Stolen 09 Rmz250 in Maple Heights Area

I don't agree with #1
But meeting at the police station is a good idea!
And NEVER meet at your place......

Most people never agree with #1 until they find themselves in the situation where they need the #1. I think of The whole judged by 12 instead of carried by 6 thing....

Repost an add with a picture of the bike and put stolen with it too, also put a reward down. My brother in law had his truck stolen by a couple of colored guys from cleveland, he reposted an add with it saying stolen and a $1000 reward and one of his friends turned him in, yes he had to still give the guy the money but he got his truck back that was worth way more then $1000. Maybe it will work for you too!!! Could even try with a small reward!

I just tried it it cant hurt... Thanks

I agree with what you say Georgie but is very unfortunate that is how things need to be done now... I would never meet someone at my house the police station is a good idea and I would say the first one from now on I will have to agree with 100 percent. It is very sad that is how it has to be now.

Either way in a situation like this, in regards to carrying.. thats not necessarily going to help you. Are you honestly going to pull and open fire on someone riding away on your bike? I'm not. Now if I somehow prevent them from riding away and they were to come at me, thats another story.

Either way, anyone selling anything on CL or any other site for that matter, just needs to be extra careful, and go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right, its probably not.

Shitty situations, live and learn, and hopefully others can learn from these types of things so that it doesn't happen to them as well. Crossing fingers that some of these bikes get returned.

Guy in Dayton here took his bike to a place in Trotwood to meet someone that wanted to meet him to look at it. They shot him and took the bike. (and it was not even that great of a bike). His girlfriend was with him, and sped away with him in the truck to get out of there.

Either way in a situation like this, in regards to carrying.. thats not necessarily going to help you. Are you honestly going to pull and open fire on someone riding away on your bike? I'm not. Now if I somehow prevent them from riding away and they were to come at me, thats another story.

Either way, anyone selling anything on CL or any other site for that matter, just needs to be extra careful, and go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right, its probably not.

Shitty situations, live and learn, and hopefully others can learn from these types of things so that it doesn't happen to them as well. Crossing fingers that some of these bikes get returned.

I have to agree. Do you really want to carry, end up shooting or killing someone over a dirtbike?! I guess I see the logic, but I for one would rather just rely on insurance and meeting at a police station. Not sure Id want to make a rash decision and end up in a gun fight over a few grand.

Now I guess there is the scenario John is talking about maybe it would be safer. But If that is what this world is coming to then well Id rather just sell to a shop or a buddy. Or let it rust in my garage as a relic. To bad this stuff has to even be considered.

Im not going to shoot somebody riding away on my bike. While it may piss you off, its replaceable and its not a "life".. I am going to shoot somebody if they are going to try to attack or kill me with a weapon. You wanna fight, ok. You pull a knife, gun, baseball bat, club, you are in trouble.

Guy in Dayton may have had a different outcome if he had been carrying.

Im not going to shoot somebody riding away on my bike. While it may piss you off, its replaceable and its not a "life".. I am going to shoot somebody if they are going to try to attack or kill me with a weapon. You wanna fight, ok. You pull a knife, gun, baseball bat, club, you are in trouble.

Guy in Dayton may have had a different outcome if he had been carrying.

Absolutely. I wouldn't start a shootout for a guy riding away on the bike. I'd say "great, glad I let him ride it without paying me up front."

If the guy threatens my safety it's a different story.

I hear America used to be nice when nobody locked their doors when they went in vacation and came home to everything where it was left. That's Marc the sharcs generation--my generation unfortunately is a bunch of 2pac/lil Wayne wannabe thugs.

Color me purple but am I the only one that practices selective selling?

Ill ALWAYS talk to someone on the phone to set up a meeting to make a craiglist transaction, even if we have been texting or emailing, I always want to hear what they sound like on the phone at least before going anywhere with something of value to meet them.

At that point if Im not absolutely sure about the person, Ill cancel the deal, "the bike sold", I changed my mind, im busy now let me call you tomorrow (or in this case never)

Is it racist, maybe, is it prestigious definitely, and i'm sure i missed out on some fair trade, cold hard cash in a few of these situations, but I do know that I if I get a single ounce of question about someone, ill just wait until another one comes along. I dont follow this for everything but when it comes to meeting strangers over the internet , in todays world, you cant trust anyone.

Like they say, there's a sucker born every minute!

In regards to shooting someone, after hearing the story, thats the first thing I thought, " I would have killed that kid", then I wondered how big of an uproar that would cause, shooting a young kid in the back as he rides away, even if you just mane him, your still going to be the guy that shot at a kid who was "just test riding your bike"

Good luck tracking this down Mike, I have heard some decent stories about recoveries recently so hopefully yours turns around, as pathetic as it sounds, maybe make those posters and hang them where ever you can around the area that it happened in, who knows maybe a buddy or a neighbor or even a parent will turn them in. Ive shared and hung the picture and info at Wholesale-cycle in Akron as well. Good Luck

Sorry to hear about the bike. I have been searching all over on Craigslist for a bike so I will keep an eye out for yours. I have had many Craigslist transactions (and so have my friends) without any issues. I would say 99% of the time it is a safe place to sell but you only hear about the bad stories. Everyone selling/buying a bike should read the above advice as it is great and I am always sure to practice these cautions.

Back