calling it like it is. LOL!
Then you have Brock Tickle? Still don't now how he snuck "that one Championship in" and guys like Izzy and Stroupe? And so many others like them and just faded so far back after such great promise and potential.

I think if izzy and stroupe were in the sport 15 years earlier they would be known as greats. It's so damn competitive in 2013. That 450 class is incredible. I can't understand how RD and RV were pullin that kind of speed lap after lap. That's insane.....

Dale Jr made more money every year than what Jimmie Johnson made when he went on his 5 straight consecutive cup championships. The dudes popular, his old man had some loyal fans and they've stayed loyal to his boy.

Dale Jr. is pretty consistent these days, but I agree a bit over rated. And yes, he is the cash cow to Nascar.

Once we start talking MX, man there has been a lot of disappointments.

Strictly talking mx I would say Pastrana was one of my biggest. He just never lived up to the hype. Still love the guy and did great things for our sport while lacking in the wins dept.

There have been a few fast girls in flat track.Tammy Kirk was probably the first female to have success on the national level years ago. Flat track seems to be one form of motorcycle racing where girls have had some success against the boys.

I would hate to see her try and wrestle a XR 750 back into shape that got away from her........man she even looks tiny on that big Harley in the photos. Tammy Kirk had a little meat to her.

Been looking around the web for stuff on Shayna…..I’m a fan!!!
Thanks for the 411 sturd..

John, To get to her level I'm pretty sure she's had her share of spills...

27389803E.jpg

Fast and cute?.....BONUS! You go Shayna!.......

shayna-texter-rider-spotlight.jpg

Back