Over Rated Racers

Girls are able to compete in flat track cause it doesn't take the same physical strength as MX. It's more finesse, technique and finding the right line to get traction going forward.

Marc-have you found the video of her making the pass. She is def. my flat tracking idol. Hope to meet her somewhere as we hope to do more flat trackin this year and possible go watch a grand national race.

<o:pYep, I watched the vid.
That was a hard fought race in every way...overly exciting knowing she was behind the bars. I was rooting the whole way...

</o

Another fast female motorcycle racer is 19 year old Elena Myers. She has won 2 pro races so far in her career.
http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/riders/rider.cfm?did=3897

Elena_Myers.11Headshot700.jpg

122-1107-01-o%2Belena-myers-rear%2B.jpg

KneeUp.jpg

Girls are able to compete in flat track cause it doesn't take the same physical strength as MX. It's more finesse, technique and finding the right line to get traction going forward.

Yep, it's a whole different deal though the cornering technique translates to most MX
corners. You get to try your technique 10 times on a corner per final and try it on the
corner on the other end of the track 10 times too. Corners might look the same but
almost assuredly are not. While strength is not all important, it is still important.

Come out to Western Reserve April 27. Knobby class for the brave. Get in
free if you ride a street bike there. Good food and beer in the clubhouse.
Great racing, the big bike class will have some guys that are incredible to watch.

Back