Utah SX - spoiler alert

It did look like RV ( and probably the top 5 or more ) was totally spent after the race . Thin air a factor ? Millsaps looks awesome and I hope he continues this way for outdoors . Dungey had some great lap times but , IMO , lacks the passing ability that some of the other top riders have . He even seemed to have more trouble getting by the lappers that RV an Davi blew by .

Tomac hasn't looked the same since the long break . Wonder if he had any practice mishaps or something during the off time ? In the "from the back" footage of him going through the whoops it looked like he was riding a Harley Hardtail . The rear suspension was kicking him bad and not tracking or soaking anything up at all . I always remember how McGrath's bikes looked to me like the rear shock went full travel on every bump/jump he hit , but his timing and dowsiding of jumps was so good maybe he could set his bikes up softer . Can't complain about his results .

It will probably take all week for DeCoster's bootprint to fade from Roczen's arse . He really is still just a kid (but I guess they all seem like kids to me ) even with his results record . Bet he never does that again . Kinda reminds me of when Dean Wilson backed off before the finish at Texas and gave away a win .

450s outdoors are gonna be good. Everyone is healthy. RV, TC (always fast outdoors), Barcia, MA800, RD, Millsaps. I think the top 5 could move around weekly depending on the track. All are fast outdoors. Way different than the tight one lined, do everything the same SX tracks. I cant wait for hangtown.

RV has the one thing the others don't....Aldon Baker,That guy is a monster of a trainer,Not just fitness the whole mind game everything...He trained RC and Stewart for the two years he was unstoppable....Now RV has that killer instinct to just destroy everyone just like RC did....

Guys only last two years with Aldon Baker because he is such a #@ck to them. After two years of his BS and badgering they fire him and move on. But Aldon gets them results for sure.

image.jpg

Is that legal? (I'm sure for Amatuers it's not but for pros im sure it is perfectly legal as long as they don't use 2 hands at the same time or feet. )

even with petty stuff like that they should be docking positions/points. How many breaks has RV gotten this year? Jeez.

I've always heard......NO grooming in front of the gate, PERIOD. But it is no different when Roczen or any other factory rider goes down say in the first turn. There are always factory guys right there to make sure they help them pick up their bike and get it going. That is totally against the rules. Does every privateer on the gate have someone standing in the first turn to help them pick up their bike quickly. Last week with Roczen is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

The First Turn thing in SX has been covered in the past briefly when there was some first turn carnage and guys jumped in to help. From what I remember, each manufacturer has the same # of people now in the first turn (mechanics) that are allowed to help out their manufacturer's bike in a pile up to help racers get back into racing. You can bet that the guys that are given these jobs are the told who to pick up first in the event of a lot of bikes...... KTM rep will pick up Roczen in title fight before picking up Malcolm Stewart for sure! Same with Eli Tomac vs Cole Thompson down on Honda's.

They covered the reaching in front of the gate on Racer X earlier in the week:

Some controversey stirred up after the race when a shot on the SPEED TV broadcast showed Ryan Villopoto's mechanic Mike Williamson reaching in front of the starting gate to removed a rock. This is considered illegal in the AMA/FIM SX rulebook, as "farming" in front of the gate is not allowed.
We've heard two stories so far as to why this was okay on Saturday night. From the Villopoto camp, we heard that there was a big rock in front of RV's gate, and Williamson asked for permission to move it, and permission was granted by the race officials (we also hear Justin Barcia's mechanic did the same). Our Jordan Roberts checked in at the AMA trailer after the race and they added that no formal protests had been filed, anyway, and the official protest window had closed. So, the results stand as they were.

That's a load of horse s**t. Rules are rules. Especially since you got the first damn gate pick then pick a rut without a huge rock in it.

Seems like rules apply until someone asks permission to do something.

Rv: "Uh can I be penalized before the restart?" Official: "Absolutely!"
Rv: "Uh can I double on a yellow even though the cross flag was in view but I swear I didn't see it?" Official: "Absolutely1"
Rv:"Uh Can I move that huge rock that I didn't happen to see when I was lining up to the main event?" Official: 'AAaaabbbssoolutely."

They should just reset the points for the top 5 in the finale and make it a real hoot if they can grant permission to basically anything in the rule book that gets questioned.

I've been at Numerous Loretta Lynn's events over the years and seen it happen many times, but get a track worker to remove the rock for you in front of the gate. Most of the starting line personnel understand and will gladly pick up a rock for you in front of the gate if you ask them nicely. I'm sure the Mechanic for RV asked the personnel there and they said he could do it or else they would never chance that in a Title fight........., so if he asked and was granted the OK, what's the real problem?

The first turn thing is another story, if everyone's mechanic was allowed to jump in for their rider only........ OK, but it's not set up that way. The Factory guys get preferential treatment on that one for sure. Of course they do get preferential treatment in plenty of ways already, but this is another example of why it's good to be top guy on a good team.

I know you can ask people to move rocks for you.....why didn't they then? To me, It's almost they're boasting "hey we dont gotta follow the rules we'll just do it."

I am guilty......I've farmed in front of Matthews gate before, and might have in front of mine before.......take my AMA license.

I am guilty......I've farmed in front of Matthews gate before, and might have in front of mine before.......take my AMA license.
just so you're not fertilizing i'm ok with it! hey I saw a youtube vid of your boy JLAW and he's really pumped about all the nice things you've been saying about him. I think he mentioned you by name... lol

Yeah, me and my homey JLaw have been hangin lately.........he is ready to go gehetto on the boys at the Nationals for sure.

Back